Orange Country Basketball on the RISE

On 10/6/2020 at 7:58 PM, Elvis Presley said:

I agree with Mr. Tx hoops.  1 Silsbee, 2 Lumberton, 3 West Orange, 4 Vidor.  Silsbee has the best athletes.  L-Town has best player and great coaching.  West Orange has real good athletes.  Vidor has higher school numbers.  Bc, Ofield, and lcm have some good players but they're behind.  Maybe the Bobcats can get another 6'10 transfer to get them to the top.

I'd put Sigler above any coach Lumberton had, has or ever will have.

2 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

We saw what he did at Livingston with no athletes. 

You gotta have good athletes.  You can't expect a top chef to cook a masterpiece if he only has scraps to work with.  I've seen teams with lots of talent do nothing because they didn't have a good coach.  I've never seen a team with no athletes do much of nothing, coach or no coach.  

The great coach at ucla.  I don't want to blemish his accomplishments, but he was called a wizard as long as ucla was allowed to have an excessive amount of scholarships, and other things.

but this is a msg board. You are allowed to be wrong.

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

You gotta have good athletes.  You can't expect a top chef to cook a masterpiece if he only has scraps to work with.  I've seen teams with lots of talent do nothing because they didn't have a good coach.  I've never seen a team with no athletes do much of nothing, coach or no coach.  

The great coach at ucla.  I don't want to blemish his accomplishments, but he was called a wizard as long as ucla was allowed to have an excessive amount of scholarships, and other things.

but this is a msg board. You are allowed to be wrong.

I think the Lumberton coach does a great job, if you give him some of those cats that some of these other coaches have year in and year out who knows how good he would do!!!! That’s the same for Jeffcoat at LCM and BC coach!!! Those guys can flat out coach and don’t have the talent year in and year out. 

On 10/6/2020 at 7:58 PM, Elvis Presley said:

I agree with Mr. Tx hoops.  1 Silsbee, 2 Lumberton, 3 West Orange, 4 Vidor.  Silsbee has the best athletes.  L-Town has best player and great coaching.  West Orange has real good athletes.  Vidor has higher school numbers.  Bc, Ofield, and lcm have some good players but they're behind.  Maybe the Bobcats can get another 6'10 transfer to get them to the top.

Heard a kid transferred from United to Orange to live with relatives do to Hurricane doing damage to home. May push them from 3 to 2 if it's TRUE and hes eligible to play.

I haven't heard of any transfers from BU to the Fruit.  Do know that we had a kid from Doby that's on the football field that should make us bigger and better on the court.  What I like about Wilson is that he recruits the hallways and does it with our kids that are already here.  I've seen a lot of coaches come and go here at WOS but haven't quite seen one that works as hard as him.  He continuously has his athletes do weight training, jumping and skills.  The Proctor kid that barely played last year has gained 20 pounds of muscle, now 6'6 and is dunking with ease.  I asked the kid the other day what have you been doing and he said coach makes us jump and lift.  I think people will be surprised what we have building under Wilson.

Good basketball communities go out and hire coaches they hope are good and will lead their team to success.  If the coaches record lives up to it good.  If it doesn't the school / community will go get someone else.   Communite that want to compete with the good basketball schools, they go out and hire good coaches as well.  

If a young ball player doesn't start early his or her chances of becoming proficient at basketball is almost non existent.  By the time a player gets to the varsity coach if he hasn't been playing basketball for years it is not going to work.

The youngsters in certain ares don't have enough positive role models.  So they focus in on people like LeBron James, or the high school all American on last years championship team. Some 9 year old sitting in the stands at SA at the state tournament he wants that positive acclaim.  So basketball becomes a vital part of their life.

Another youngster in another area has more positive role models everywhere.  Maybe his parents are engineers, Doctors, etc.  Maybe that kid develops a passion for a particular sport.  Or maybe they play so that the resume they present to Baylor or some other prestigious school shows they participated.  And that is all they want or need from playing that sport.  

Hope that makes sense.  Going to bed.

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Please don't judge Vidor basketball until the football season is over, it may not be pretty... How many games would the boys miss this season if they are playing playoff football? No tournaments this year right, just a set number of games?

Not sure but the basketball coaches I believe can get there players the last Wednesday of October