Hardin-Jefferson 35 Bridge City 34/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

I was on the sidelines for this up until the 7 minute mark of the 4th with BC up 34-21. Left to go catch the 2nd half of WO-S/Silsbee game. Never should have left.

Porter is a play maker for HJ. Impressive since he has not played football since the 8th grade.

I believe this is the most "basketball" players I have seen play football for HJ. Great to see.

BC looks very solid. Was a bit surprised they ended up losing this game. Cards pretty much controlled the entire game up until I left with 7 minutes left.

Both teams have good chances to make playoffs.

22 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was on the sidelines for this up until the 7 minute mark of the 4th with BC up 34-21. Left to go catch the 2nd half of WO-S/Silsbee game. Never should have left.

Porter is a play maker for HJ. Impressive since he has not played football since the 8th grade.

I believe this is the most "basketball" players I have seen play football for HJ. Great to see.

BC looks very solid. Was a bit surprised they ended up losing this game. Cards pretty much controlled the entire game up until I left with 7 minutes left.

Agreed.  BC definitely had this game in the bag.  HJ sure does have a lot of fight in them.

HJ mom here.  The HJ/BC game on Saturday night was awesome.  Our players were sleepers the first half, for sure.  The perseverance and athleticism, in addition to good coaching was exciting to watch.  I love all levels of football, starting on the founding board of the West Beaumont Bulldogs in the WBBIFL where my son started Flag, playing until he aged out.  Now he is in his Senior year at HJ as the Center and on the defensive line.  So we have attended many games through the years.  We attend NCAA games every year, bowl games, NFL games, etc.  I love the comaraderie, I even love the trash talk.  Our son called us from the HS after they cleaned up, when approaching his truck the windshield was obviously intentionally broken in 3 places - totaled.  The trucks and cars with HJ student parking permits parked at the field house were keyed from front to back, dented, etc.  We all had to go to HardinCo Sheriff Office and file police reports. This is disturbing.  All these years, we have 3 games left in our son's career, and this type of vandalism - I've never known or seen anything like this. Players and drill team affected. Let me tell you something, if you THUGS are reading this, just know that you did not kill our spirit, just dented our wallets. The damages reported are enough that this will be investigated thoroughly and you will be brought to justice. You aren't cool, you're a criminal. I sure hope it wasn't BC kids/fans - what a poor, ugly example you are for your school.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:37 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Is Sears playing fb? 

3 hours ago, Laura Caldwell said:

HJ mom here.  The HJ/BC game on Saturday night was awesome.  Our players were sleepers the first half, for sure.  The perseverance and athleticism, in addition to good coaching was exciting to watch.  I love all levels of football, starting on the founding board of the West Beaumont Bulldogs in the WBBIFL where my son started Flag, playing until he aged out.  Now he is in his Senior year at HJ as the Center and on the defensive line.  So we have attended many games through the years.  We attend NCAA games every year, bowl games, NFL games, etc.  I love the comaraderie, I even love the trash talk.  Our son called us from the HS after they cleaned up, when approaching his truck the windshield was obviously intentionally broken in 3 places - totaled.  The trucks and cars with HJ student parking permits parked at the field house were keyed from front to back, dented, etc.  We all had to go to HardinCo Sheriff Office and file police reports. This is disturbing.  All these years, we have 3 games left in our son's career, and this type of vandalism - I've never known or seen anything like this. Players and drill team affected. Let me tell you something, if you THUGS are reading this, just know that you did not kill our spirit, just dented our wallets. The damages reported are enough that this will be investigated thoroughly and you will be brought to justice. You aren't cool, you're a criminal. I sure hope it wasn't BC kids/fans - what a poor, ugly example you are for your school.

First of all, welcome to the board.

Glad to see some of our local females with some enthusiasm.  If you love the trash talk, I can guarantee you'll love it here.

Finally, I feel bad that after what was a so great a night for Hawk players and faithful that you had to deal with that.  Hopefully, someone has some security cameras so that the culprits who did it can be found.

16 hours ago, Laura Caldwell said:

That's horrible. Hope y'all find out who did that. 

17 hours ago, Laura Caldwell said:

Please keep us up to date on the progress if this. Sorry to hear it.