Silsbee 51 Bridge City 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

21 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I saw a pass from 6 yards away wide open that was one hopped. Im sure he is an awesome kid, but without Silsbee throwing the deep ball (No CARTWRIGHT, Turk, or MARTIN) that bootleg for 5 yard to Kelly is all we have. IMO, I would have some shuffle passes to Baltrip, Some 6 or 7 yard passss on comeback routes while rolling him.out the pocket. If Silsbee can pass for 150 yards a game, they will be dangerous the way Arline is running and Jones. 

I do think that there is no creativity whatsoever to the Silsbee passing game.  No great routs are drawn up.  If there’s anything remotely bad to say about the Silsbee offensive coaching, that would be it.

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

All I know is when the other starting WB was benched and Foster was brought in as a Sophmore, that’s when Silsbee football took off eventually en route to the State Simis...

If you remember, the player they were trying to play QB was the RB Taylor, who didn't want to play the position. The Johnson kid quit the team to play baseball. Foster was basically what was left.

He did ok but was not the leader of the team.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If you remember, the player they were trying to play QB was the RB Taylor, who didn't want to play the position. The Johnson kid quit the team to play baseball. Foster was basically what was left.

That Johnson kid had horrible games before quitting.  When Taylor was placed at QB, Foster the previous game did something silly and was moved down to JV.  Once he redeemed himself, they moved him back to varsity. 

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Agree!! The leads were Taylor and Martin IMO. They played with alot of emotion on both sides of the ball. 

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That Johnson kid had horrible games before quitting.  When Taylor was placed at QB, Foster the previous game did something silly and was moved down to JV.  Once he redeemed himself, they moved him back to varsity. 

You need to stop

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I disagree with the "leading" part.

If you were to see his career stats and the game film that I have seen, I think you would understand some of the fans disappointment in the QB play the last 3 years.

Foster is the safe play right now.

Thats what I say too.

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You don’t even know what was happening. You need to stop

21 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You don’t even know what was happening. You need to stop

I went to every game that year and I know what I saw and then I saw the personnel changes, then I saw the product of those personnel changes.  After that, I seen Silsbee real off something like a 10-1 record and reach the State simis.  I’ll say that things happened for a reason.  Had the change and personnel had not occurred, .....  🤷🏾‍♂️

17 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So, what was happening?

Contrary to what’s being led to believe, the results were not what was expected out of a projected starter.  Everyone seen it.  I won’t go into the stat line for those games, but like I said, the change was made and the team suddenly became a state contender...