Best SETX teams that has not won a state championship

TrojanWarrior08

4 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

We have a few rules that we will ask you to follow:

9) KEEP ON SUBJECT. Post to the section that is most appropriate for the topic being presented.

""""POST MOVED TO THE BASEBALL DISCUSSION  ***

I see what you did there, lol...

Well played, sir... well played. 

2 hours ago, trojans2012 said:

yea the early 90s Coldspring Trojans teams were stacked i think it was 90-93, 96, 2009,2010, 2011 teams were teams that should have won it 

One of our better teams lost to CS 7-0 in the first round in 10 or 11.... that was one of our "good" teams that came up just short against WOS in District play (lost by four, turning it over on down in the red zone with time expiring) and then coming up short in the first round against CS.  

48 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

He lives in in either Huntsville or Conroe... I bumped into him recently at Whataburger in Huntsville I don't know what he does now though

Wasn't his brother a stud at Huntsville and went on to make it in the NFL? Think he went to Okie Lite for college. 

just for jasper dog .the 86-87 jasper bulldogs were the most dominant team to ever come through that didn't win a state title. Absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball.those 2yrs for them probably the most talented ever to come out of jasper. And not only that the silsbee teams that had foster,barnes,Matthews probably was the fastest team around. So no matter what year anyone might say. If u didn't see them yourself.some might not know now gud they were.

8 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

WOOOOOO!! I know that's right!! my Silver &Blue friend I had the "frightful honor"  as coach walkoviak allowed us freshmen the privilege of being live tackling dummies (or as some may say "sitting ducks") about once a week to that Varsity team. 😃 

Y’all remember a RB named Reggie Davis around 83-84? That kid could fly!

2 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

how bout this tidbit of info:

His lil' bro John with whom I graduated with in '91 stands 6'5" about 230 lbs in highschool (he got bigger/heavier as time went on) .  Before going on to play @ Emporia State (he was a tightend) and 6 years in NFL *(he caught the td pass that won game and put Tampa Bay in Superbowl)

He was a member of Jasper's National record setting 4x100 relay team. The 39.9 time stood for about a decade before those boys from up around Dallas beat it.

That’s good stuff. I remember how happy I was when Reggie graduated. Lol. We finally got a win against Jasper my senior year. They were always good. 

4 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

needless to say the "Davis" bloodline was pretty good. lol terence Davis also ran on that said relay team.😲 

before he went on to 4 years of NFL and 6 years in Arena football league.

I was unaware of Terence playing in the NFL, but here it is.

"Continuing his football career, he played a total of nine years as a professional football player: 2 ½ years - NFL (Tampa Bay Bucs, Kansas City Chiefs, and Miami Dolphins) 2 years - NFL Europe (London Monarchs, Scottish Claymores) 6 years - AFL (Houston Thunderbears, Indiana Firebirds, and Arizona Rattlers)."

Amazing!  And Zack Bronson, eight years with the 49ers.  Three Jasper players off the same fotball team played in the NFL; four if you consider Ben Bronson's short time in Indianapolis I think it was.  Am I missing anyone?  And that 1990 team did not even make it out of District!  Amazing when you consider how many 3,000 student plus schools NEVER have anyone make it to the NFL.