Splendora at Vidor

Realville

I think between storms & China Virus issues few teams have really been able to show their true colors. I mean, district powerhouse and previously 5A Vidor went into OT against Brazosport and Lumberton beat Brazosport shortly thereafter in regulation after starting 0-3. It’s my understanding that Vidor should handle Splendora without much issue. But who knows. That’s why Friday nights are so much fun. 

7 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Did a little research on the Splendora coach.  He has a slightly worst record than the Vidor coach.  So advantage goes to Vidor.  Prediction will come later!

I’ll make mine now.  31-14 Vidor. 
Vidor has 2 weeks to get healthy & get ready for Splendora (1-3) who has a game this week. 

9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I think between storms & China Virus issues few teams have really been able to show their true colors. I mean, district powerhouse and previously 5A Vidor went into OT against Brazosport and Lumberton beat Brazosport shortly thereafter in regulation after starting 0-3. It’s my understanding that Vidor should handle Splendora without much issue. But who knows. That’s why Friday nights are so much fun. 

Powerhouse 🤔

10 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Unless Splendora has some hard running backs then Vidor should win. Vidors secondary is questionable against the run, they just won't come up and make tackles. Then when they do  it's either arm tackling or they are trying to do a passionate pasa doble dance .

Bro you are absolutely clueless last time I checked if the secondary is making tackles in the running game me and everyone else didn't do there job so saying the secondary is awful against the run is like saying the dline needs to work on there pass coverage SMDH

16 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

Bro you are absolutely clueless last time I checked if the secondary is making tackles in the running game me and everyone else didn't do there job so saying the secondary is awful against the run is like saying the dline needs to work on there pass coverage SMDH

Not true. I know I’m jumping in here, but with nickel, dime and cover 1 the corner and/or SS has some run responsibility. Also on a safety or corner blitz, the secondary has run responsibility. There’s several more schemes when teams load the box on a predominantly running team that gives the secondary run responsibility. 
Btw, I played O & D line in high school & O Line in college & coached Oline as a GA in college and I knew that...

19 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Not true. I know I’m jumping in here, but with nickel, dime and cover 1 the corner and/or SS has some run responsibility. Also on a safety or corner blitz, the secondary has run responsibility. There’s several more schemes when teams load the box on a predominantly running team that gives the secondary run responsibility. 
Btw, I played O & D line in high school & O Line in college & coached Oline as a GA in college and I knew that...

Well of course everyone on the field is trying to make the tackle but to say the reason we will lose is because the secondary is soft in the run is nuts, it is every coaches goal to get to the 3rd level in the run game 

11 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Unless Splendora has some hard running backs then Vidor should win. Vidors secondary is questionable against the run, they just won't come up and make tackles. Then when they do  it's either arm tackling or they are trying to do a passionate pasa doble dance .

Alright Fizz Flat... I’ll take the bait. You seem like a troll with the Jasper love you are now showing. I remember you from last year trashing our team every chance you got. If you think it is the defensive secondary’s job to stop the run then you don’t know a damn thing about football. Vidor will smoke Splendora and the DBs will play great like always. You want some tickets to the game so you can watch our boys show out in person? I got a couple for you, it’s Homecoming and they are hard to come by.

23 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Alright Fizz Flat... I’ll take the bait. You seem like a troll with the Jasper love you are now showing. I remember you from last year trashing our team every chance you got. If you think it is the defensive secondary’s job to stop the run then you don’t know a damn thing about football. Vidor will smoke Splendora and the DBs will play great like always. You want some tickets to the game so you can watch our boys show out in person? I got a couple for you, it’s Homecoming and they are hard to come by.

Hey Boneyard you are correct when say troll. Fizz Att troll will not answer you and he will not take you up on the ticket offer. He has been offered tickets and an invite to watch a game with some Pirate dads and never responds. He just wants to get on here and take digs at the Pirates. Jeff must have kicked him and/or his son off the team or they were benchwarmers. And like you Boneyard, I have tickets for him as well......but he will not accept.....

I have special needs twins and I will never have a kid on the team. I just love going to the games along with my son. We love the atmosphere and we love to support our hometown which happens to be the Pirates. 

As a side note Coach Mathews let my son lead the pirates out of the tunnel. That was about 4 years ago. That had a big impact on him because he talks about it like it was yesterday. So I guess I'm a little partial towards my Pirates.

I'm just telling everyone why I enjoy Friday night's.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Are you sure, my friend?    😄

I check the Coaches records.  The Splendora Coach gets indigestion 63% of the time he has Mexican food, while Coach Matthews only gets it 27% of the time.   Vidor wins.  It ain’t rocket science, you twit.  😂🤣😂