Prayers for Jakory Strandley of Shelbyville

WOSgrad

Imagine having a night where you throw for 388 yd and 4 TDs, rush for 109 yd and 2 more TDs and it still be the worse night of your young life.

That happened to Jakory Strandley of Shelbyville last night.

You see, Jakory's father was in poor health, so poor that Jakory missed practice on Thursday to be with his family.  Although Coach David Benbow told him he didn't have to play, Jakory told Coach Benbow that the last thing that his dad told him was to go play, which he did, leading Shelbyville to a 54-27 win over Groveton.

He learned after the game that his dad had passed away during it.

Please join us at SETXsports.com in sending prayers of comfort to Jakory and his family, as well as all of the Dragons staff and players.

Heavenly Farther, by the sound of my voice I ask that you watch over Jackory, I ask that you wrap your arms around him, protect him and give him the strength and courage to go on in life knowing that you you are the Alpha and Omega. You will always be there for him and that he can always call on you in the time of need. Lord bless his entire family. Lord we know that when prayers go up blessings come down. Lord I ask and pray. Amen.

15 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Imagine having a night where you throw for 388 yd and 4 TDs, rush for 109 yd and 2 more TDs and it still be the worse night of your young life.

That happened to Jakory Strandley of Shelbyville last night.

You see, Jakory's father was in poor health, so poor that Jakory missed practice on Thursday to be with his family.  Although Coach David Benbow told him he didn't have to play, Jakory told Coach Benbow that the last thing that his dad told him was to go play, which he did, leading Shelbyville to a 54-27 win over Groveton.

He learned after the game that his dad had passed away during it.

Please join us at SETXsports.com in sending prayers of comfort to Jakory and his family, as well as all of the Dragons staff and players.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏