Basketball and baseball district looks like this for next two years:

Bridge City

LC-M

Lumberton

Orangefield

Silsbee

WO-S

Vidor

Oh... for a second I thought you were ranking them that way lol. I love that district though, literally no travel anymore. Plus you get to determine the true Orange County champ in both sports.

14 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

No disrespect...what is so great about vidors coaching and football program?  I was at game Friday and you all looked good.  Lcm only had one kid that looked like a play maker to me.  They only had about 12 fans at the game too.  Maybe the community is the problem?

Vidor has always had community support even during the lean years before Mathews became HC. We made the playoffs once in 2000 before he switched to the Slot-T in 2008 (I think) and fit it around the kids that participates and he implemented all the way down to the junior high level to learn the system as well. Since then, the Pirates have made it to the playoffs 5 times since 2009. He also bases playing time on who shows up during summer for workouts. Imo, without him, we wouldn't have the "hot box" indoor facility, the turf field, new restrooms, and video scoreboard. That's all because him getting the school board and boosters standing by and supporting him and all of it came without a bond. Plus, he's a great Christian coach and loves each one of his kids in all athletic sports in Vidor all the way down to the peewee leagues. Just my opinion...

When I watched the LCM game last Friday, they seemed like they only dressed 30-35 kids max. Is that all the participation that Crouch gets or is it from not able to dress because of grades? I know last year Vidor dressed out around the same number of kids but it was mainly because Mathews ran "Hell Week" type of program last summer to build mental toughness and 25 or kids so ended up dropping out because of it. Mathews was still able to compete in 5-A each week and barely missed out on the playoffs on the 2nd to last game of the year. 

50 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

When I watched the LCM game last Friday, they seemed like they only dressed 30-35 kids max. Is that all the participation that Crouch gets or is it from not able to dress because of grades? I know last year Vidor dressed out around the same number of kids but it was mainly because Mathews ran "Hell Week" type of program last summer to build mental toughness and 25 or kids so ended up dropping out because of it. Mathews was still able to compete in 5-A each week and barely missed out on the playoffs on the 2nd to last game of the year. 

Like i explained earlier Crouch dont get alot of participation. Most the kids go to band. Coach Griff did not like his baseball kids to play football. So since hes gone maybe there will be more kids come out. We need a younger coach maybe someone that can bring positive energy and new ideas. I hope someone not from this area.

18 hours ago, LC-M said:

Like i explained earlier Crouch dont get alot of participation. Most the kids go to band. Coach Griff did not like his baseball kids to play football. So since hes gone maybe there will be more kids come out. We need a younger coach maybe someone that can bring positive energy and new ideas. I hope someone not from this area.

When moody first came more kids came out including multiple transfers from west orange oddly enough we had 4 of which were "qbs".... Id expect a similar turnout with a new coach new ideas new system.... i completely agree with this... even when crouch first started community and player turnout was better. Now? Slowly declining every year... the picture seems clear to me here.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:10 PM, LC-M said:

According to a few WOS fans that will be next WOS coach. I wouldn’t want him. I would look for someone of PG or Carthage staff. 

If Barbay leaves, that's where I would look. There's no indication that it's gonna happen anytime soon but every good AD or school board has a list ready just in case. 

5 hours ago, LC-M said:

I’m surprised Barbay is still there. I figured they would want more of a spread offense coach there 

The Jasper job isn't for everybody. Expectations are the same there as they are at Newton and West Orange even though we don't have skins on the wall like those schools do. There was a lot of turnover for about 15 years in between Walkoviak and Barbay. I don't know entirely what those situations were, so I can't speak on that. 

I think we're fortunate to have Barbay, though, because he and his family seem to like living in Jasper. We win at almost the same rate that we did under Walkoviak and I think we'll eventually win a title under him if he stays long enough and adjusts his philosophy enough to rally in games like the one we played against Carthage. 

I'm not a coach at all, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. I just want us to win like everybody else that has ties to the program. 

2 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Crouch is the good old boy coach.Every time he talks about a defeat he praises how they gave good effort.Never says what they need to fix.He needs to have a come to jesus talk with those kids and quit pampering them.He needs to start coaching.

He probably told kogt to put something down lol I don’t see him doing a lot of coaching he likes to argue with the referees on Friday night.  To be honest after David Williams left things went down hill. Yes David has some bad years but he always held the kids accountable. He never wanted to change the offense out of the wishbone and that drove some kids not wanting to play. Moody came in tried to get Pauline to buy turf and a digital scoreboard. We went to the wing t and we were not Odessa. Crouch finally got hired and other the year that he had Coach Bolton at OC they really have not done much after he left.