Mid-County Madness 2020

Rez Ipsa

On 10/19/2020 at 2:41 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

PNG has been in every single game. The more I think about it, Nederland is the untested one -- the Bulldogs have played a struggling Lufkin team (Nederland is their sole win) and a horrible Jacksonville team. PNG is the one coming into this game having proved it can play in tough situations -- One fumble away from beating PAM, one pass break up away from beating Tomball. Beaumont United is also showing itself not be a scrub. If Nederland comes in cocky they are in for a wake up call, because PNG is battle tested, and Nederland is barely tested at all. 

Hold on did Al Pacino just show up in this thread? Yep found it... I knew I heard this quote before without team names in it 😂
You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!

13 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I am not sure if this helps with Texan Live but....

I have watch some games on my iPhone. It is very spotty or does not work at all when I use Apple Safari browser. I switched to the Google Chrome browser on my iPhone and haven’t had any problems since. It always works and I can switch back and forth between games or watch a game replay the next day. 

I do not know if this will work for anyone else but changing my browser to google completely changed my ability to watch TL. Maybe some other browsers might work better or worse but it might be worth trying.

Google Chrome is perfect, just gotta make sure they don't sneak an update to it on ya. 

4 hours ago, D.C.BULLDOGS said:

Hold on did Al Pacino just show up in this thread? Yep found it... I knew I heard this quote before without team names in it 😂
You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!

That's a good quote. I think I've miscommunicated my point: I didn't say PNG got any moral victory out of its loss. My point is that when we try to evaluate the strength of a team, the WAY a team loses can be indicative of future wins. For example: Nederland has often started out the season 0-3, only to go on to go undefeated in district. Their losses were still losses, but they don't tell the whole story. Nederland was playing good competition and at a point in its timeline where the X's and O's weren't working right, but used that to put things together down the stretch. See also: Silsbee the last two years. So while football wins are determined based on inches, per Mr. Pacino, I'd argue that PREDICTING future wins is based on a whole lot more. 

On 10/19/2020 at 2:41 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

PNG has been in every single game. The more I think about it, Nederland is the untested one -- the Bulldogs have played a struggling Lufkin team (Nederland is their sole win) and a horrible Jacksonville team. PNG is the one coming into this game having proved it can play in tough situations -- One fumble away from beating PAM, one pass break up away from beating Tomball. Beaumont United is also showing itself not be a scrub. If Nederland comes in cocky they are in for a wake up call, because PNG is battle tested, and Nederland is barely tested at all. 

Jacksonville is awful and won't win a game this year I'll give you that. Lufkin is a better team than people think.

16 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

That's a good quote. I think I've miscommunicated my point: I didn't say PNG got any moral victory out of its loss. My point is that when we try to evaluate the strength of a team, the WAY a team loses can be indicative of future wins. For example: Nederland has often started out the season 0-3, only to go on to go undefeated in district. Their losses were still losses, but they don't tell the whole story. Nederland was playing good competition and at a point in its timeline where the X's and O's weren't working right, but used that to put things together down the stretch. See also: Silsbee the last two years. So while football wins are determined based on inches, per Mr. Pacino, I'd argue that PREDICTING future wins is based on a whole lot more. 

IMHO Lufkin would smoke PNG.