East Chambers 42 Buna 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

THIS!!!

All the troubles that was going on at BISD at the time, I would not blame any parent for moving out to another school district. Particularly East Chambers. EC is an awesome school district.

But, in the cases that I suspect some of you are talking about, it was family moves that brought them to EC, not athletics.

BTW, I believe BISD has their act together now (or at least better than it was).

East Chambers is a great school, not just academics but athletics as well. For a small school they compete at at high level in any extra curricular activities 

On 10/18/2020 at 8:40 AM, SeTX_PLMR said:

So your telling me you don't think he'd start for Central or Ozen before the merge? 

He did the same thing from lil league up. He would have been the starter at Central. They moved because it was a better environment (for older brother).

7 hours ago, CCRanch said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I just think the schools should have to play with the kids that grew up in the community instead of kids moving in just to play sports.

There are too many situations where people relocate due to jobs, educational opportunities, divorce, etc.. you can’t punish kids with legitimate transfer reasons due to a few.

I see nothing wrong with kids wanting to play wherever they want to play.  I've always hated the UIL rule forcing kids to reside in the school district in order to participate in extracurricular activities.  Let them go where they want to go.

1 hour ago, mrtomcat said:

I see nothing wrong with kids wanting to play wherever they want to play.  I've always hated the UIL rule forcing kids to reside in the school district in order to participate in extracurricular activities.  Let them go where they want to go.

I think they should reside in the district in which they participate, I just don’t think you have to be born and raised there like @CCRanch was stating. My dad was in the military. We moved every 2 or 3 years. Circumstances of life don’t necessarily mean you were “recruited”. This is America (for now) lol. People have a right to live where they want.

3 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Kids can play wherever they want to play.  Also, they aren't forced to reside anywhere.  Just no that if a kid doesn't reside in the district after moving, then they'll have to wait a calendar year to play where they want.

It's been debated several times on here, but that rule is the only viable option to ensure that UIL sports doesn't turn into one big recruit fest.  At least.. not openly. 

14 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Kids can play wherever they want to play.  Also, they aren't forced to reside anywhere.  Just no that if a kid doesn't reside in the district after moving, then they'll have to wait a calendar year to play where they want.

It's been debated several times on here, but that rule is the only viable option to ensure that UIL sports doesn't turn into one big recruit fest.  At least.. not openly. 

Not always...

47 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Not always...

You mean other than with their parent/guardian?  Or in the case of a child possibly without one?

I mean that if an athlete chooses to go to a school outside of the district in which they reside, have a caregiver that is ok with it, and have a means of getting to/from said school, the UIL is NOT going to force that child to stay at the school that they live within the district boundaries.  

30 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

You mean other than with their parent/guardian?  Or in the case of a child possibly without one?

I mean that if an athlete chooses to go to a school outside of the district in which they reside, have a caregiver that is ok with it, and have a means of getting to/from said school, the UIL is NOT going to force that child to stay at the school that they live within the district boundaries.  

It’s up to the school district. Some require you to reside in the district in which you attend school, while others do not. That ruling is enforced by the TEA and other governing bodies; therefore, my “Not always...” comment is correct. 

From the TEA website:

Can my child attend school in District A, even though we live in District B? 

Generally, a child must attend the school district in which he or she resides. School districts can make transfer agreements to accept each others' students. Transfer arrangements may also result from wealth-sharing arrangements under Chapter 41 of the Texas Education Code. For more information, contact your school district or the TEA Division of State Funding at (512) 463-9238.

Some campuses won’t allow it while others will. It’s their choice. 

If it’s just Caesar and his siblings that happened to move to Winnie a couple years back then it’s not a big deal in my opinion. If EC or any public school started having multiple kids that happen to be good athletes transfer each year or every other year then I’d probably have a problem with that. 

2 hours ago, Setx fan said:

If it’s just Caesar and his siblings that happened to move to Winnie a couple years back then it’s not a big deal in my opinion. If EC or any public school started having multiple kids that happen to be good athletes transfer each year or every other year then I’d probably have a problem with that. 

6-7 new that wasn’t rostered last year 

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Incorrect.

I know for a fact that EC has only 1 player that moved from Beaumont to Winnie this past spring that is playing for EC. That came straight from the top.

Need to get your facts straight.

Like he’s going to tell you the truth, this is coming from people who are in the program 

19 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

That's exactly my issue.   Who cares who recruits who and where they go and why they go there.  What's the problem with it ?  I see no issue with it at all.