Huffman Hargrave at LCM

BattlinBear02

Jasper beat us down 35-0, but as crazy as this sounds, I actually noticed a little improvement...defense played much better than i expected against their crazy running game til they were gassed, then allowed their insane RBs to bust out the big runs...our offense looked good at times between the 20s, but continues to stall once we're in scoring range smh....that being said, I'm taking Huffman by 2 tds....at this point I just want to freakn score! 🤦

26 minutes ago, FalconsRus said:

Falcons in a blowout!

LCM is horrible, and HH is pacing for a showdown with the pirates. A 2 TD win  would be a disappointment. But....... our offense is plain and predictable and defense is uncoached 

If that’s the case, then you may have a poor outcome with the Vidor Showdown!

40 minutes ago, FalconsRus said:

Falcons in a blowout!

LCM is horrible, and HH is pacing for a showdown with the pirates. A 2 TD win  would be a disappointment. But....... our offense is plain and predictable and defense is uncoached 

What’s really gonna suck is after Vidor beats y’all, and everyone is down about losing the DC, then Livingston gonna come to y’all’s place and dish out an upset. 😎

42 minutes ago, FalconsRus said:

Falcons in a blowout!

Clarify what’s you mean by the defense is un coached. 4 games - 2 shutouts and 28 total points given up  

1 hour ago, FalconsRus said:

Falcons in a blowout!

Huffman is 4-0 vs the following:

Stafford (1-4), Needville (2-3), Navasota (2-2), LaMarque (0-4)

Dont get me wrong. I am in no way downgrading your team or record. 4-0 is 4-0.  And depending on our gameplan, yall blowing us out is definitely a possibility.  But we are capable of making a game out of it.  Talent is there. Just depends on gameplan, coaching etc.

HH has had a fairly powderpuff non- district sch, but don’t let that fool anyone.   They may not be a real good team, but I think they’re definitely a good team (especially in District 10).   That said, I hope LCM at least makes the Eagles work for a win.   Bears need an attitude adjustment.   This is the perfect game for it - Home - First District game - 4-0 vs 0-4.   Time to open it up.

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

HH has had a fairly powderpuff non- district sch, but don’t let that fool anyone.   They may not be a real good team, but I think they’re definitely a good team (especially in District 10).   That said, I hope LCM at least makes the Eagles work for a win.   Bears need an attitude adjustment.   This is the perfect game for it - Home - First District game - 4-0 vs 0-4.   Time to open it up.

Cmon Bears. I’ll be pulling for y’all. 

On 10/4/2020 at 9:13 AM, BattlinBear02 said:

Huffman is 4-0 vs the following:

Stafford (1-4), Needville (2-3), Navasota (2-2), LaMarque (0-4)

Dont get me wrong. I am in no way downgrading your team or record. 4-0 is 4-0.  And depending on our gameplan, yall blowing us out is definitely a possibility.  But we are capable of making a game out of it.  Talent is there. Just depends on gameplan, coaching etc.

I overthink this stuff for sure and I am familiar with the taste of crow.  I have posted before about the difficulty in gauging Huffman based on their schedule so far. LaMarque and Stafford are not good teams and really cant gauge anything off of those. 

Needville put 42 points on Yoakum.  Yoakum is better than any team in this district, in my opinion.

Navasota was a better team than Needville and the defense shut them out pretty handily.

Huffman Defense - LCM hasn't scored a lot this year and once Kinkaid adjusted after the 1st quarter (nice LCM pick 6 and a sweet onside recovery deep in Kinkaid territory), held LCM to 6 points.  2 turnovers in the first quarter that fast aren't likely to happen again. Huffman defense is sound and moves to the ball well.  3 shutouts in a row is not likely but it is possible.  If Huffman is up a lot going into the 4th, they will put in backups.  

Huffman Offense - The offense feels consistent and methodical.  I haven't seen a lot of creativity from the stands, but there hasn't been a need to.  The D1 nose tackle for Needville really made things tough to run inside, which is what Huffman likes to do.  One thing Huffman has had all season is better conditioning.  Compared to every team they have faced, they seem to gas opponents in the second half.  Every game.  This might be another reason Huffman doesn't have a turnover issue.  I am convinced 80% of turnovers are primarily caused by fatigue.

Special Teams - Nobody talks about it, but Huffman has had 3 or 4 punts that made a difference.  He kicks this line drive that looks really tough to field and they cover well.

Looking forward to the game tonight hope this storm doesn't impact these kids.  

2 hours ago, texbuzz said:

I overthink this stuff for sure and I am familiar with the taste of crow.  I have posted before about the difficulty in gauging Huffman based on their schedule so far. LaMarque and Stafford are not good teams and really cant gauge anything off of those. 

Needville put 42 points on Yoakum.  Yoakum is better than any team in this district, in my opinion.

Navasota was a better team than Needville and the defense shut them out pretty handily.

Huffman Defense - LCM hasn't scored a lot this year and once Kinkaid adjusted after the 1st quarter (nice LCM pick 6 and a sweet onside recovery deep in Kinkaid territory), held LCM to 6 points.  2 turnovers in the first quarter that fast aren't likely to happen again. Huffman defense is sound and moves to the ball well.  3 shutouts in a row is not likely but it is possible.  If Huffman is up a lot going into the 4th, they will put in backups.  

Huffman Offense - The offense feels consistent and methodical.  I haven't seen a lot of creativity from the stands, but there hasn't been a need to.  The D1 nose tackle for Needville really made things tough to run inside, which is what Huffman likes to do.  One thing Huffman has had all season is better conditioning.  Compared to every team they have faced, they seem to gas opponents in the second half.  Every game.  This might be another reason Huffman doesn't have a turnover issue.  I am convinced 80% of turnovers are primarily caused by fatigue.

Special Teams - Nobody talks about it, but Huffman has had 3 or 4 punts that made a difference.  He kicks this line drive that looks really tough to field and they cover well.

Looking forward to the game tonight hope this storm doesn't impact these kids.  

yes hoping weather isn't bad...kickoff has been moved up to 6pm...and Huffman has won 15 of their last 16 games....so they're definitely doing something right over there....i just hope we can make it competitive tonight! and hopefully actually score! ....our offense has scored 3 times in 3 games 🤦

5 hours ago, BattlinBear02 said:

yes hoping weather isn't bad...kickoff has been moved up to 6pm...and Huffman has won 15 of their last 16 games....so they're definitely doing something right over there....i just hope we can make it competitive tonight! and hopefully actually score! ....our offense has scored 3 times in 3 games 🤦

It has certainly been competitive. 

7-0 Huffman going into the half.