Vidor at Jasper

Boneyard Boys

28 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

If we do have to cancel this game coach will be trying to schedule somebody the following week. No need for a bye then, is Newton available lol?

With this game being on turf in Jasper and the rain finishing up by Thursday I highly doubt this game gets cancelled. 

11 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

My friend which one of us Jasper posters have said anything to make you think that?  the Silsbee game was a close one for the DAWGS.  They were able to get the "W"  20>14.

Hey DAWG, does Jasper rely on the run more or pass?   I just know they’re good, but little else.

18 minutes ago, Who That said:

Run""...! Stop the two backs and yall can get this game. Don't and yall want..! 

I think we can stop the run or at least slow it. We may give up a couple hundred yards on the ground but it’s all about making key stops on 3rd down. I’d be surprised if our defense gave up a big 300+ yard rushing total. It’s the pass that has hurt us this year, mainly the big play through the air.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

With this game being on turf in Jasper and the rain finishing up by Thursday I highly doubt this game gets cancelled. 

Glad to hear Jasper has a Turf field. I don’t believe they had turf the last time we played there in 2015. Can’t wait for the game! Should be a good one!

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I think we can stop the run or at least slow it. We may give up a couple hundred yards on the ground but it’s all about making key stops on 3rd down. I’d be surprised if our defense gave up a big 300+ yard rushing total. It’s the pass that has hurt us this year, mainly the big play through the air.

I think the D line and linebackers has the ability to give Jasper fits. They are a handful!

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Jasper has a couple big dawgs on the o line. I think he said over 6ft and 300 lbs

I think Brazosport had a couple like that, but they couldn’t handle the Pirates D.   But they were pretty fat.   Over 6ft & 300 of mostly muscle, is another thing, lol.  I won’t be surprised with who wins.   If the winner wins over 7 points, that’ll be a surprise.   I’ve said Jasper is Vidor’s toughest opponent, but Vidor will certainly be better than Jasper has seen so far.  Gonna be a good one.

27 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I think Brazosport had a couple like that, but they couldn’t handle the Pirates D.   But they were pretty fat.   Over 6ft & 300 of mostly muscle, is another thing, lol.  I won’t be surprised with who wins.   If the winner wins over 7 points, that’ll be a surprise.   I’ve said Jasper is Vidor’s toughest opponent, but Vidor will certainly be better than Jasper has seen so far.  Gonna be a good one.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Jasper has a couple big dawgs on the o line. I think he said over 6ft and 300 lbs

Vidor has size on both sides of the line to hang with some big boys. Looking back at the previous games it looks like the Pirates have the distinct advantage of not having many or any players going two ways. Vidor has the numbers to field an offense and a defense. Not sure if Jasper or many teams in 4A can keep their athletes from playing both ways. The Pirates can and have been doing so in 5A play, in fact I wish they would let the best athletes play both ways. If you look at the film the other teams RBs are also the DBs, the last time I can remember Vidor using a player on both sides of the ball was Quirante playing linebacker and QB. Why we don’t do it anymore idk but if we get in a playoff must win situation I hope they do.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Vidor has size on both sides of the line to hang with some big boys. Looking back at the previous games it looks like the Pirates have the distinct advantage of not having many or any players going two ways. Vidor has the numbers to field an offense and a defense. Not sure if Jasper or many teams in 4A can keep their athletes from playing both ways. The Pirates can and have been doing so in 5A play, in fact I wish they would let the best athletes play both ways. If you look at the film the other teams RBs are also the DBs, the last time I can remember Vidor using a player on both sides of the ball was Quirante playing linebacker and QB. Why we don’t do it anymore idk but if we get in a playoff must win situation I hope they do.

Vidor will be a tough out for any team on that level.

1 hour ago, chefkland76 said:

I do believe that my Dogs will pull it out. If Vidor can stop #34 and #4 they have a shot to pull out the W.

Jasper can sling the rock if need be its just has not been a need just yet.  I see Vidor putting up points on Jasper because Jasper D has a hard time with this type of O.

Jasper 48

Vidor 28

I think jasper will squeeze out a w. But they want score no 48 points. I've seen both of yall play. Im telling u vidor is fixing to be a handful for yall. #34 will get his. #4adrian Thomas want have a big game against them.im telling you the way vidor controls the clock will shorten the game.

1 hour ago, chefkland76 said:

I do believe that my Dogs will pull it out. If Vidor can stop #34 and #4 they have a shot to pull out the W.

Jasper can sling the rock if need be its just has not been a need just yet.  I see Vidor putting up points on Jasper because Jasper D has a hard time with this type of O.

Jasper 48

Vidor 28

The only way that score happens is if Vidor has about 5 turnovers. If Vidor is moving the ball offensively on Jasper y’all want have enough time to put up those kind of numbers. Vidor will eat a lot of clock. Defensively #55 and #43 will give y’all fits all game. Vidor will give y’all all y’all want an then some. If Vidor doesn’t turn the ball  over I think Vidor wins this game.