Nederland @ Huntsville/ GAME HAS BEEN CANCELED

chorizo

The offense did ok against PAM last week.  Offensive line is young and will have to grow quick if they are going to be successful.  They have a two head monster in the backfield.  The QB has experience, not at this position, but seems to be coming around.  He has some speed too.  Defense will win this game, and Ned has that going for them.

The Huntsville D-line is still the strength of the team so Ned’s O-line could be in trouble.  Huntsville lost 30+ Seniors so they will be under the radar a bit this season.  They certainly have some inexperience at some positions but they do have the talent.  New QB played the last 2 games last year when starter was out and is very athletic.  Its the first game, so who knows, but I expect the Hornets to win by a couple of scores.  

Good chance for Nederland to knock off a good team before they get rolling. Huntsville lost a lot last year, including the coach’s son who was a three year starter at qb. They also lost two beast on a defensive line which really was the strength of their entire team last year. I believe their stud linebacker also graduated and signed with North Texas.

One thing about Huntsville is that they’re pretty big for a 5A-D2 team so I do expect that to be an issue for Nederland.  

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Nederland @ Huntsville/ GAME HAS BEEN CANCELED
14 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

"Due to the number of positive..."

How many is it? Are they shutting down school or just football? So many questions, so little time.

According to a tweet I just read from Jorge Ramos at the Enterprise, the # of confirmed cases at Nederland High (both staff and student) is 19.  He was unable to find out how many were in the athletic program.

1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

According to a tweet I just read from Jorge Ramos at the Enterprise, the # of confirmed cases at Nederland High (both staff and student) is 19.  He was unable to find out how many were in the athletic program.

Hence the abundance of caution. I get it. It's not a district game. Regroup next week. Praying for those infected to make a full recovery.

31 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I feel for the players and coaches. They are now going to wind up with only 1 non district game because HISD won’t be available next week. Everyone in district will have 3 non district games to get ready for district and big Ned only one. It may cause them a playoff berth

Actually, Nederland/Austin will be a go.  HISD let schools started fall practice on 9/8 and Austin's 1st game of the season will be next week against Nederland (hopefully).