Mid-County Madness 2020

Rez Ipsa

Nederland's D is legit.  Bost is a very good passer and a decent runner. His receivers are suspect.  I saw Bost's 1st 3 balls bounce off his receivers facemasks last friday.  He is fast but goes down fairly easy.  

Port Neches cannot handle a running Q as dynamic as Nederlands and the RB is outstanding.  

Big Ned No problem 45-30

17 hours ago, glassjoe said:

Nederland's D is legit.  Bost is a very good passer and a decent runner. His receivers are suspect.  I saw Bost's 1st 3 balls bounce off his receivers facemasks last friday.  He is fast but goes down fairly easy.  

Port Neches cannot handle a running Q as dynamic as Nederlands and the RB is outstanding.  

Big Ned No problem 45-30

Are you saying their QB is on the same level running as the QB's from PAM and BU? 

The Q, the RB and even their H back #9 are all extremely dangerous.  There is no arm tackling that big dude and when a linebacker actually gets in his way the kid dishes out pancakes with or without the ball.  

I feel like this could be a long night for the Indians. And I am a big Bost fan.  I just cannot see him being able to outscore Nederland this season.  Big Ned has a big physical Defense like most Nederland teams in the past. This year they happen to have some horses and physical players on Offense to go with it.   

good luck to both teams. Always an exciting fun game to attend.  

19 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

The Q, the RB and even their H back #9 are all extremely dangerous.  There is no arm tackling that big dude and when a linebacker actually gets in his way the kid dishes out pancakes with or without the ball.  

I feel like this could be a long night for the Indians. And I am a big Bost fan.  I just cannot see him being able to outscore Nederland this season.  Big Ned has a big physical Defense like most Nederland teams in the past. This year they happen to have some horses and physical players on Offense to go with it.   

good luck to both teams. Always an exciting fun game to attend.  

glassjoe,who spiked your kool-aid,ndns are state ranked,leggit power house every yr,just asked the purple nation,dogs dont have a chance!!!!

1 hour ago, chorizo said:

glassjoe,who spiked your kool-aid,ndns are state ranked,leggit power house every yr,just asked the purple nation,dogs dont have a chance!!!!

I know you are a Nederland guy from past posts. But I can't tell if you think the dogs are getting beat or if you are just messing with the purple nation for their sometimes less than modest, often loud confidence in everything purple.  I have to side with glassjoe on this game.  PNG still forgets to play Defense.  The secondary looks pretty solid.  Too bad for them the dogs don't really throw much.  Nederland has a solid backfield.   

8 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

I know you are a Nederland guy from past posts. But I can't tell if you think the dogs are getting beat or if you are just messing with the purple nation for their sometimes less than modest, often loud confidence in everything purple.  I have to side with glassjoe on this game.  PNG still forgets to play Defense.  The secondary looks pretty solid.  Too bad for them the dogs don't really throw much.  Nederland has a solid backfield.   

im just picking with a friend on post,i havent seen png play yet only reading things and hearing ppl talk so i cant really call it yet but i do think the dogs can beat em from what i do know.but again it is the madness 2020 so who knows, but after last  4 years of my boys playing,im just a guy now that likes to watch good games again 

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Athletically, I’d so no.  Sanders and Thomas have some wheels with RB instincts.  

Oh I agree, those kids are incredible athletes.  Cunningham just happens to match up very well with them.  He is one of the best athletes I have seen in Nederland.  Stud in Track, Football, and Baseball.  His speed is about as good as it gets in HS football. 

1 hour ago, glassjoe said:

their H back #9 are all extremely dangerous.  There is no arm tackling that big dude and when a linebacker actually gets in his way the kid dishes out pancakes with or without the ball.  

That kid is big. About 215lbs from what I’ve been told. He doesn’t get the ball much but when he does...wow. You better come with some thunder because he will lay you out

47 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

We have to at least hit 3 pages before the real week begins.  Usually have more PNG smack talkers on this one year to year.  They must be hiding from something. Covid or the Dawgs? 

No smack talking, because there is no way I can be at the game! And, no, watching on internet, or listening on radio is, in no way, the same thing.  PNG will execute offense, score points & compete, as usual.  Nederland will put up points, play defense & compete , as usual.  That is as excited as I can get without season ticket holder access to tickets.  This is the first MCM game I will have missed in 55 years.  The only guarantee I can make, on the outcome of this one,  is that my presence at the game will not be a factor.  May God bless both teams & keep everyone injury free!!!👍

46 minutes ago, png9mon said:

No smack talking, because there is no way I can be at the game! And, no, watching on internet, or listening on radio is, in no way, the same thing.  PNG will execute offense, score points & compete, as usual.  Nederland will put up points, play defense & compete , as usual.  That is as excited as I can get without season ticket holder access to tickets.  This is the first MCM game I will have missed in 55 years.  The only guarantee I can make, on the outcome of this one,  is that my presence at the game will not be a factor.  May God bless both teams & keep everyone injury free!!!👍

Well that is no fun at all.  This board misses your presence and I'm sure your seat mates at this game will surely miss you.   55 years is a lot of dedication to your home town.  True fans like you are hard to come by for most towns.  

Just now, BelichikYoSelf said:

Well that is no fun at all.  This board misses your presence and I'm sure your seat mates at this game will surely miss you.   55 years is a lot of dedication to your home town.  True fans like you are hard to come by for most towns.  

Much appreciated.  Once a True PNG Indian, Always a True PNG Indian. 

PNG has a Special Spirit, pass it on!!!

3 hours ago, png9mon said:

We need a decree similar to what was done at the indy 500 anyone who misses this year is allowed to keep any streaks intact

4 hours ago, Yeoj said:

So 42 isn't enough? Smh...

I'd only mention that Jacksonville made it really, really easy. Vidor might have a better throwing QB than Jacksonville, and that's saying something given how little gametime practice throwing he gets. But this thread isn't about Jacksonville, so I'll concede you're correct that Nederland beat the snot out of them. I think it means Nederland is a good team. Maybe not a great team, maybe not even that good of a team. PNG has had years and years of absolutely decimating weak teams (2014 comes to mind) with record-setting performances only to get a wake-up call against Nederland. I will say PNG has faced three weeks in a row of playing only bigger and faster competition (all either 5a2 or 6a) in close games with a lot of adversity (a lot of it self-inflicted). Nederland has had one tough game against a good team, and a tune up game against an awful team. In that way, PNG is "older" in the season, which may provide an advantage. The key will come down to the defenses. It isn't clear to me that we should say that Nederland definitely has a better defense than PNG -- Against their only good competition they gave up a whole bucket of points about as quickly as a team can give them up. So they may be in the same boat as PNG, defense-wise. It's looking like it will be another one-score game. Also, if ya'll see an adult-looking kid step in at QB or RB with a strong resemblance to Roschon Johnson, pay no attention. That's our new freshman, Joshcon Rohnson. Just moved in. 

Looking at the records there's not a Great team in this district.... I by no means think the Dogs are something special. However, after seeing them against a far more talented, and much bigger Lufkin squad I like what I see. Potential and heart. Something that's been a lil scarce the last couple years. We definitely have the waterbugs on offense to put up some points. The potential is there, lets see if we can put it all together and make it work.