Vidor at Jasper

Boneyard Boys

21 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

I don't think we needed to when we BEAT silsbee  20 to 14.

Carl has such good field vision and he can cut on a dime and leave ya 9 cents change. Giving him that standing up position to see things does seem to help.  If need be he will take on a defender (one on one my $ is on him in that situation) or if it's open he will shoot the gap, and while not as fast as Andre (#4) he can move pretty good.

yes sir you are right. so far this season it has been effective. Hopefully that trend will continue.

I hear you, those backs are money. My son was able to take him down on the goaline once but he broke his helmet and got some battle scars in the process. He had to tackle those backs a lot last night, which isn’t a good thing because he plays deep safety. It was a good tough game and I think we will get better from it.

9 hours ago, Reagan said:

30 points was as much as they wanted.   😀

Let’s check the standings.  

Reagan, Brazosport, Bay City, Jasper, by as much as they want.

Record —  1 Win - 2 Losses

Vidor, beat Brazosport, Bay City, and lost to Jasper.

Record —  2 Wins - 1 Loss

You’re an embarrassment to prognosticators everywhere.  😂😂🤣😂😂

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I think it would have been a good game but the way Silsbee is playing idk. Their own fans are down on them right now, talks of a rebuilding year on that OF thread.

Yeah. That’s stupid. They got nothing better to do than slam their own. You know, sometimes tigers eat their own Cubs. It’s nature. 

11 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I agree with you. The Pirates did a heck of a job most of the night. I was really impressed with how they came out after halftime, too. Jasper showed me a lot after that with how they responded from being behind. I saw a lot that I liked out of both teams and they'll both get better after this. 

Based on the comments made by Jasper fans/posters prior to and after the game, it seems that they are some of the classiest around.  Props to them and congratulations to the Bulldogs on a hard fought win.

I’m not giving up on Silsbee yet.   Last year they started off 2-3 and went 5 games deep in the playoffs.   Yes, beat by good teams, but one of the wins was a 12 point victory over Ltown.   Year before, same thing, 2-3, and 5 deep in the playoffs.  Might be a little early to build their tombstone.

Wouldn’t count out the Pirates yet either.  For those that didn’t follow the game last night, the score is a little misleading.   Vidor could have won the game, but Jasper was able to take advantage of Pirate mistakes.  Just hope the Pirates execute better when they play Huffman, ot they’ll lose that one too.  But that’s way down the road.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I’m not giving up on Silsbee yet.   Last year they started off 2-3 and went 5 games deep in the playoffs.   Yes, beat by good teams, but one of the wins was a 12 point victory over Ltown.   Year before, same thing, 2-3, and 5 deep in the playoffs.  Might be a little early to build their tombstone.

Wouldn’t count out the Pirates yet either.  For those that didn’t follow the game last night, the score is a little misleading.   Vidor could have won the game, but Jasper was able to take advantage of Pirate mistakes.  Just hope the Pirates execute better when they play Huffman, ot they’ll lose that one too.  But that’s way down the road.

Bye week coming at a good time.  Gives them more time to work on cutting down on the mistakes and hopefully improve the kicking game.

4 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Bye week coming at a good time.  Gives them more time to work on cutting down on the mistakes and hopefully improve the kicking game.

I’m no football Coach or expert, but imo, getting out of that Shot T most of the time would be a good start.  Put the QB under the center.  Use it occasionally maybe, but rarely.  Jmo

23 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I’m no football Coach or expert, but imo, getting out of that Shot T most of the time would be a good start.  Put the QB under the center.  Use it occasionally maybe, but rarely.  Jmo

I agree, the defense has more time to see the ball an react to it. You lose the element of surprise and misdirection. Just that split second of the defense not knowing who has the ball makes a huge difference. IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Realville said:

I agree, the defense has more time to see the ball an react to it. You lose the element of surprise and misdirection. Just that split second of the defense not knowing who has the ball makes a huge difference. IMO. 

The shot-t eerily reminds of Auburn's offense that Mahzahn runs minus the passing! lol

42 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I thing it’s like anything. It limits you if that’s all you do. Check in and out of it. Call the play, line up in shotgun then go under center. And vice versa too. Keep the Defense guessing. Another bit of misdirection. Tendencies on offense are what gives a defense an edge. Take away some of the tendencies. 

4 hours ago, astros4141078 said:

I disagree it is fine when you play schools that you can physically manhandle but when you play schools like jasper there has to be more to it I have watched all 3 games vidor has played this year the offense is the most predictable offense I have seen in yrs the thing that makes the slot t great is misdirection jet sweep and toss and fb dive is not misdirection I was really expecting to see more out of the playbook tonight against jasper thought they was holding out for this game but I was wrong and what they got is probably good enough to win district but not a deep playoff run but no matter what I will always bleed black and gold kids played super hard last night get healthy and go win district 

We beat Jasper running basically the same offense in the playoffs last year.

5 hours ago, Realville said:

Great football game last night! Had some missed opportunities but the boys played hard like always. They got to see where they were at against a solid football team. Good game Jasper. Just continue to work hard an good things will happen. I do wonder sometimes why when we’re in a short yardage situation like 3rd and 2 why we don’t do more QB sneaks because they seem to be effective when we do them an if we don’t get it then do another. JMO. Time for District. Take these 2 weeks to tighten up some things an let’s go make some noise in District!  Go Pirates!

I'll never understand running short yardage out of the pistol like you guys do or the shotgun. It should be Power-O just about every time. You can always run play action off of it if you need to based on what the defense is doing. 

7 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

or MAYBE my friend you are incorrect. the JM era at Vidor started in 1999.  during that time 1999 thru 2019 the Pirates have 99 wins to 112 losses.

the points for Vidor in those 211 games = 5385

the points against Vidor in those  211 games = 4993

So really those point totals dont reflect a team that is 13 games under .500 during that 20 year span.  

they are 2-1  this season.

The record paired up with a +392 point differential tells me that the Pirates shoot themselves in the foot a lot in close games. Every team does that, but I would guess that the Pirates have had it happen more than a lot of teams. 

32 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

The record paired up with a +392 point differential tells me that the Pirates shoot themselves in the foot a lot in close games. Every team does that, but I would guess that the Pirates have had it happen more than a lot of teams. 

Yep we are definitely some sharp shooters, don’t even have to aim. When we take a loss it’s is USUALLY a very close game 1 or 2 scores and occasionally get a big blowout win against teams that can’t stop the run, so the plus point diff makes sense.

54 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

You know what happens when you shoot a Pirate in the foot? He becomes Bob! Not Good! 😁

4 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

You guys are a good group of fans. I'll be honest and say that I don't really pay a lot of attention to other teams unless we play them a lot, so Vidor was off the radar for me. Hopefully, you guys will become regulars on our pre-district schedule. 

All joking aside I do love my Pirates! I do believe they can make some noise this year in this district. They always play hard and tough an at the end of the day that’s all you can ask for. Good Luck to you guys. Go Pirates! 

8 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

or MAYBE my friend you are incorrect. the JM era at Vidor started in 1999.  during that time 1999 thru 2019 the Pirates have 99 wins to 112 losses.

the points for Vidor in those 211 games = 5385

the points against Vidor in those  211 games = 4993

So really those point totals dont reflect a team that is 13 games under .500 during that 20 year span.  

they are 2-1  this season.

Ohhhh so your saying they have more losses than wins. Got it. I get that change is tough for some. I think personally they leave some weapons off the table by not incorporating a passing game. And I know some Vidor fans agree.