Week 4

PhatMack19

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I simply am not understanding this.

Just what is so offensive about that song?

I don’t know to be honest.  From what I understand, it was once sung in black face by a racist group on campus.  Not sure how it escalated into the song being racist.  

But that image, of Sam by himself, a lifelong fan who was taught you don’t leave before the Eyes is sung, will be Herman’s final nail (if the nail wasn’t the game itself).  It is a complete failure of leadership in a photo.  It is a coach leaving his captain on a vine, and I understand there was criticism of Sam for doing this in the locker room.  Tom has lost this team, and now he has lost the powers that be.  He might make the end of the season but he might not. 

It should be apparent to all that Tom was fool’s gold.   We didn’t break the bank on a coach that was on the hot seat of a crumbling program, but we did make a steam hire. Tom had a team with Zeke at OSU that was easy to call plays for.  Then he inherited a senior QB with several future NFL players on defense.  He was a hype hire and turned out to be just that. 

Now the question becomes whether the stench on Urban when he left tOSU has subsided enough to be hired at UT.