East Chambers vs Lumberton

SeTX_PLMR

4 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Looks like a pretty good record for a place with the talent pool of Lumberton, if you ask me.  Not saying there is no talent there.  He's got a tall order to start the year, almost every year from the jump, so I give kudos to Mr. Babin for the work he has put into that program.

Yeah, you’re gonna get crickets from @Longhorn Fan1

5 hours ago, Phizz At said:

I didn't ,  I just shortened it to FIZZ AT for the day. I thought I would appear more "HIP" if I did so. FIZZ ATMO was my first choice but I figured ; the shorter the hipper. I can't grow a full beard , won't grow a handlebar mustache and dislike IPA beer so this is my last hope at being "HIP".

Please, don't blow out a hip trying to hip old timer. Lol

Lumberton looked pretty good in the first quarter, then the Coach went for it on 4th down did not make it, EC scores.  Then later in first half on his own 35 he goes for it AGAIN does not make it.... EC scores.  I think the Coach blew it for his team.  Don't get me wrong, they were not going to win but, each team scored on their first 2 possessions, and it was close until they shot themselves in the foot with going for it on 4th down.  I think it was fine the first time but, the 2nd time was a 4th and 2-3yds on your own 35!  Just not smart imo.  Also they ran the ball too much, one of EC''s few weaknesses is WR coverage.  The WR's were open and they kept running planned QB runs just weird.  I'd have to listen to the broadcast again but I think I am remembering it correctly

42 minutes ago, jdns said:

Lumberton looked pretty good in the first quarter, then the Coach went for it on 4th down did not make it, EC scores.  Then later in first half on his own 35 he goes for it AGAIN does not make it.... EC scores.  I think the Coach blew it for his team.  Don't get me wrong, they were not going to win but, each team scored on their first 2 possessions, and it was close until they shot themselves in the foot with going for it on 4th down.  I think it was fine the first time but, the 2nd time was a 4th and 2-3yds on your own 35!  Just not smart imo.  Also they ran the ball too much, one of EC''s few weaknesses is WR coverage.  The WR's were open and they kept running planned QB runs just weird.  I'd have to listen to the broadcast again but I think I am remembering it 

I understood the first 4th down attempt. I would assume the second 4th down attempt was due to the fact that the Raider D had not slowed EC down. It was a risk that came up one inch short after the measurement. I recall the QB running due to pressure more than called QB runs. The 97 yard fumble return for the EC TD is what killed me. If Lumberton scores on that play, it was gonna be a lot closer game! I feel like the Raiders are getting better. I have confidence that they will compete come district. 

5 hours ago, lsutigers20230 said:

I understood the first 4th down attempt. I would assume the second 4th down attempt was due to the fact that the Raider D had not slowed EC down. It was a risk that came up one inch short after the measurement. I recall the QB running due to pressure more than called QB runs. The 97 yard fumble return for the EC TD is what killed me. If Lumberton scores on that play, it was gonna be a lot closer game! I feel like the Raiders are getting better. I have confidence that they will compete come district. 

You are spot on with each assessment. Wasn’t a fumble though. EC player straight up ripped it out of his hands! Heads up play for EC. Kid from Lumberton let his guard down and it cost them. He’s a good kid too. Bad mental mistake. 

It’s difficult making a 180 degree change on offense.  Maybe it was a personnel thing?   Maybe for the future?   Regardless of the reason, it seems to have put this years class in a hole.   Only Raider hope is they’ll improve as the season progresses.

19 hours ago, lsutigers20230 said:

yes I agree that fumble recovery was the death nail, great play by Lumberton until the unfortunate fumble, and I didn't even know the ball came out until i saw Caesar with the ball running down the line!  I think they are a decent team, I just think their district will be very tough for them.