Deweyville 43 Sabine Pass 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Deweyville 43 Sabine Pass 0/FINAL

I'd like to give some well-deserved credit the Sabine Pass Sharks. It takes some testicular fortitude to only have 13-14 kids suited up and still practice everyday (it's not like y'all have the numbers to "get a look") to STILL show up and play hard, no matter the outcome. Very proud for these warriors that show up everyday! Good luck this Season Sharks and prayers for y'all to stay healthy!

3 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

as usually you have no clue so you just make up some dumb answer.

keep up the good work..............

Easy fella...DV starters took a seat after the 1st Qtr. How about we leave it there. (Please message me if I could explain what a "running clock" means....

1 hour ago, RedJollyRoger said:

Easy fella...DV starters took a seat after the 1st Qtr. How about we leave it there. (Please message me if I could explain what a "running clock" means....

point being the uil does not have a mercy rule of a running clock like tapes does.

so if you need me to explain that to you message me

We don't need the UIL to dictate the decisions we make to play a game (concerning mercy). I 'm humbled to see my team win with class. And also a healthy team leaving out of here un-injured to play another game next week. I appreciate the offer, but don't need you to explain anything to me, regarding the game. Thanks though!

1 minute ago, RedJollyRoger said:

We don't need the UIL to dictate the decisions we make to play a game (concerning mercy). I 'm humbled to see my team win with class. And also a healthy team leaving out of here un-injured to play another game next week. I appreciate the offer, but don't need you to explain anything to me, regarding the game. Thanks though!

technically the UIL does dictate the game since they are governing body. 

there are rules and procedures in place to shorten a game per the UIL.

it would funny if a complaint was filed with the UIL and the district committee ruled it a double forfeit. 

seems like there is A LOT you need explained to you about the game.

11 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

technically the UIL does dictate the game since they are governing body. 

there are rules and procedures in place to shorten a game per the UIL.

it would funny if a complaint was filed with the UIL and the district committee ruled it a double forfeit. 

seems like there is A LOT you need explained to you about the game.

I doubt there will be a complaint.

As you noted, the UIL does not provide for a running clock.  So in order for officials to do it, they must have the consent of both coaches.  So, the presumption is that both Prouse and Thibodeaux agreed to the running clock.

As Red Jolly Roger noted, even the Deweyville second teamers (or as much of a second team as you could have at the 2A-II level) got significant playing time.  I think we can be assured that every Sabine Pass Shark got significant playing time.

So all of the kids got significant playing time.  Both coaches agreed to it.  What is your problem with this game going to a running clock again?

If you wish, you can certainly approach the DEC, but I really doubt that messers Hodges, Willams (both Mark and Eric) and Miracle will find much merit in such a complaint, nor will their respective administrators.

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

As you noted, the UIL does not provide for a running clock.  So in order for officials to do it, they must have the consent of both coaches.  So, the presumption is that both Prouse and Thibodeaux agreed to the running clock.

As Red Jolly Roger noted, even the Deweyville second teamers (or as much of a second team as you could have at the 2A-II level) got significant playing time.  I think we we can be assured that every Sabine Pass Shark got significant playing time.

So all of the kids got significant playing time.  Both coaches agreed to it.  What is your problem with this game going to a running clock again?

If you wish, you can certainly approach the DEC, but I really doubt that messers Hodges, Willams (both Mark and Eric) and Miracle will find much merit in such a complaint, as will their respective administrators.

I ran outta likes. 

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

As Red Jolly Roger noted, even the Deweyville second teamers (or as much of a second team as you could have at the 2A-II level) got significant playing time.  I think we we can be assured that every Sabine Pass Shark got significant playing time.

If you wish, you can certainly approach the DEC, but I really doubt that messers Hodges, Willams (both Mark and Eric) and Miracle will find much merit in such a complaint, nor will their respective administrators.

you are right i doubt there will be a complaint but why not just follow the rules and avoid this possible situation. if the coaches just keep running the ball the clock will run anyway. all it takes is for a coach to come back and say i did not agree to a running clock.

i guess it is okay to pick and choose which rules they follow and which ones don't matter. there is a rule for this why not follow it.

1. Any time during the game, the playing time of any remaining period or periods may be shortened by mutual agreement of the opposing head coaches and the referee. (A. R. 3-2-2-I)

just ask BC baseball team about that JV kid that would run on the varsity. they doubted anybody would complain because most teams did this but look what happened.

11 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

I'd like to give some well-deserved credit the Sabine Pass Sharks. It takes some testicular fortitude to only have 13-14 kids suited up and still practice everyday (it's not like y'all have the numbers to "get a look") to STILL show up and play hard, no matter the outcome. Very proud for these warriors that show up everyday! Good luck this Season Sharks and prayers for y'all to stay healthy!

They also only had 2 practices and a walk through after their monday game against Burkeville. Suited out just 15 kids vs Deweyvulle

11 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

you are right i doubt there will be a complaint but why not just follow the rules and avoid this possible situation. if the coaches just keep running the ball the clock will run anyway. all it takes is for a coach to come back and say i did not agree to a running clock.

1. Any time during the game, the playing time of any remaining period or periods may be shortened by mutual agreement of the opposing head coaches and the referee. 

I'm not certain this doesn't align with the UIL....Both coaches and the referee mutually agree to shorten the game....?  That's exactly what happens...What UIL laws have been broken?  And how?  

20 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

i guess it is okay to pick and choose which rules they follow and which ones don't matter. there is a rule for this why not follow it.

1. Any time during the game, the playing time of any remaining period or periods may be shortened by mutual agreement of the opposing head coaches and the referee. (A. R. 3-2-2-I)

just ask BC baseball team about that JV kid that would run on the varsity. they doubted anybody would complain because most teams did this but look what happened.

So we are now all for following every rule and guideline set out by the UIL?

6 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

I'm not certain this doesn't align with the UIL....Both coaches and the referee mutually agree to shorten the game....?  That's exactly what happens...What UIL laws have been broken?  And how?  

Timing Adjustments—ARTICLE 2

Approved Ruling 3-2-2

I. At halftime the score is 56-0. The coaches and the referee agree that the third and fourth quarters should be shortened to 12 minutes each. The coaches also request that the second half be played with a “running clock,” i.e., that the game clock not be stopped. RULING: The remaining quarters may be shortened to 12 minutes each. However, the “running clock” is not allowed; normal clock rules apply for the entire game.

pretty clear on the rule

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

So we are now all for following every rule and guideline set out by the UIL?

Timing Adjustments—ARTICLE 2

Approved Ruling 3-2-2

I. At halftime the score is 56-0. The coaches and the referee agree that the third and fourth quarters should be shortened to 12 minutes each. The coaches also request that the second half be played with a “running clock,” i.e., that the game clock not be stopped. RULING: The remaining quarters may be shortened to 12 minutes each. However, the “running clock” is not allowed; normal clock rules apply for the entire game.

this rule is pretty cut and dry