Hull-Daisetta vs Deweyville

H-D BOBCAT 55

Who wins?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Deweyville or Hull-Daisetta?

• Deweyville
    • Hull-Daisetta

8 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

For what it’s worth, HD and Deweyville are ranked 60 and 61, respectively (out of 93 total teams) in the latest Harris poll. 

Love Harris, but it is more in tuned with bigger schools and last years performances of the teams, compared to Dave Campbell seems to be more in tune with the current state of the smaller schools. 

DCTF Computer Rankings (93 schools)
2A-DII
23. Hull-Daisetta
26. Deweyville
55. Evadale
73. Colmesneil
84. Sabine Pass
85. Burkeville

1 hour ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

They are...? I heard the storm got the lights, portable lighting brought in for the HD game. Heard there was a lot of damage from the storm? Should just play it at the "Swamp" Bobcat Stadium in Daisetta, one of the best natural grass stadiums in the State. 

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

It looks like super high winds and rain for Deweyville area even on Saturday evening... Might be time to try and move the game to Daisetta, we look to be just outside the rain and wind... 

Looks like the eye is going to be in Mississippi or Arkansas by 1PM Saturday. What are you looking at???

On 10/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, RedJollyRoger said:

I'm not the guy to talk smack but I must say...1. Deweyville is not the physically bigger team, we may have more experience on the OL but we're not bigger...and 2. The team speed goes to DV, no question. Please know, I'm not discrediting that HD has a good group but in my own opinion, we are smaller but faster. I like the grit from my team, they are a  very physical and scrappy group. Hoping it will be a great game (hopefully this storm won't hinder this potential District Championship contest....but it is 2020 y'all...lol. Good luck to my Bobcat friends.

Good post, two good teams. I’m surprised DV does not have the size advantage, I disagree on the speed advantage, HD has two 100M track kids in Broussard and Victorian, if they get outside they gone, both kids are high 4.4 kids, I did hear #27 for DV is super fast. This game is gonna be fun to watch. 

12 hours ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

Good post, two good teams. I’m surprised DV does not have the size advantage, I disagree on the speed advantage, HD has two 100M track kids in Broussard and Victorian, if they get outside they gone, both kids are high 4.4 kids, I did hear #27 for DV is super fast. This game is gonna be fun to watch. 

Only two "100M track kids that run high 4.4's on one of the "greatest natural grass stadiums in Texas"???...that's why I challenged the "team speed" comment. We have a few of those as well 😁...Curious to know if those two are considered a part of the 5 "HD Horsemen" ?How about a "Gentlemen's" bet? A large DQ blizzard to the winner? It will be a great game, and it's all in good fun on here

17 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

Only two "100M track kids that run high 4.4's on one of the "greatest natural grass stadiums in Texas"???...that's why I challenged the "team speed" comment. We have a few of those as well 😁...Curious to know if those two are considered a part of the 5 "HD Horsemen" ?How about a "Gentlemen's" bet? A large DQ blizzard to the winner? It will be a great game, and it's all in good fun on here

Yep.

I watched DV play Legacy last week and I must say I was shocked to see legacy hang with DV for the 1st half and were even up 6-0 at the end of one. I believe had # 4 of Legacy not got hurt this game may have been a whole lot closer in the second half. He seemed to be the game changer. With that said, I didn’t see the speed like someone said DV has . They had one kid who seemed pretty quick.

If  HD goes into to DV and coughs the ball up multiple times ,  they will lose. If not, I think H-D takes this game by 2 touchdowns. H-D is quicker and the main thing is, they have gotten better with each passing week. 

14 hours ago, bd04 said:

I watched DV play Legacy last week and I must say I was shocked to see legacy hang with DV for the 1st half and were even up 6-0 at the end of one. I believe had # 4 of Legacy not got hurt this game may have been a whole lot closer in the second half. He seemed to be the game changer. With that said, I didn’t see the speed like someone said DV has . They had one kid who seemed pretty quick.

If  HD goes into to DV and coughs the ball up multiple times ,  they will lose. If not, I think H-D takes this game by 2 touchdowns. H-D is quicker and the main thing is, they have gotten better with each passing week. 

Yep.