1-0 Carthage @ 4-0 Gilmer

lostaussie

Buckeyes look to try and get some payback over the Dawgs for the last few years. Carthage basically had its schedule canceled due to scheduling 5A teams and not being able to get anyone in lower classes to help them out. A 27-7 victory over Kilgore is there only game. Buckeyes come in with wins over Gladewater,  Atlanta, Henderson and Lindale. Lots of firepower in the offense as Junior QB Brandon Tennison has already broken 2 team records for yardage and the Buckeyes have as a team broken their yardage record for a single game. Carthage stingy defense looks to shutdown the Gilmer squad. Its on for Friday night and I just hope I can get a ticket!!!!

2 hours ago, lostaussie said:

Buckeyes look to try and get some payback over the Dawgs for the last few years. Carthage basically had its schedule canceled due to scheduling 5A teams and not being able to get anyone in lower classes to help them out. A 27-7 victory over Kilgore is there only game. Buckeyes come in with wins over Gladewater,  Atlanta, Henderson and Lindale. Lots of firepower in the offense as Junior QB Brandon Tennison has already broken 2 team records for yardage and the Buckeyes have as a team broken their yardage record for a single game. Carthage stingy defense looks to shutdown the Gilmer squad. Its on for Friday night and I just hope I can get a ticket!!!!

Good post, thanks for starting the conversation. I take it you are a gilmer fan? Will this game be live streamed, perhaps on texan live?

6 hours ago, lostaussie said:

Carthage could have played Vidor if they wanted to. The offer was on the table and I think they were supposed to play LCM but the hurricane took that one. Anyhow, good luck Friday night! It should be a good one.

6 minutes ago, Who That said:

I'm taken Gilmer by 10 ....  Atlanta ain't any push over I" look for them to still be in the mix in late November...And who knows maybe December.. This game and next weeks games around the state will see who will be the teams to wacth out for.

Why has Carthage only played one game 

16 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Why has Carthage only played one game 

They had their season opener (Crosby) taken away due to 6A/5A being delayed but picked up a season opener.  Their original 2nd game was against a TAPPS school which was lost for the same reason and did not pick another game. They had picked up LC-M but the Bears canceled due to damages from Laura.  Last week was their original open week.  That leads to only one game being played so far.

1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

They had their season opener (Crosby) taken away due to 6A/5A being delayed but picked up a season opener.  Their original 2nd game was against a TAPPS school which was lost for the same reason and did not pick another game. They had picked up LC-M but the Bears canceled due to damages from Laura.  Last week was their original open week.  That leads to only one game being played so far.

Ok they don't need many anyway 

The good thing about Carthage/Gilmer is that they are very familiar with each other. Where Carthage intimidates some, Gilmer will not be in awe. This group of kids are young. Lots of underclassmen that play a lot. Hopefully we don't fall behind early like we did to Hendo and Lindale. We scored 42 in the 3rd quarter against Lindale to erase a 35-14 halftime deficit.  We can't do that against Carthage or we will get our hats handed to us. I like our chances.  For what it worth Carthage beat Kilgore 27-7. Kilgore lost Friday night to a pretty good Gladewater  team that we demolished.  Gladewater gonna make a little noise in 3A. 

2 hours ago, lostaussie said:

For what it worth Carthage beat Kilgore 27-7. Kilgore lost Friday night to a pretty good Gladewater  team that we demolished.  Gladewater gonna make a little noise in 3A. 

Carthage > Kilgore 

Gilmer > Gladewater > Kilgore 

So this doesn't add up to nothing. What makes you think Carthage is having a down year?

One thing about Gilmer and Carthage is they are battle tested come playoff time. You can add Pleasant Grove in there as well. Carthage and Gilmer playing this week, but Carthage also plays Pleasant Grove next week then Jasper later on. Gilmer played a good Gladewater team and now plays Carthage. Pleasant Grove played #1 ranked Argyle, Silsbee and later on Carthage. That’s a gauntlet of state championship caliber teams no matter how you look at it!

16 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Carthage > Kilgore 

Gilmer > Gladewater > Kilgore 

So this doesn't add up to nothing. What makes you think Carthage is having a down year?

I didn't say Carthage was having a down year. Maybe I implied Gilmer is on an upswing which I believe they are. Carthage has played one game of which I was somewhat trying to make a comparison.  Thats all the info I've got to work with other than they have 7 state titles in the past. We will know more Friday night 

33 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

I didn't say Carthage was having a down year. Maybe I implied Gilmer is on an upswing which I believe they are. Carthage has played one game of which I was somewhat trying to make a comparison.  Thats all the info I've got to work with other than they have 7 state titles in the past. We will know more Friday night 

Northern teams also benefit from not battling hurricanes. Gilmer has had some impressive wins so far this season. Looks like avg over 450 ypg and 51+ ppg. Defense looks suspect, giving up a lot. But if the offense can outscore it might not matter. Good luck this week, and the rest of the season. Last district game against PG as well. I hope we can meet up in late December, with a different outcome this time of course. And thanks again for the link to the live stream.