Tarkington 21 Coldspring-Oakhust 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Can't remember the last time we lost to them or if we ever lost to them before but congrats Horns

So true i feel like maybe we had a mental let down. We mostly had basketball wars with Tarkington when i went to school. @TrojanWarrior08 as you previously stated no excuses or rudeness, hats off to Tarkington Longhorn. I have friends there so its just a game. If i do ascertain correctly, Tarkington had 2 or 3 blue chipper 3 stars players on the offense last year. We cannot win em all. Sounds like I missed a great game!  #nurseneedstobereleasedformyTrojans

6 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

I can remember the last time y’all lost to them! It was about 20 minutes ago! Good luck next week. Hook em 

What @Go-rilla that @TrojanWarrior08 was stating for football 🏈 records or annuals in the school history we HAVE NEVER LOST TO ANY TARKINGTON FOOTBALL 🏈 TEAM. Please keep it classy, we have always had amazing 😉 state caliber teams. With the exception of the past 5-6 years I team has taken a significant drop. There are big athletic kids at Coldspring who just do choose for whatever reason academically, parental influences of all ethnicities, socio-economic status. That simply do not have interest in football. A lot of kids are more interested in FFA, the new programs being afforded as result of the new additions to the school. Also, most of athletes play both ways. Fatigue is always factor when your players have to do that in the money “4th” quarter. 
We have always shown respect, supported to Tarkington Ladyhorns Volleyball. They are/were the Queens of this region.

there are instances when they underdogs in any sports 🏈 beat the favorites. CONGRATS TARKINGTON LONGHORNS FOOTBALL 🏈 GOOD LUCK ON PLAYOFF MARCH

Incorrect, it hasn't happened often, but this is at least the second time and possibly third, that Tarkington has beaten the Trojans, I believe the last coming in '02. Great win for the Horns, who needed a good showing after the tough loss last week. Coldspring will be just fine and make a playoff run, best of luck the rest of the way.

35 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Incorrect, it hasn't happened often, but this is at least the second time and possibly third, that Tarkington has beaten the Trojans, I believe the last coming in '02. Great win for the Horns, who needed a good showing after the tough loss last week. Coldspring will be just fine and make a playoff run, best of luck the rest of the way.

The '02 game Tarkington won 7-0. We felt like we had won the Super Bowl. Was our only win that year.

21 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Going through WOS87's database shows the Horns have beaten Coldspring sporadically throughout the series.  Didn't write down the overall record but they have about 6-8 wins total.

Thanks for the correct information!! Hats off to THE TARKINGTON LONGHORNS!! DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! I WISH YOU THE BEST IN YOUR NEW DISTRICT & PLAYOFF RUN!! THIS COLDSPRING TROJANS SUPPORTS & ROOTS FOR YOU ALL!! HOPE YOU HAVE A LONG PLAYOFF RUN!!! #GOLONGHORNS

On 9/19/2020 at 9:15 AM, Longhorn63 said:

The '02 game Tarkington won 7-0. We felt like we had won the Super Bowl. Was our only win that year.

I'm not so sure about that.  I believe that was the year that Tarkington beat Splendora in the last game of the year.  I could have sworn Tarkington had a winning record that year going into district. 

Or maybe I'm thinking 01?

EDIT:

I'm thinking 01.  Splendora beat Madisonville in the 2nd round of district and Tarkington beat Splendora in the last round of district.  I think it was the 1st time in maybe 8-10 years Tarkington had beat Splendora.