Vidor @ Livingston

piratevillain

Is he similar to the Brazosport QB? I know the Pirates kept LB on him for a QB spy on him to try and contain him and worked somewhat well doing so. I would imagine Livingston's QB has a much better arm considering he's a baseball prospect and I think he'll give us alot more fits than Brazosports QB.

9 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Is he similar to the Brazosport QB? I know the Pirates kept LB on him for a QB spy on him to try and contain him and worked somewhat well doing so. I would imagine Livingston's QB has a much better arm considering he's a baseball prospect and I think he'll give us alot more fits than Brazosports QB.

Didn’t see him do any running, just rollout passing.  Does have a good arm.  Deal is, what I saw were Hudl “Recaps”, which are only the good plays.   They don’t show the over/under throws than no one could catch. Pretty good RB, but as I remember, only one good run on the film.  The QB will be hard to sack, but if Vidor can keep him from getting outside, it might mess with his head.   Orangefield held them to 21.  If Vidor holds them to 21, Vidor should win (he posted with fingers crossed 😄).

On 10/19/2020 at 5:30 PM, LionBacker99 said:

I don’t post often but want to throw in my two cents. Livingston has performed exceptionally well this year, and has gotten progressively better each game. We’ve won 5 straight and rather handedly over Splendora last week. I’m not going to lie and say I know much about how good or bad Vidor is this year, but on my biased paper Livingston is looking like the better pick in the jungle. 
in response to a couple of posts earlier in this forum:

Livingston should be 6-1 and lost last second to Needville.
Our QB has lived in Livingston his entire life. I’ve known him and his family since he was young. 
Y’all can dog Livingston all you want, because we haven’t been good in a decade- I think we’ve only had one season of .500 ball in the last 10 years, but give this group the credit they’re due. Moving down divisions and playing in a weak district helps, but to take the steps to overturn a tradition of lack luster football that this group has is difficult and rewarding for them to be a part of and enjoy. 

Yes, I agree these players have worked hard.  The Quarterback is a great kid, I've known is family the 20 yrs that I have lived in livingston.  I think he may be even better at baseball!  

1 hour ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Secondary play will be crucial this game. Livingstons is going to try to run around #55 so secondary must help out in run support. I could see the QB rolling out and having the option to run because our CB has to respect the pass. A spy will be needed at all times

He’s not good at passing under pressure from what I saw. If you can get some pass rush on him and contain his scrambling for positive yards, then you will be much better off. 

On 10/20/2020 at 10:02 AM, Hagar said:

Any of you Lion fans make the Orangefield game?   Just curious how OF was able to play y’all so close.   Injuries?   Just an off night?   I could see y’all beating them 2 or 3 TD’s.

I was there. We turned the ball over a few times. The most frustrating was an interception in the end zone where our receiver quit running the route. Had that not happened, Livingston goes up by 21 and the game is basically a wrap. Orangefield also recovered an inside kick that led to their last drive.

It was a sloppy game. It shouldn't have been close. Hats off to the Bobcats for fighting back. I think that was their first game of the season and they were still dealing with Laura.

I will always wonder what would have happened if they had played for OT instead of the win? The Bobcats had the ball for 20 of the 24 minutes in the second half and our defense was gassed. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Btw, the LISD site has a posting on wearing mask at the games, so Pirate fans going to the game, take a mask just in case the “mask Police” are at the game.

They do have the mask police. I kept a handful of peanuts in my hand when they came by. We were 20’ from anyone, so no reason to wear one, but always put one on going through the gate or to the restrooms. They left me alone finally cuz I was eating or drinking during their raids in the stands. 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

They do have the mask police. I kept a handful of peanuts in my hand did when they came by. We were 20’ from anyone, so no reason to wear one, but always put one on going through the gate or to the restrooms. They left me alone finally cuz I was eating or drinking during there raids in the stands. 

I did the same thing last week, but I was chewing sunflower seeds in the stands so they didn't bother with me. lol

21 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I was there. We turned the ball over a few times. The most frustrating was an interception in the end zone where our receiver quit running the route. Had that not happened, Livingston goes up by 21 and the game is basically a wrap. Orangefield also recovered an inside kick that led to their last drive.

It was a sloppy game. It shouldn't have been close. Hats off to the Bobcats for fighting back. I think that was their first game of the season and they were still dealing with Laura.

I will always wonder what would have happened if they had played for OT instead of the win? The Bobcats had the ball for 20 of the 24 minutes in the second half and our defense was gassed. 

Vidor did a similar thing against Splendora.   Figured it was something like that.  It happens.

1 hour ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Livingstons not gonna let Vidor score 14. They just don't have the speed but they may get 7 in garbage time.

35 - 7 Livingston

Lmbo, and I thought I was the worst prognosticator on the Forum.  You now hold that coveted title PA.  
Then there’s my old buddy Reagan picking Liv by 14.  Many of you may not know but Reagan recently fell and got a serious concussion while putting up a Biden for President sign.  I love the guy but currently he isn’t mentally stable.  😂😂🤣😂😂

13 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lmbo, and I thought I was the worst prognosticator on the Forum.  You now hold that coveted title PA.  
Then there’s my old buddy Reagan picking Liv by 14.  Many of you may not know but Reagan recently fell and got a serious concussion while putting up a Biden for President sign.  I love the guy but currently he isn’t mentally stable.  😂😂🤣😂😂

I'm pretty sure he said Sleepy Joe Biden by as much as he wants!