West Sabine/Overton cancelled...WS gets district win

Bobcatfan4life

IF this is covid related within the Overton program (which I assume it is due do West Sabine getting the forfeit win) colmesneil just played overton. How does this affect them. This would stink if they end up having to forfeit their game this week with Tenaha and end up with a loss due to no fault of their own

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

All forfeits in district play has to be by the max point total a DEC has in their tiebreaker policies.

Obviously this district has a max of 17 points.

So in a tiebreaker situation, they will reward a team that doesn't play a actual game with 17 pts. Over a team that may have played a great game and won by 1 point. 

What's the max for 11-4A-II?

2 hours ago, Bobcatfan4life said:

IF this is covid related within the Overton program (which I assume it is due do West Sabine getting the forfeit win) colmesneil just played overton. How does this affect them. This would stink if they end up having to forfeit their game this week with Tenaha and end up with a loss due to no fault of their own

I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t affect them. HF had a positive pop up after they played East Chambers. HF quarantined 70 football players for a required 5 days and got tested. Players were cleared after negative tests. They didn’t miss a game. EC didn’t get quarantined. Different districts and different health departments are handling COVID in much different ways.

2 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

So in a tiebreaker situation, they will reward a team that doesn't play a actual game with 17 pts. Over a team that may have played a great game and won by 1 point. 

What's the max for 11-4A-II?

That's correct. Most times tiebreakers are used involves 3 teams and the point totals will only be the two games that each of the three play against each other. In this case, Overton will not be in any kind of playoff scenario as they are the worst team in the district. Like the one poster stated, WS would have beaten Overton by 40+.

I believe 11-4A DII point max is 18.

Several districts are prepared to play two games in a week to make up any lost district games since the UIL waived the 5 day rule.