Deweyville 43 Sabine Pass 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

Timing Adjustments—ARTICLE 2

Approved Ruling 3-2-2

I. At halftime the score is 56-0. The coaches and the referee agree that the third and fourth quarters should be shortened to 12 minutes each. The coaches also request that the second half be played with a “running clock,” i.e., that the game clock not be stopped. RULING: The remaining quarters may be shortened to 12 minutes each. However, the “running clock” is not allowed; normal clock rules apply for the entire game.

pretty clear on the rule

12 minutes each??

They already are 12 minute quarters.

3 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

Approved Ruling 3-2-2

I. At halftime the score is 56-0. The coaches and the referee agree that the third and fourth quarters should be shortened to 12 minutes each. The coaches also request that the second half be played with a “running clock,” i.e., that the game clock not be stopped. RULING: The remaining quarters may be shortened to 12 minutes each. However, the “running clock” is not allowed; normal clock rules apply for the entire game.

this rule is pretty cut and dry

How do you shorten a 12 minute quarter to 12 minutes? 

7 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

Approved Ruling 3-2-2

this rule is pretty cut and dry

Then I guess the answer to my question is yes.

Then, if you go to a game this weekend, I expect a photo of you wearing a mask.  After all, that rule is also pretty cut and dry as well.

1 minute ago, RedJollyRoger said:

How would the "remaining quarters be shortened to 12 minutes"? 

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

12 minutes each??

They already are 12 minute quarters.

Just now, NetCat said:

How do you shorten a 12 minute quarter to 12 minutes? 

the UIL uses NCAA rules with UIL exception. which means NCAA plays 60 minutes UIL plays 48 minutes.

NCAA from 15 to 12  UIL 12 to 9

this is an example on how it should be done. it doesn't have to be that time difference..

Yep, It seems "pretty cut and dry"...🤣 

Oh, I have much to learn from you, O Great Rulebook Ruler" Please enlighten us and not shame us for our ignorance. We were thinking all along that if everyone agreed, a running clock was ok.  NOW you tells us we're supposed to shorten the 12 min quarters to...well, 12 minute quarters.  Thanks Dude

3 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

Yep, It seems "pretty cut and dry"...🤣 

Oh, I have much to learn from you, O Great Rulebook Ruler" Please enlighten us and not shame us for our ignorance. We were thinking all along that if everyone agreed, a running clock was ok.  NOW you tells us we're supposed to shorten the 12 min quarters to...well, 12 minute quarters.  Thanks Dude

not sure i have time with a project like you.....

glad i could help you learn at least one rule of the game.

Just now, THE DUDE said:

the UIL uses NCAA rules with UIL exception. which means NCAA plays 60 minutes UIL plays 48 minutes.

NCAA from 15 to 12  UIL 12 to 9

this is an example on how it should be done. it doesn't have to be that time difference..

Maybe the UIL has an exception to allow coaches and officials to agree to a running clock?

A running clock that is agreed upon by all parties (both head coaches and officials) has been going on for years and years and years. Not once have I ever heard of a complaint from an outside entity (another coach or admin in the district with the participating schools).

The UIL allows the DEC to handle most things. I would think all DEC's are ok with running clocks when they are agreed upon.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Maybe the UIL has an exception to allow coaches and officials to agree to a running clock?

A running clock that is agreed upon by all parties (both head coaches and officials) has been going on for years and years and years. Not once have I ever heard of a complaint from an outside entity (another coach or admin in the district with the participating schools).

The UIL allows the DEC to handle most things. I would think all DEC's are ok with running clocks when they are agreed upon.

no there is not a UIL exception

1. 3-2-1. The total playing time in a collegiate game shall be 60 minutes, divided into four periods of 15 minutes each, with one-minute intermissions between the first and second periods (first half) and between the third and fourth periods (second half) (Exception: A one-minute intermission between the first and second and the third and fourth periods may be extended for radio and television timeouts).

a. No period shall end until the ball is dead and the referee declares the period ended [S14].
    b. The intermission between halves shall be 20 minutes, unless altered before the game by mutual agreement of the administrations of both schools. Immediately after the second period ends, the referee should begin the intermission by signaling to start the game clock [S2].

EXCEPTION: 3-2-1. Change to read as follows:

The total playing time in UIL Varsity games shall be 48 minutes, divided into four periods of 12 minutes each, with one-minute intermissions between the first and second periods (first half) and between the third and fourth periods (second half) (Exception: In games below the varsity level, periods may be shortened by mutual consent of the competing schools).

a. No period shall end until the ball is dead and the referee declares the period ended [S14]. b. The intermission between halves, which begins when the field is clear of all players and coaches, shall be a maximum of 28 minutes for regular season games and 24 minutes for post-season games. The intermission between halves for post-season games may be 28 minutes if mutually agreed upon by both schools. [S2]

c. Halftime of State Championship games shall be 24 minutes. [S2]

no one ever complained about a JV kid running bases on a varsity baseball team but it happened to BC. most schools did the samething BC did but they still had to forfeit games.

just because it happens a lot does not make it right.

i would expect you to know the rules of the game better than you do.

6 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

1. 3-2-1. The total playing time in a collegiate game shall be 60 minutes, divided into four periods of 15 minutes each, with one-minute intermissions between the first and second periods (first half) and between the third and fourth periods (second half) (Exception: A one-minute intermission between the first and second and the third and fourth periods may be extended for radio and television timeouts).

a. No period shall end until the ball is dead and the referee declares the period ended [S14].
    b. The intermission between halves shall be 20 minutes, unless altered before the game by mutual agreement of the administrations of both schools. Immediately after the second period ends, the referee should begin the intermission by signaling to start the game clock [S2].

The total playing time in UIL Varsity games shall be 48 minutes, divided into four periods of 12 minutes each, with one-minute intermissions between the first and second periods (first half) and between the third and fourth periods (second half) (Exception: In games below the varsity level, periods may be shortened by mutual consent of the competing schools).

a. No period shall end until the ball is dead and the referee declares the period ended [S14]. b. The intermission between halves, which begins when the field is clear of all players and coaches, shall be a maximum of 28 minutes for regular season games and 24 minutes for post-season games. The intermission between halves for post-season games may be 28 minutes if mutually agreed upon by both schools. [S2]

no one ever complained about a JV kid running bases on a varsity baseball team but it happened to BC. most schools did the samething BC did but they still had to forfeit games.

I know enough. I'm fine.

I still will continue to do a good job like you say.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I know enough. I'm fine.

I still will continue to do a good job like you say.

well i glad you could learn something today even if you don't want to try and improve yourself.

the point being there is a clear cut rule in place for blow outs why not use it?

instead they want to make up rules which puts everybody in a bad spot.

it just takes that one coach that wants to gain an advantage or screw another team to make this a problem.

here is a example of something being done for years and until one person complains.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, THE DUDE said:

If this is from the UIL rule book then there’s no rule violation being committed regardless of interpretation. The periods are 12 min long, intermission (halftime) is meets this requirement, a min between first/second and third/fourth qtrs and no period ends on a non dead ball. It says nothing about the 12 min period following the timing rules of NCAA or NFL football..... or a flat out count down from 12:00 to 0:00.

A “running clock” is actually more within these rules than shortening a period/quarter length (makes mention below varsity level which is why you often see 10/8 min quarters for JV/JH games) at the varsity level (which I’ve never seen done) and adhering to standard clock/timing protocols. Bottom line if both coaches and officials agree to “run the clock” there’s no potential to violate UIL rules or present an opportunity for investigation, violation or protest in the future. 

41 minutes ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

If this is from the UIL rule book then there’s no rule violation being committed regardless of interpretation. The periods are 12 min long, intermission (halftime) is meets this requirement, a min between first/second and third/fourth qtrs and no period ends on a non dead ball. It says nothing about the 12 min period following the timing rules of NCAA or NFL football..... or a flat out count down from 12:00 to 0:00.

A “running clock” is actually more within these rules than shortening a period/quarter length (makes mention below varsity level which is why you often see 10/8 min quarters for JV/JH games) at the varsity level (which I’ve never seen done) and adhering to standard clock/timing protocols. Bottom line if both coaches and officials agree to “run the clock” there’s no potential to violate UIL rules or present an opportunity for investigation, violation or protest in the future. 

the UIL does not have a rule book only exception to the NCAA rules. if it is not listed an exception you follow the NCAA rule. there is no exception for a running clock except in TAPPS

Approved Ruling 3-2-2

Just now, RedJollyRoger said:

So, you can't have a "running clock" without consent from BOTH Coaches AND the Head Official...how could anyone dispute that, after the fact? You agreed to a "running clock" or it couldn't happen. And you agree to that for a good reason. 

What I don't get is if it's a rule to not have a running clock then why would game officials allow it?

Can they allow teams to have 5 or 6 downs to get a first down? What about only having to get 5 yards for a first?

What about making touchdowns only 5 points if both coaches agree?

The Deweyville Pirates showed class with this move. Coach Thibodeaux is well respected Coach in Deweyville. They kids from SP played hard and never gave up.  Congratulations to both teams and Coaches for doing something right with your groups of young men. It gives me hope about our world when I hear things like this. 

On 10/17/2020 at 11:42 PM, THE DUDE said:

technically the UIL does dictate the game since they are governing body. 

there are rules and procedures in place to shorten a game per the UIL.

it would funny if a complaint was filed with the UIL and the district committee ruled it a double forfeit. 

seems like there is A LOT you need explained to you about the game.

Not another Deweyville and da officials scam. I'm betting da Deweyville Head Coach and these officials go way back. They scammed Hull-Daisetta out of a win, threw 3,000 flags on HD and like 2 on DV, kicked HD's best player out in the 1st quarter, and now this. SMH. May want to investigate. 

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What I don't get is if it's a rule to not have a running clock then why would game officials allow it?

Can they allow teams to have 5 or 6 downs to get a first down? What about only having to get 5 yards for a first?

What about making touchdowns only 5 points if both coaches agree?

because officials in this area don't know the rules. just think of what other rules they are screwing up.

they see it done in leagues that have adopted this rule and thinks it is okay.

the NCAA/Uil has written this rule for a reason and they want it followed.

not following the rules of the game as a official/coach opens you up to all kinds of liabilities. 

just because everybody agrees to it does not make it right.

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lol thats why i ignore The Idiot now, along with reaganass fakerealville amongst others. 🤷🏾‍♂️

but yet here you are learning football rules from me...... SMH

you are just as bad as you pal from BMT.

don't get mad and leave the board again......... LOL