LC-M @ Vidor (rescheduled home game)

piratevillain

On 10/9/2020 at 9:11 AM, Hagar said:

“Nagging injuries off a bye”, but the game before was against Jasper, with that BIG back, and their line must have averaged 260-70 at least.  If one of them Dawg lineman fell on me, I’d be in the ICU.  😵🤢🤒

As of today, 7 starters still out from injuries sustained vs Jasper. 

Just now, piratevillain said:

Im still optimistic, hopefully we can shake these injury bugs out early and can finish district out strong. Vidor is still heavily in the mix of things. 

You're right! With more practice the players who are filling in should only get better. I just hope that is soon. They have played this system forever. It's just about getting in sink with one another.

28 minutes ago, Self High 5 said:

You're right! With more practice the players who are filling in should only get better. I just hope that is soon. They have played this system forever. It's just about getting in sink with one another.

I think so too. Kids know this system very well, it's all gonna come down to kids who wanna step up and fill their roles. 

3 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Im still optimistic, hopefully we can shake these injury bugs out early and can finish district out strong. Vidor is still heavily in the mix of things. 

Yeah, everybody else has injuries and/or grades that take out key athletes too. How you adapt to those losses is key. I’d like to see Jeff and his boys get back in the mix. I’m sure they will too. But right now, they’re tied for last place. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, everybody else has injuries and/or grades that take out key athletes too. How you adapt to those losses is key. I’d like to see Jeff and his boys get back in the mix. I’m sure they will too. But right now, they’re tied for last place. 

I'm curious to see how this team responds to this adversity as well and there's only two ways it can go and Friday will tell alot about them. 

2 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I wish Vidor would move some 2nd or 3rd string  RBs to receiver . We could even use some JV RBs as receivers but as of now the only chance of catching a pass is if the QB throws it hard enough for the ball to stick in their facemask.

idk why, this is the image that popped up in my head reading your comment. 😂

CVl4A8CUYAAvtSc.jpg

On 10/8/2020 at 10:54 PM, Boneyard Boys said:

@Reaganhelp me out with this one buddy, I know we let you down tonight but Vidor by as much as...

Well, Boneyard Boys, my friend, I went out on the limb for you last week and got shot down.  But, I do feel confident that da Pirates will win.  And it should be by as much as they want.  But...    😏😁

1 hour ago, dj said:

If u think they were huge. Then u haven't seen Carthage yet !!

Oh yes, I’ve seen Carthage.  Their line would be the envy of some college programs.   I think weight wise they’re similar, but Jasper has more “heavy kids” (being PC 😂) and Carthage has the muscle.