Silsbee 14 Liberty 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

Silsbee should have won this game 27-7 at least. But fumble by Arline in the endzone and he ran out of bounds on one play where he could have gotten the first down on 4th down . I" still don't understand that one.. But Silsbee was missing Duke on the defensive line and offensive line and it showed.! 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

When an offensive juggernaut like HJ puts 26 on a team and the next week Silsbee can only find the end zone twice against the same squad.... something’s up. 
I’m fully aware that los Tigres tend to get it together as the season moves on... but we’re two weeks into district play now. I’m concerned, honestly. 

It is entirely possible for a team to play better/worse one week later.  Or.. maybe HJ is a little better than you think.  Or perhaps Silsbee is a little worse.  I don’t know.

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

BC or HJ could upset Silsbee. Their OL is that bad from what I aeen the last 2 weeks. I mean zero or a negative push. 

I’d be excited for a competitive game after the last couple of years. 
You know that I was kidding when I said that about Lib/Sil being for third. I don’t think Silsbee is a lock for first/second anymore. They might still finish there (and I wouldn’t be surprised), but they are off to a shaky start. Kinda strange hearing about the o-line problems because I understood that was the Tiger King’s specialty. Dunno. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’d be excited for a competitive game after the last couple of years. 
You know that I was kidding when I said that about Lib/Sil being for third. I don’t think Silsbee is a lock for first/second anymore. They might still finish there (and I wouldn’t be surprised), but they are off to a shaky start. Kinda strange hearing about the o-line problems because I understood that was the Tiger King’s specialty. Dunno. 

The O-Line we had at the start of season was getting better. Now in the middle of the season we are having to shuffle lineman around due to injuries and that will take some time to get them to jell. We are in the down stretch of the season and game get more important each week. Our coaches will work these guys. It’s never a good time to have injuries.

8 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Again, I would like to see Silsbee continue to use Quincy Kelly Jr more and allow Batrip and hopefully Gilder comes back from injury the ball. Arline and #20 are the best 2 backs. 

There are other RB just as good. They just yet to get the opportunity to run.  

On 10/2/2020 at 9:50 PM, Tigers94 said:

I think we lost our entire OL from last year. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to teams not named WOS in district. We just ain't that good.

It's a rebuilding year as far as I'm concerned.

Lol this is the best defense we’ve had in five years and one of our defense linemen has five offers, one is a D1 offer from an Ivy League school. We’re not exactly trash 😂 Wrong people in the wrong positions is hindering us and our OL is young... don’t show up to any playoff games and act like a Silsbee fan 

2 hours ago, TAMU2006 said:

Lol this is the best defense we’ve had in five years and one of our defense linemen has five offers, one is a D1 offer from an Ivy League school. We’re not exactly trash 😂 Wrong people in the wrong positions is hindering us and our OL is young... don’t show up to any playoff games and act like a Silsbee fan 

Negative ghost rider. We have a good defense front seven, our backend is making strides in the right direction. I Wouldn't say the best defense.  Our young OL will have to grow up this week, WOS will be a major test this week.