Mid-County Madness 2020

Rez Ipsa

Both teams have shown signs of solid development. I'm more familiar with PNG's strengths and weaknesses. Nederland looks tall and fast. It's hard to gauge how good they really are from that Jacksonville performance - Jacksonville looked pretty terrible overall. PNG has only played teams from bigger schools, which I think should give them some really good experience heading into the game. PNG's problems dealing with a running QB are going to be tough to deal with. Nederland showed a lot of strength nearly coming back to win against Lufkin, and of course PNG has had to play from behind in every game. Nederland QB appears talented, competent, and not prone to mistakes. Nederland RB is fast and strong. PNG has probably the best QB in the area, and a stable of receivers with (mostly) good hands and smart route running. PNG also has two solid RBs. PNG has struggled on defense, but so did Nederland against Lufkin. PNG has played more games, and all three of the teams they played were tougher than Jacksonville. So PNG might have an experience edge, but with PNG's defensive problems that might not make much of a difference. For the first time in several years I genuinely think it's a 50-50 split. 

47 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Both teams have shown signs of solid development. I'm more familiar with PNG's strengths and weaknesses. Nederland looks tall and fast. It's hard to gauge how good they really are from that Jacksonville performance - Jacksonville looked pretty terrible overall. PNG has only played teams from bigger schools, which I think should give them some really good experience heading into the game. PNG's problems dealing with a running QB are going to be tough to deal with. Nederland showed a lot of strength nearly coming back to win against Lufkin, and of course PNG has had to play from behind in every game. Nederland QB appears talented, competent, and not prone to mistakes. Nederland RB is fast and strong. PNG has probably the best QB in the area, and a stable of receivers with (mostly) good hands and smart route running. PNG also has two solid RBs. PNG has struggled on defense, but so did Nederland against Lufkin. PNG has played more games, and all three of the teams they played were tougher than Jacksonville. So PNG might have an experience edge, but with PNG's defensive problems that might not make much of a difference. For the first time in several years I genuinely think it's a 50-50 split. 

I saw the game online ( Tomball).  There was other issues during that game that hurt as well, but I do have y’all beating Nederland by a score.  I seen them.  They have a mediocre RB but a REALLY good WR, #8 Fuselier.  I think y’all good for a couple of stops and Nederland has a tendency to not finish off drives.  

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I saw the game online ( Tomball).  There was other issues during that game that hurt as well, but I do have y’all beating Nederland by a score.  I seen them.  They have a mediocre RB but a REALLY good WR, #8 Fuselier.  I think y’all good for a couple of stops and Nederland has a tendency to not finish off drives.  

Last time I checked that Mazyck kid was pretty good 

On 10/11/2020 at 6:57 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I know you're not referring to the kid that ran over United a couple years ago as mediocre? That kid was a really nice RB. Wasn't he injured last season or did that kid graduate?