Best SETX teams that has not won a state championship

TrojanWarrior08

On 9/16/2020 at 1:52 PM, CardinalBacker said:

One of our better teams lost to CS 7-0 in the first round in 10 or 11.... that was one of our "good" teams that came up just short against WOS in District play (lost by four, turning it over on down in the red zone with time expiring) and then coming up short in the first round against CS.  

yea that was in 11 in Humble right?? yall was tough as hell that year and was legit

13 hours ago, dj said:

just for jasper dog .the 86-87 jasper bulldogs were the most dominant team to ever come through that didn't win a state title. Absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball.those 2yrs for them probably the most talented ever to come out of jasper. And not only that the silsbee teams that had foster,barnes,Matthews probably was the fastest team around. So no matter what year anyone might say. If u didn't see them yourself.some might not know now gud they were.

Yeah. Both of those teams were really good. 

8 hours ago, STiger85 said:

He was a thorn in our side, along with Tony Allen. We played one he(( of a game in 84 only difference was Allen two returns for TDs. 

Those guys were on the '83 and '84 teams that went 12-1 and lost to really good Willowridge ('83) and Tomball ('84) teams in the 3rd round of the playoffs. 

On 9/17/2020 at 5:54 PM, JasperDAWG said:

and the hits just keep on coming. check this out:

My class of 1991 had Ben Bronson who played in the NFL & he also played in the Arena Football League (he and Terence actually hooked back up as team mates on the Houston ThunderBears). Ben also played baseball for the Kansas City Royals organization 1996 to 1997.  LOL and to top it off in 2004 he was in the movie Friday Night Lights!

Ben's twin brother Bryan (who ran on the 4x100 record setting relay team) went on to be in the 1996 Olympics  and won Bronze in 1997 World Championship in the 400 meter hurdles.  He won 3 consecutive National titles 96-98.   *and would knock your lights out while playing in the secondary on the DAWGS team.

the two Bronsons & the two Davis (who we talked about all graduated along with me in 1991.

then low and behold the class of 1992 had Zach Bronson who as you posted played with the 49 ers. 

all those guys played Varsity in 1991 and lost to Lamarque in Bi-District (1st round) 32-22.

So yes sir you are absolutely right that it's amazing our little ole town had 4 players on 1991 varsity play NFL ball and an Olympic athlete! ( and for those who don't know there are quiet a few more DAWGS from over the years that played in NFL).  GO DAWGS GO!!!

Speaking of Olympics, what was the Jasper girl's name that also competed in the 96 Olympics?  We lived in San Antonio at the time and I was amazed that a City of over a million people was bragging that they had ONE athlete in the Olympics!!!  And little Jasper had two!

On 9/19/2020 at 12:59 AM, dBerrySports said:

2012 Newton: I got to Beaumont late that season and covered them starting in those playoffs. I thought they were for sure winning state that year, that loss to Cameron Yoe was a shock to me.

Also, 2014 WOS and Newton

Waskom smoked Newton in that game, in 2014

On 9/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, Hupernikomen said:

2002 Jasper.  1985 Jasper.  1988 Jasper.

The talent on those 3 teams were exceptional even for Jasper standards and each of them was more than capable of winning state.

I know there were some before those years too, but that is a little before my time.

All those years were absolutely heartbreakers. I was at all 3 of those games and remember the defeats quite well unfortunately.