Splendora 21 Vidor 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

You sure got that right !! This team has the pieces but they lack the heart/determination. I remember when Vidor would sacrifice life and limb , a time when they didn't care if it hurt them as long as it hurt you more. I don't see that fire. They still embarrass Lumberton  though.

Vidor went from expecting to dominate to now just beating Lumberton.. man how the mighty have fallen so quick...

You almost have to play a goal line look against their shotgun offense to stop the run. I think you have to put the corners on islands and just tell them to man up. Put one safety over the middle, put 4 of your biggest boys on the line of scrimmage. Everybody play stop #22 until they prove they can throw it. I didn’t see any big play receivers and their QB didn’t run at all. It was simply a 1 man show that beat you with the same plays over and over. Why run the same damn defense when it obviously isn’t working? So what if you play a 3-4 make changes, make the other team do something else to beat you. Same thing goes for our offensive play calling, be versatile have the ability to change your game plan if it isn’t working. We could have won that game if we would have done things differently but my aunt would be my uncle if she had a set.

3 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

We need recievers BAAAAAAADDDDD

3 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

no recievers

We have one, he plays defense. Caught plenty of TDs from peewee through JH to Freshman ball. Once you get to Varsity things change, we don’t throw the ball unless it’s out of a run formation. Ain’t nobody got time for a wide receiver around here, we got tight ends and running backs.

10 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

We have one, he plays defense. Caught plenty of TDs from peewee through JH to Freshman ball. Once you get to Varsity things change, we don’t throw the ball unless it’s out of a run formation. Ain’t nobody got time for a wide receiver around here, we got tight ends and running backs.

My absolute favorite thing on this board is when the pee wee coaches chime in after a loss and criticize the head man on the varsity team. As if Matthews is ruining all of talent he developed by not throwing the ball. lol. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

My absolute favorite thing on this board is when the pee wee coaches chime in after a loss and criticize the head man on the varsity team. As if Matthews is ruining all of talent he developed by not throwing the ball. lol. 

Ikr it’s like we can’t see things with our own eyes and form our own opinions. 👀 I’m just a fan on a message board offering up my thoughts. I have no control over the team and don’t want any but I’ll state my opinion of their performance. Even if it’s wrong, take it however you want or ignore it idc. Sorry if it offends you coach but I’ll leave it at that. Hoping for a bounce back from injuries and a bad game to make it a great season. You’re right about one thing though, now is not the time to start pointing fingers or look for someone to blame. Moving on to the next game, let’s get it done Pirates.

17 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I can tell !!! 

And you’re going to piss people off again... Sometimes the throw has to be there too, if you’re running wide open just put it on the guy. They’ll get it turned around from this little 2 game skid. I have confidence in that, I look for the Pirates to win out.

I believe Mathews will get this figured out. Like he said at the beginning of the season, predictions dont matter, he's been picked first and finished 4th and picked 7th and finished 2nd. One bad game isn't the end of the world, we just haven't played a four full quarters of inspired football with or without starters missing.

52 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I believe Mathews will get this figured out. Like he said at the beginning of the season, predictions dont matter, he's been picked first and finished 4th and picked 7th and finished 2nd. One bad game isn't the end of the world, we just haven't played a four full quarters of inspired football with or without starters missing.

I hope your right but we are a little late in the season and coming off an bye for us to play that bad in the 1st half vidor could very easily be 0-4 and I haven't seen any improvement with this team

2 hours ago, astros4141078 said:

I hope your right but we are a little late in the season and coming off an bye for us to play that bad in the 1st half vidor could very easily be 0-4 and I haven't seen any improvement with this team

I agree, we could easily be winless right now. I know in the past few seasons in those one score games, we usually lost them. We've been fortunate until last night. I just hope there's improvement with the ability to make adjustments before halftime if we play like that again.

team stats via KOGT.com

posted the link at the bottom so you can view player stats, scoring plays, and box score.

Spl                  Vid

First Downs                18                   13

Rushes-Yards          47-154           43-229

Passing                       79                   100

Total Yards                233                 329

Com-Att-Int             3-5-1               2-9-0

Fumbles-Lost            2-0                  2-0

Penalties-Yards        2-25                4-25

This is the hidden content, please

25 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

team stats via KOGT.com

posted the link at the bottom so you can view player stats, scoring plays, and box score.

Spl                  Vid

Man thank you so much for the stats! You figure just looking on paper that the game would have been really close but it sure didn't feel that way.

37 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

team stats via KOGT.com

Spl                  Vid

Thanks. Another game where we won the stat sheet but this time we lost the game. I hope this wakes everyone up and they play with a purpose the rest of the way.

12 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Vidors defense was good last year

Yep, I remember they were good. They only gave up 32 to Montgomery, 27 to Crosby & 28 to Dayton. If I’m being fair, they held most of the other games to 1 score. Just trying to stoke the fire a little. But this year is what matters. 0-1 in district. Even if Lumberton loses today, y’all will be tied for last place. So yes, y’all will be “as bad as Lumberton”. On a happier note, good luck to Jeff and his players. Hope y’all win all of them except the last district game. 

44 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

The truth is you think our season is dead and that makes you feel better about Lumberton being so pathetic. You know the misery loves company thing. Our season isnt dead .

Could care less about Lumberton.  Old Fart not a Raider Fan.   Vidor will not make playoffs.    Mark my word...  but the will have the top defense in the district LOL!!!!