Vidor @ Livingston

piratevillain

5 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

It seems more and more like Texanlive.com isn't really needed with all these school districts filming their own games. I'd rather watch with out the commentary anyways.

I like to use it to go back and watch old games. I don’t know if you can do that with the school film but they haven’t done the last 2 games. I thought it said they were doing all of Vidor’s games when I signed up for it. Now I kinda feel like I’m wasting 10 bucks a month on it.

I don’t post often but want to throw in my two cents. Livingston has performed exceptionally well this year, and has gotten progressively better each game. We’ve won 5 straight and rather handedly over Splendora last week. I’m not going to lie and say I know much about how good or bad Vidor is this year, but on my biased paper Livingston is looking like the better pick in the jungle. 
in response to a couple of posts earlier in this forum:

Livingston should be 6-1 and lost last second to Needville.
Our QB has lived in Livingston his entire life. I’ve known him and his family since he was young. 
Y’all can dog Livingston all you want, because we haven’t been good in a decade- I think we’ve only had one season of .500 ball in the last 10 years, but give this group the credit they’re due. Moving down divisions and playing in a weak district helps, but to take the steps to overturn a tradition of lack luster football that this group has is difficult and rewarding for them to be a part of and enjoy. 

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I like to use it to go back and watch old games. I don’t know if you can do that with the school film but they haven’t done the last 2 games. I thought it said they were doing all of Vidor’s games when I signed up for it. Now I kinda feel like I’m wasting 10 bucks a month on it.

Yep

1 hour ago, LionBacker99 said:

I don’t post often but want to throw in my two cents. Livingston has performed exceptionally well this year, and has gotten progressively better each game. We’ve won 5 straight and rather handedly over Splendora last week. I’m not going to lie and say I know much about how good or bad Vidor is this year, but on my biased paper Livingston is looking like the better pick in the jungle. 

Our QB has lived in Livingston his entire life. I’ve known him and his family since he was young. 
Y’all can dog Livingston all you want, because we haven’t been good in a decade- I think we’ve only had one season of .500 ball in the last 10 years, but give this group the credit they’re due. Moving down divisions and playing in a weak district helps, but to take the steps to overturn a tradition of lack luster football that this group has is difficult and rewarding for them to be a part of and enjoy. 

Believe me we know all about not having good seasons. We’ve had our fair share and then some in 5A. Happy you guys are having some success this year but after watching some film on you guys I believe Vidor is going to give you guys fits on the offensive side and defensive side of the ball. It should be a good game but I believe Vidor is going to win this game. Of course I am a little bias. I for one have never said Vidor was going to dominate this district but I did believe Vidor would make some noise. If they stay healthy they should finish strong.

I like our chances against Livingston... I truly feel the defensive line should dominate the line of scrimmage, as well as our offensive line as long as we can limit penalties with the illegal procedures and fumbles. My main concern is the secondary and how they cover the Lion received especially against the screens, and possibly deep ball. Coach Mathews will have them ready and put these kids in a position to win the ball game and I don't see him being outcoached in this game. But we'll see Friday night.

8 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Throwback Video

Nice my profile pic is in that video, I was at that game. Chevoski Collins thought he was all that with his scholarship to UT but the Pirates showed him how we do it. Quirante and those little beastly running backs were hard to stop. Jon Boy Smith at TE that was a good team and also you see #28 Matt Thomas playing defense. I believe he died a few weeks after that game, they dedicated the season to him and had a nice little playoff run.

16 hours ago, LionBacker99 said:

No doubt Livingston is the biggest surprise of the year, at least in this area.   Regardless of winning or losing the Vidor game, they’ll be playoff bound.   Big congrats to the team and fans.

Just now, Hagar said:

Any of you Lion fans make the Orangefield game?   Just curious how OF was able to play y’all so close.   Injuries?   Just an off night?   I could see y’all beating them 2 or 3 TD’s.

I agree. Poor offensive play calling. If they had their play calling sewn up, they would be even better. 

I got to tell you! Reading these discussions everyday is one of the highlights of my day! Now that sad fact aside. I am taking Vidor in this one just as I said earlier in the week 26-21. We miss two extra points and still win. Just like Nostradamus and most of these far-fetched predictions I made this scenario up totally in my head!

I don't like making score predictions for my own teams for some odd reason like it's a bad omen...lol but I feel that if the Pirates can move the ball, limit mistakes and turnovers, this is their game to win. The defense will hold its own barring injuries coming into the game. But I like our chances even though Livingston is gonna come in with a target on our back and they aren't gonna back down.

54 minutes ago, Self High 5 said:

I got to tell you! Reading these discussions everyday is one of the highlights of my day! Now that sad fact aside. I am taking Vidor in this one just as I said earlier in the week 26-21. We miss two extra points and still win. Just like Nostradamus and most of these far-fetched predictions I made this scenario up totally in my head!

I’m thankful to the Vidor fans for coming out strong this season to support our Seniors. Even if it is only on the board here, it’s my last to be heavily involved. We won’t be nearly as invested next year but I will always follow the Pirates. I was coached by Jeff Mathews in his first year as head coach and now he leads my son’s last season. I still think Vidor will win this game and finish the season strong. We had a huge letdown against Splendora that never should have happened but I think you will see something special build for us the rest of the way. I believe in these boys, they are some of the best. 28-14 Vidor

8 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I’m thankful to the Vidor fans for coming out for this season to support our Seniors. Even if it is only on the board here, it’s my last to be heavily involved. We won’t be nearly as invested next year but I will always follow the Pirates. I was coached by Jeff Mathews in his first year and now he coaches my son. I still think Vidor will win this game and finish the season strong. We had a huge letdown against Splendora that never should have happened but I think you will see something special build for us the rest of the way. I believe in these boys, they are some of the best. 28-14 Vidor

I love my Pirates regardless of their win-loss record!

5 minutes ago, Self High 5 said:

I graduated in 99 and remember the bad teams. He has put his heart and soul in to this program and these kids.

Oh cool I was CO2K, that 99 team would have been good but they had a stud running back named David Bossa who missed most of the season with an arm infection. He balled out for the first few games then came back in the final game and tore it up again.

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Oh cool I was CO2K, that 99 team would have been good but they had stud running back named David Bossa who missed most of the season with an arm infection. He balled out for the first few games then came back in the final game and tore it up again.

Yep I graduated with him