Jasper @ LC-M

Bulldogs92

On 9/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, Bulldogs92 said:

I have no idea if anyone's even looking at him. For some reason, big colleges don't look at our guys very often. We had a guy that just graduated this year that was every bit as good as Limbrick and I never heard a word about him going anywhere. 

Yeah, it is hilarious sometimes.  No major college will give a Jasper player the time of day; he will play elsewhere; then play several years in the NFL.  Go figure.  Remember Eugene Seale?  And many others.

3 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I'm gonna say 42-13 Jasper. Our defense always seems to give up big plays. We need huge improvement on that side of the ball in the next two games before we play Carthage. 

No disrespect to them. Lc-m might get one big play in the first half. And maybe a couple when the game is out of reach. Its abt getting better each week. It would be a gud idea to work on ur passing game for the next 2 weeks bcz u will need it against Carthage.ive seen them play. And watched the rest of there games.if u have any shot to upset them.u will have to pass!! Bcz they're just as huge as yall.but they rotate dline .and blitz alot.

12 minutes ago, dj said:

No disrespect to them. Lc-m might get one big play in the first half. And maybe a couple when the game is out of reach. Its abt getting better each week. It would be a gud idea to work on ur passing game for the next 2 weeks bcz u will need it against Carthage.ive seen them play. And watched the rest of there games.if u have any shot to upset them.u will have to pass!! Bcz they're just as huge as yall.but they rotate dline .and blitz alot.

LCM needs alot of work. I dont know if its because of the lack of practice or coaching changes are what but i dont like what im hearing and seeing. This might be a long moody year of you know what i mean. BOJO was better then this

1 minute ago, LC-M said:

LCM needs alot of work. I dont know if its because of the lack of practice or coaching changes are what but i dont like what im hearing and seeing. This might be a long moody year of you know what i mean. BOJO was better then this

Yes!! I'm with u on that. And I'm kinda disappointed bcz Ik a few of those kids on that team.and I expected more from them as an overall team.ik its been hard on the kids bcz of everything that is going on but every team is dealing with it to. And thats why I can't understand why they haven't played a lil bit better.

LCM actually has talent and could be MUCH better....our play calling is so conservative...we actually have a good qb and great receivers...and our defense isnt bad...if we would open it up and be aggressive, we could most likely be competitive....for some reason instead of playing to win, it feels like we play not to lose....drives me insane

2 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Jasper has got a darn good RB in #34 (I believe that's his number).Reminds me of Earl Campbell. Fasten your chin straps Bears. 

Name change (spelling wrong in it), avatar change. Yikes. Welp one more i don't have to pay attention to. 😂🙄

12 hours ago, j_dog said:

Yeah, it is hilarious sometimes.  No major college will give a Jasper player the time of day; he will play elsewhere; then play several years in the NFL.  Go figure.  Remember Eugene Seale?  And many others.

Yeah. Seale was a major college talent. He was a monster at LU, too. I remember him knocking a guy out from the Redskins on kickoff coverage when he was with the Oilers. That dude was something else. 

11 hours ago, dj said:

We haven't had to throw a lot, but our passing game isn't bad at all. Adams has been really solid so far, but he's definitely more of the game manager type from what I can tell. They don't feature him a lot in their play calling. 

11 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

They haven't played anyone that throws a lot, so it's hard to evaluate that to be honest. 

If @BattlinBear02 is correct about their QB and receivers, they might make it a better game depending on Jasper’s ability to pass rush. Not saying they could beat Jasper, but it might be less of a blowout than expected. Lot of “ifs” involved. 

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

If @BattlinBear02 is correct about their QB and receivers, they might make it a better game depending on Jasper’s ability to pass rush. Not saying they could beat Jasper, but it might be less of a blowout than expected. Lot of “ifs” involved. 

The problem is they need to get it to the play makers more often. Way to conservative 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I think you're right. That might be the biggest key to the game for the Bears. 

6 minutes ago, LC-M said:

The problem is they need to get it to the play makers more often. Way to conservative 

I agree. Hell, what’ve they got to lose! Come out slinging that ball around from the get go! Make them take it from you, then do it some more. Mix in a draw or two or a keeper. Why the heck not? I don’t think LCM will have a chance running against them anyway. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

I agree. Hell, what’ve they got to lose! Come out slinging that ball around from the get go! Make them take it from you, then do it some more. Mix in a draw or two or a keeper. Why the heck not? I don’t think LCM will have a chance running against them anyway. 

Our oline and Dline are the biggest they have been in awhile. I’ll have to say we have probably the best receiver in the district and they are not throwing to him enough. LCM is not playing up to par. Jasper would probably beat us if we were but 1 to 2 td lost is a lot better then a 10 td lost. Hopefully we come out and play better

6 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Our oline and Dline are the biggest they have been in awhile. I’ll have to say we have probably the best receiver in the district and they are not throwing to him enough. LCM is not playing up to par. Jasper would probably beat us if we were but 1 to 2 td lost is a lot better then a 10 td lost. Hopefully we come out and play better

Exactly. Even if those big ole boys just get in the way of the D Line. If he’s a good QB and has a good receiver or 2, He could put up a couple more scores. Idk the first thing about LCM this year, I’m just talking, but I’d like to see them put up a fight. Go down swinging!

54 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

only way we dont get totally embarrassed is by opening it up and playing aggressive....we have a receiver who i think could compete with any corner or safety in this area, and a qb who can throw it...if we actually open it up and throw it to him more than 5 times a game, and our line can give our qb a few seconds, we could move the ball and score..but if we continue the conservative bs we may lose 70-0 friday night

3 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

to be completely honest, Carthage has no weakness. I am a JASPERDAWG for life thru&thru, but I am not looking forward to October 16th whatsoever.

Same here. We don't go into many games expecting a long night, but that very well could be one. The kids won't be worried, but we might be covering our eyes. 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Yeah. Seale was a major college talent. He was a monster at LU, too. I remember him knocking a guy out from the Redskins on kickoff coverage when he was with the Oilers. That dude was something else. 

But on recruiting, I understand not a single Southwest Conference team made him an offer.  Reportedly, the first SW conference team he got to play while at Lamar:. University of Houston.  Result: 14 unassisted tackles.  You think there was not some buyer's remorse?