LC-M @ Vidor (rescheduled home game)

piratevillain

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Right, that’s the way we play unfortunately. We do it on purpose I think, it’s a part of the game plan at this point.

Jmo - Vidor rarely plays to their potential.   Barely beat teams they should hammer, and lose to some.   Then when playing a real good team, they play their buttocks off.   Basically, effort is up or down based on the competition.

26 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Jmo - Vidor rarely plays to their potential.   Barely beat teams they should hammer, and lose to some.   Then when playing a real good team, they play their buttocks off.   Basically, effort is up or down based on the competition.

Play the kids that put forth the effort and get the best results. Play them a lot lol, whatever it takes to get the win. We can’t lose another game, screw getting 3rd in this district. That’s would be a disappointment based on expectations. 

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What happened to Vidor?

Early season talk (mostly Vidor fans) had them beating any area 4A school.

We had a bad game, first of the season. Has Silsbee ever had one? Good thing you dominated OF and Liberty. Let me know how that WOS game works out for you. I’ll make sure to check in on you after the L, thanks for the concern bud.

10 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

We had a bad game, first of the season. Has Silsbee ever had one? Good thing you dominated OF and Liberty. Let me know how that WOS game works out for you. I’ll make sure to check in on you after the L, thanks for the concern bud.

But they didn’t “dominate” OF or Liberty. They barely beat them 14-6 & 14-7 respectively.  Oh wait, you were being sarcastic... I get it now. Why didn’t you mention the loss to Jasper?   😎

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

But they didn’t “dominate” OF or Liberty. They barely beat them 14-6 & 14-7 respectively.  Oh wait, you were being sarcastic... I get it now. 😎

And they are in a rebuilding year according to the fan base lol. They got lucky with a hurricane cancellation or Vidor would have embarrassed them week 1. It’s funny, I didn’t hear them talking sh.. after we lost to Jasper.

4 minutes ago, LC-M said:

They did talk them up. But they had some guys out. Maybe they will Come out and bring the bears to the wood shed

I’ve been waiting for that woodshed game but it might not come this year. I don’t think we have that killer instinct, we play just good enough to win or just bad enough to lose. I don’t see us getting blown out but I also don’t see us beating the breaks off anybody. 

Just now, Boneyard Boys said:

I’ve been waiting for that woodshed game but it might not come this year. I don’t think we have that killer instinct, we play just good enough to win or just bad enough to lose. I don’t see us getting blown out but I also don’t see us beating the breaks off of anybody. 

Who knows man. Our defense is playing well to keep us in the game. But our offense is playing poorly. So when your defense is out on the field all night big plays happen. I expect a good ball game honestly 

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

We had a dominating loss lol kinda like the one you are about to endure but not as embarrassing. WOS about to light up the scoreboard, I’d be surprised if it’s even competitive.

I agree. Silsbee will lose to WO-S. Just like Vidor.

But the talk of Vidor would beat Jasper and Silsbee back before Vidor had even played a game was ludicrous. Then they eek out wins over Brazosport and Bay City, two teams that really aren't that good. Heck, Lumberton proved that with one of them and Silsbee destroyed Lumberton.

Based on what I have seen from Vidor this season (game film I have watched) I just haven't seen the team that some Vidor fans were speaking of early in the season.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree. Silsbee will lose to WO-S. Just like Vidor.

But the talk of Vidor would beat Jasper and Silsbee back before Vidor had even played a game was ludicrous. Then they eek out wins over Brazosport and Bay City, two teams that really aren't that good. Heck, Lumberton proved that with one of them and Silsbee destroyed Lumberton.

Based on what I have seen from Vidor this season (game film I have watched) I just haven't seen the team that some Vidor fans were speaking of early in the season.

Let me fix that for you...

I agree. Silsbee will lose to WO-S in an embarrassing blowout.

But the talk of Silsbee would beat Jasper and WOS back before Silsbee had even played a game was ludicrous. Then they eek out wins over Orangefield and Liberty, two teams that really aren't that good. Heck, Lumberton proved that they suck against Silsbee and Vidor will destroy Lumberton.

Based on what I have seen from Silsbee this season (game film I have watched) I just haven't seen the team that some Silsbee fans were speaking of early in the season.

WE WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT AFTER THIS WEEK... How are the Aggies doing?

I am only speaking for myself. Never once talked Silsbee up like they were a great team. I knew what they had coming back for this season. I knew they would struggle offensively and that the defense would have to carry the load most of the season. I have been critical of them from day one of this season. But not once did I state that they would beat this team or that team before the first game had even been played.

That wasn't the case with some Vidor fans. They were very quick to point out that they would beat Jasper and Silsbee based off no games.

I just don't think Vidor has proven to be the team that many Vidor fans made them out to be. That's my point. Silsbee has nothing to do with it.

But deflect away.

29 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am only speaking for myself. Never once talked Silsbee up like they were a great team. I knew what they had coming back for this season. I knew they would struggle offensively and that the defense would have to carry the load most of the season. I have been critical of them from day one of this season. But not once did I state that they would beat this team or that team before the first game had even been played.

That wasn't the case with some Vidor fans. They were very quick to point out that they would beat Jasper and Silsbee based off no games.

I just don't think Vidor has proven to be the team that many Vidor fans made them out to be. That's my point. Silsbee has nothing to do with it.

But deflect away.

Injuries play a role, I believe you will see a different team going forward. Similar to the team you watched against Jasper. Idk how we got all these injuries and players dinged up playing limited time off a bye week but it happened and it cost us a W. If you don’t think we could have beat Silsbee week 1 because we lost this week then you are sadly mistaken. I don’t know if you’ve noticed yet, but you don’t have some juggernaut over there. Maybe you will realize it this week, I wouldn’t talk down on other teams too much if I were a Silsbee fan this year.

14 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Injuries play a role, I believe you will see a different team going forward. Similar to the team you watched against Jasper. Idk how we got all these injuries and players dinged up playing limited time off a bye week but it happened and it cost us a W. If you don’t think we could have beat Silsbee week 1 because we lost this week then you are sadly mistaken. I don’t know if you’ve noticed yet, but you don’t have some juggernaut over there. Maybe you will realize it this week, I wouldn’t talk down on other teams too much if I were a Silsbee fan this year.

Never thought Silsbee was a juggernaut.

I don't think I am talking down on Vidor. Just not talking them up. Calling it like I see it. Descent 4A team that just dropped down from 5A.

I wasn't convinced that Vidor could beat Silsbee in week 1 before this week.