Port Arthur Memorial at Barbers Hill week-2

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Ok to answer MBG yes the PAM DBs will be tested against BH. Against Paetow BH had some good open looks ,but we couldn’t hit them. If the BH QB starts connecting more this week we will be hitting those slant and post routes that we were having trouble connecting with. BH running game didn’t get much this week partially because the passing game wasn’t on making us less diminsionable  BH will come at you with a balanced attack to keep the defense guessing while trying to find the weakness to exploit. On defense BH did pretty good the week except for the 60 yard TD Run and a deflected Hail Mary pass ,but those things happen. Overall they contained the run and looked really good in the secondary defending the pass. 

I watched the PAM /PNG game , but didn’t tune in until PAM was up by 20. It’s still hard to tell at this point where the teams are, but I will take my Eagles at home this week (Shocker). I could be absolutely wrong, but Paetow looked  good  returning 8 on O and 6 on D from a 8-3 team a year ago. Game will be close, but BH gets it together this week.

5 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Ok to answer MBG yes the PAM DBs will be tested against BH. Against Paetow BH had some good open looks ,but we couldn’t hit them. If the BH QB starts connecting more this week we will be hitting those slant and post routes that we were having trouble connecting with. BH running game didn’t get much this week partially because the passing game wasn’t on making us less diminsionable  BH will come at you with a balanced attack to keep the defense guessing while trying to find the weakness to exploit. On defense BH did pretty good the week except for the 60 yard TD Run and a deflected Hail Mary pass ,but those things happen. Overall they contained the run and looked really good in the secondary defending the pass. 

I watched the PAM /PNG game , but didn’t tune in until PAM was up by 20. It’s still hard to tell at this point where the teams are, but I will take my Eagles at home this week (Shocker). I could be absolutely wrong, but Paetow looked  good  returning 8 on O and 6 on D from a 8-3 team a year ago. Game will be close, but BH gets it together this week.

I waited too late so I'll have to watch the rest of the game tomorrow. NFL SNF ran too long. But you are 100% on one thing in my opinion: it'll be a close game, unfortunately I might grow another gray hair. This might be another one of them years where we're the Cardiac Titans. 

This is a toss up for me. It all depends on how much BH improves from Saturday. Paetow was 2nd overall last year on yards per game both allowed and gained across all of Katy ISD. KP’s Defense was pretty stout and not sure about PAM’s D being any better. Whatever the result both teams will get a work out and be better for it.

14 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

If we don't know our past, we don't know our future......  21-0 in 1984 with a big hit on a punt return so hard, the ball flew up in the stands.  And one game in the 90's which BH was #10 in the state and my Eagles blew them out.......#historychannel lol

Since you like History the last time BH played Austin was in 1999. BH won 41-0

#Austingotspanked

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Personally being a SFA alum I wouldn't mind Memorial hanging 70 on BH and talking to em about it afterwards, but unfortunately it'll be a close game. 

Lol same, if BH takes y’all to the woodshed I won’t be mad😃

Just now, BHFAN said:

Since you like History the last time BH played Austin was in 1999. BH won 41-0

#Austingotspanked

Yes I remember.  A broke clock.........

Now be honest.  Is the juice worth the squeeze paying old boy all that money with no rings.  No even a reg 3 championship?  Also, do you question his motive in leaving the largest school in the state after winning 3 or 4 rings in a row?  Just askin'

12 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

And 2 of those 3 losses where in the twilight years of SFA.  I'd take that and stand on my original statement 

I was wrong on the overall series. It's 7-3 SFA. Saw that they played in 1942.

1942      19-0    SFA

1984       21-6   SFA

85       7-0    BH

86        31-6  SFA

87        7-6    BH

90        36-14  SFA

91         26-22  SFA

92         31-0    SFA

98         28-22  SFA

99          41-0    BH

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was wrong on the overall series. It's 7-3 SFA. Saw that they played in 1942.

1942      19-0    SFA

1984       21-6   SFA

85       7-0    BH

86        31-6  SFA

87        7-6    BH

90        36-14  SFA

91         26-22  SFA

92         31-0    SFA

98         28-22  SFA

99          41-0    BH

Good stuff AWW.  You are the Goggle of the board #salute

53 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Yes I remember.  A broke clock.........

Now be honest.  Is the juice worth the squeeze paying old boy all that money with no rings.  No even a reg 3 championship?  Also, do you question his motive in leaving the largest school in the state after winning 3 or 4 rings in a row?  Just askin'

Honesty yes pay the man😃BH hasn’t raised taxes because of it, so to get us back to a playoff team and DC contender it’s worth it. BH hasn’t been that far in the playoffs since that 1999 team. In all of my years watching BH football Westerberg is the only coach that i felt could make adjustments during a game in real-time and not having to wait till halftime to figure out what is going on. Him leaving Allen I think was brought on by un appreciative spoiled community that would never be satisfied IMO. Not sure what else he could have achieved there plus why would anyone not want to live in Mont Belvieu (joking).

BH may be limited on how good they can be, but the growth we are still seeing here should keep us competitive for the foreseeable future.