HD vs Evadale

H-D BOBCAT 55

On 10/17/2020 at 10:17 AM, bd04 said:

I disagree with your nephew. 😬

Evadale had two chances to score in the last two minutes of the first half and were stopped both times by HD defense. 

HD is not down this year. They are a young team that is better than it’s been in at least 4 years. They’ll be district champs next year if they can keep this team together. Their main RB didn’t play until 2nd half or score would have been higher. 

I can really see HD winning a first round playoff game this year. While it may not be much to a lot of teams, it would be huge for this team going into the offseason. 

Good luck to Evadale on the rest of season 

We had 10 fumbles from the snap alone and came out the worst we have all year y’all also had 2 chances to score at halftime but we’re stopped by Evadales defense that game should’ve been won by Evadale but the running back that would’ve had a lot more scores only scored one touchdown in the whole second half so elaborate on how averaging 1 touchdown while Evadale is tired and he is fresh he would’ve scored more on them?

8 minutes ago, Sportstalker said:

We had 10 fumbles from the snap alone and came out the worst we have all year y’all also had 2 chances to score at halftime but we’re stopped by Evadales defense that game should’ve been won by Evadale but the running back that would’ve had a lot more scores only scored one touchdown in the whole second half so elaborate on how averaging 1 touchdown while Evadale is tired and he is fresh he would’ve scored more on them?

Dude, y'all did have center to QB snap issues, but y'all recovered the ball 3 of the 4 times it happened, wasn't 10 lol. HD should have won 36-0, the two TD's y'all had occurred on trick plays lol. HD took the pedal off the gas in the 4th quarter, neither of the two stud HD tailbacks got the ball, HD ran dive plays the whole 4th quarter with the FB. 

On 10/17/2020 at 8:46 AM, NetCat said:

My nephew went to the game, said both teams are down this year. He told me the Rebels had at least 10 turnovers and they still should've won the game. One completely blown coverage and a reverse that the D-End bit on was the difference in the game. The Rebels are also missing kids because of COVID protocols and haven't played in 2 weeks. 

And if that's all true, both teams are really down this year. 

Congrats on the win HD, but after the performance last night, I think both teams might need to worry about Burkeville. 

I’m not sure how many of the Evadale kids were out due to covid protocols but the rest of this post is completely off. First it wasn’t a blown coverage, it was Victorian outrunning the free safety in one on one coverage. The touchdown Broussard had was on a jet sweep where he made about 6 kids miss. They had outside contain but he cut back and made a play and outran everyone. Both plays are on HD’s max preps page if you’d like to watch them. Evadale scored a 90 yard TD on some crazy Statue of Liberty type play on 3rd and 23. If Broussard would have been at safety that wouldn’t have gone for a score I’m almost certain. Once Broussard was in on defense, Evadale really couldn’t move the ball, especially through the air. As far as the turnovers, Evadale did have several QB to center exchange issues but they recovered 3 or 4 of them and HD recovered one. The other two fumbles were on a QB strip sack and when the QB was scrambling around late and was stripped again. Victorian had two interceptions and both were just great plays by a kid in position to make a play. HD had two or three fumbles that the Rebels recovered as well. 

And Broussard had 4 carries on the night and one was when he took off from punter position and came up a yard short. His last carry in the 3rd quarter was the 81 yard TD. HD ran full back dive and QB sneak all three possessions they had in the 4th quarter until victory formation for the last couple plays. If I’m being realistic it probably would have been 32 - 12 HD at a minimum. If Broussard isn’t serving a first half suspension due to last week’s ejection and they don’t kill the clock for 12 min, realistically it’s more like 42-8. That’s taking the long fluke score away and giving HD one more score like he did in the 3rd being out there. Evadale was shutout in the second half and didn’t really come close to scoring despite some great field position. HD didn’t really play very good (played much better against DV) and it really still wasn’t that close. 

Maybe your nephew is a big Rebel fan because it doesn’t seem like a very unbiased review he passed on to you. 

3 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

I’m not sure how many of the Evadale kids were out due to covid protocols but the rest of this post is completely off. First it wasn’t a blown coverage, it was Victorian outrunning the free safety in one on one coverage. The touchdown Broussard had was on a jet sweep where he made about 6 kids miss. They had outside contain but he cut back and made a play and outran everyone. Both plays are on HD’s max preps page if you’d like to watch them. Evadale scored a 90 yard TD on some crazy Statue of Liberty type play on 3rd and 23. If Broussard would have been at safety that wouldn’t have gone for a score I’m almost certain. Once Broussard was in on defense, Evadale really couldn’t move the ball, especially through the air. As far as the turnovers, Evadale did have several QB to center exchange issues but they recovered 3 or 4 of them and HD recovered one. The other two fumbles were on a QB strip sack and when the QB was scrambling around late and was stripped again. Victorian had two interceptions and both were just great plays by a kid in position to make a play. HD had two or three fumbles that the Rebels recovered as well. 

And Broussard had 4 carries on the night and one was when he took off from punter position and came up a yard short. His last carry in the 3rd quarter was the 81 yard TD. HD ran full back dive and QB sneak all three possessions they had in the 4th quarter until victory formation for the last couple plays. If I’m being realistic it probably would have been 32 - 12 HD at a minimum. If Broussard isn’t serving a first half suspension due to last week’s ejection and they don’t kill the clock for 12 min, realistically it’s more like 42-8. That’s taking the long fluke score away and giving HD one more score like he did in the 3rd being out there. Evadale was shutout in the second half and didn’t really come close to scoring despite some great field position. HD didn’t really play very good (played much better against DV) and it really still wasn’t that close. 

Maybe your nephew is a big Rebel fan because it doesn’t seem like a very unbiased review he passed on to you. 

You're a little delusional 

3 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

Just admit you barely won because Hull just isn't that good.

Biden 2020

4 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

You are in a dream world my friend. Did you forget the fumble inside the 5 late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.  Just look at the stats I think y’all had less than 10 yards more offense and nowhere near the fumbles Evadale had. Not to mention first time that kid at qb had ever taken a snap. I saw no big standouts on that team whatsoever. That one kid that returned the 2nd half was ok but you take away that long run and he really had nothing. Not impressed at all 12 fumbles with 4 lost and 2 jacked up interceptions. It should have been a blowout if you had some big play makers. Evadale o-line blew y’all’s d-line off the ball all night we just couldn’t get a snap they were drive killers. There were people I knew that just came to watch that didn’t have a dog in the fight and said Evadale should have won that game 17. I think you been drinking too much corona with lime!

25 minutes ago, football2010 said:

You are in a dream world my friend. Did you forget the fumble inside the 5 late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.  Just look at the stats I think y’all had less than 10 yards more offense and nowhere near the fumbles Evadale had. Not to mention first time that kid at qb had ever taken a snap. I saw no big standouts on that team whatsoever. That one kid that returned the 2nd half was ok but you take away that long run and he really had nothing. Not impressed at all 12 fumbles with 4 lost and 2 jacked up interceptions. It should have been a blowout if you had some big play makers. Evadale o-line blew y’all’s d-line off the ball all night we just couldn’t get a snap they were drive killers. There were people I knew that just came to watch that didn’t have a dog in the fight and said Evadale should have won that game 17. I think you been drinking too much corona with lime!

I’m not forgetting the fumble y’all had at the 5..... after y’all recovered an unforced error fumble we had at our own 26. So y’all drove a little over 20 yards to be in that position. Evadale lost 3 fumbles and like I said, two of them were forced fumbles, one on a strip sack and one when the QB was running for his life in the early 4th quarter. I saw An unofficial final yardage total of 123 yards for Evadale.... and pretty sure 90 came on one play. I’m not sure if that was legitimate but the Rebels didn’t do anything in the second half. HD dominated 90% of the game. And the 2 jacked up interceptions were great plays made by a freshman. Luckily for the Rebs he couldn’t tip toe the sidelines or he would have taken that one to the house. And I guess he’s one of those unimpressive players since he only caught one 50 yard TD, only had 2 interceptions and only ran over 2 Rebels on the first TD run he had. Or maybe it was Aguirre who had 3 sacks, 7 tackles for loss and 100+ yards rushing. It was probably Broussard who finished with only 96 yards rushing.... on 4 carries in the second half. The line was controlled by Evadale, I’ll give them that. Just like DV did. The only difference was DV has a couple pretty good backs that took advantage of that and they dominated time of possession. I spoke to a couple ppl with no dog in the fight as well that see it the same as me. The score could have and should have been much worse. And for anyone to say Evadale should have won that game.... they’ve been sniffing the paper mill fumes wayyyy too long. Rival game or not, Deweyville is going to destroy Evadale and it’ll be over by halftime if they don’t make boneheaded plays and mistakes. 

I disagree...HD's #23 and #3 were dominant forces in that game, on both sides of the ball. HD again, had a ton of penalty yardage (#23 had a 46 yd TD called back for a hold on the opposite side of the field) and mistakes. Several Evadale drives continued due to these. #23 also had several batted passes, QB sacks and tackles. Yes, Evadale controlled the line of scrimmage in the first half but it seemed they ran out of gas in the second. HD played DV a much better game, but they have to overcome their penalties, and that's hard to do, at any level. #23's hard running iced the 4th Qtr and ate the clock, 5&6 yds. at a time. I understand that "The 'Dale" was without their QB and I understand that, but this was a loss...no matter how you look at it.

12 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

Unfortunately that’ll be Burkville..... unless they beat Evadale which is a possibility 

I have a coaching friend that told me Burkeville just got three out of district transfers eligible to play through UIL.  From Newton or Jasper or something.. Apparently UIL is being extra lenient because of COVID.

Might shake things up.

16 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I have a coaching friend that told me Burkeville just got three out of district transfers eligible to play through UIL.  From Newton or Jasper or something.. Apparently UIL is being extra lenient because of COVID.

Might shake things up.

I heard the same thing. 

I’m not forgetting the fumble y’all had at the 5..... after y’all recovered an unforced error fumble we had at our own 26. So y’all drove a little over 20 yards to be in that position. Evadale lost 3 fumbles and like I said, two of them were forced fumbles, one on a strip sack and one when the QB was running for his life in the early 4th quarter. I saw An unofficial final yardage total of 123 yards for Evadale.... and pretty sure 90 came on one play. I’m not sure if that was legitimate but the Rebels didn’t do anything in the second half. HD dominated 90% of the game. And the 2 jacked up interceptions were great plays made by a freshman. Luckily for the Rebs he couldn’t tip toe the sidelines or he would have taken that one to the house. And I guess he’s one of those unimpressive players since he only caught one 50 yard TD, only had 2 interceptions and only ran over 2 Rebels on the first TD run he had. Or maybe it was Aguirre who had 3 sacks, 7 tackles for loss and 100+ yards rushing. It was probably Broussard who finished with only 96 yards rushing.... on 4 carries in the second half. The line was controlled by Evadale, I’ll give them that. Just like DV did. The only difference was DV has a couple pretty good backs that took advantage of that and they dominated time of possession. I spoke to a couple ppl with no dog in the fight as well that see it the same as me. The score could have and should have been much worse. And for anyone to say Evadale should have won that game.... they’ve been sniffing the paper mill fumes wayyyy too long. Rival game or not, Deweyville is going to destroy Evadale and it’ll be over by halftime if they don’t make boneheaded plays and mistakes. 

You said that Eva dale would be out of the hull game too you’re really ignorant,everyone that watched the game knows evadale should’ve won but when we beat Deweyville by 13 this Friday we’ll be district champs

13 hours ago, football2010 said:

Evadale had one good athlete #7, they are terrible overall lol. Even Jolly Roger admitted it. HD played terrible. Should have been 36-0 HD. #3, #2 and #23 for HD are studs. You Evasmell guys are funny. 

Amen on everything except the Evasmell vs DV game, this will be a heated rivalry played in Evasmell, one team wins by 6.

44 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Might shake things up.

Naw, HD is loaded, no penalties, it's 50-6 HD. 

18 minutes ago, Sportstalker said:

You said that Eva dale would be out of the hull game too you’re really ignorant,everyone that watched the game knows evadale should’ve won but when we beat Deweyville by 13 this Friday we’ll be district champs

Lmao i dont Know anyone not from evadale (and most of their folks too) that thought Evadale should have won that game. It was a pure fluke that it was so close. If Evadale and HD played 10 times this year, HD wins 10 of them. No questions asked. And the Rebels will not beat DV, much less by 13. #1 thru #3 seed in our district doesn’t really matter. LL, WS, and Cushing will all be favored vs D12.  And whoever gets the #4 seed is in a world of hurt playing Tenaha. There’s a good chance Cushing beats Lovelady to create a three way tie for 2nd in district 11. That will not happen in our district. DV rolls HD is gonna focus on BV since they may have some new weapons that make them better. Evadale should do the same after they take their spanking from the Pirates. 

Have da Evasmell mafia learned to bottle up and drank da smell! Dem folks are full of papermill malarkey! HD coaches still haven't put it all together, imagine is Barbay, Copeland or Finney had all this young talent. HD is winning on talent alone for now, da offense has no complexity at all, no misdirection, no counters and definitely no trick plays, no deep passes most of the time, very basic. Broussard, Victorian and Aguirre are top dawgs! HD and these underclassman may just win a playoff game way before they are suppose to, if da coaches wake up.    

58 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Might shake things up.

A couple kids at this level can definitely make a difference. I know HD won’t be taking BV lightly, especially if they have some new transfers. 

24 minutes ago, Sportstalker said:

And don’t reply until you get out of 3rd period Art class. Don’t need to lose any members of the Rebel marching band due to grades....

56 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Loaded? Now see.. it’s statements like that one that get you ridiculed. Relax.  I didn’t say HD would lose.  Just implied that it might make things interesting.  One time over at Burkeville when they got a few transfers they won it all.  I applaud your devotion, but no team in the district is loaded.  If you think that then you don’t know what loaded means.

1 hour ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Listen to this nonsense coming from a guy that has burned his bridge with every coach that’s ever come through HD because he can’t keep his mouth shut. You’d think he’d find a college or pro team to root for by now.