Tomball 30 Port Neches-Groves 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

Whelp. I was wrong on this one. I thought PNG would win by at least three scores, and clean up the defensive problems. Third game in a row that PNG plays in an extremely close one. There are some rays of light. PNG wasn't playing scrubs these last few weeks, so the experience and toughness that come from that could prove valuable down the stretch. They've essentially been in a playoff-like scenario three weeks in a row. The 4th quarter offense is still stellar, though something more creative than a bomb to the endzone is what I was expecting on that 4th and 17. Those two kickoff turnovers made all the difference -- Otherwise this was PNG's game to lose. Hopefully they'll clean up the mental errors on kickoff and be ready for Nederland. I'm not confident that we will get much better against the run on defense. We've had three games now and the opposing teams' offenses have been able to more or less run the same plays successfully. I'm no expert, so I don't know what I would do to fix the problem, but we are just getting absolutely gashed on QB runs. Bost wasn't as precise as he normally is tonight. Nobody is perfect. A couple key dropped passes that would have been for six. So going into the bye there are still huge question marks and a lot to be worried about, but there are also some things to be optimistic about. Namely, PNG hasn't been blown out by anyone. A team that is able to stay in three close games, coming from behind in all of them, is a team that might be able to put it together later on. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to Tomball 30 Port Neches-Groves 27/FINAL