Elysian Fields gets a warning from UIL

Mr. Buddy Garrity

On 9/22/2020 at 11:55 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

I did my part and wore a mask last week. And so did everyone else that was in attendance. Be careful, the eyes of texas are upon you. Even you guys up there in the press box should be following the saftey guidelines, right?

Lol sounds like a Chuck Norris television series... Now I can't get the theme song out of my head 😂😂😂

Guest ECBucFan

This "warning" by the UIL to tiny Elysian Fields does not surprise me one bit. The UIL operates like the NCAA. When a major big money power university blatantly violates rules, the NCAA grabs some tiny no-name university that had some almost meaningless technical violation and throws the book at them, to prove a point.

The old saying was "The NCAA was SO INFURIATED at Notre Dame for egregiously breaking recruiting rules, they suspended Southwest Missouri State for two years".    

I say this because I watched TV highlights from a high profile 6A game in the DFW metroplex, and there appeared to be zero compliance. Even though this was shown on TV statewide, the UIL is stone cold silent. Throw the little guys under the bus...the Big Boys get a pass...

57 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

This "warning" by the UIL to tiny Elysian Fields does not surprise me one bit. The UIL operates like the NCAA. When a major big money power university blatantly violates rules, the NCAA grabs some tiny no-name university that had some almost meaningless technical violation and throws the book at them, to prove a point.

The old saying was "The NCAA was SO INFURIATED at Notre Dame for egregiously breaking recruiting rules, they suspended Southwest Missouri State for two years".    

I say this because I watched TV highlights from a high profile 6A game in the DFW metroplex, and there appeared to be zero compliance. Even though this was shown on TV statewide, the UIL is stone cold silent. Throw the little guys under the bus...the Big Boys get a pass...

A lot goes into the UIL sending a letter like that and typically its not the first incident...just because something hasn't come out publicly on a Sunday doesn't mean someone wasn't warned etc....Elysian Fields put their notice out publicly...some are warned and the notice isn't ever made public...

13 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

A lot goes into the UIL sending a letter like that and typically its not the first incident...just because something hasn't come out publicly on a Sunday doesn't mean someone wasn't warned etc....Elysian Fields put their notice out publicly...some are warned and the notice isn't ever made public...

Exactly. I actually know of two schools that received warnings but it was not made public.

Guest ECBucFan

If you two really want to believe the UIL will treat the high dollar mega schools the exact same way they would treat a tiny Elysian Fields, then have at it. 

Personally, I am not nearly that gullible. I have a brain. 

2 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

If you two really want to believe the UIL will treat the high dollar mega schools the exact same way they would treat a tiny Elysian Fields, then have at it. 

Personally, I am not nearly that gullible. I have a brain. 

I'm not saying the UIL is perfect, far from it..I'm just saying you are ill informed in regards to this issue.