East Chambers vs Lumberton

SeTX_PLMR

15 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

DuBois doesn't have trouble with the parents at HJ, he might be right at home there seeing as it's his 2nd stint there. 😁

Right on MBG. Mathews has had 20 years at Vidor and Lumberton might need to realize that’s what it will take for a coach to build a program from nothing. Seems like they have a good start with Babin, just make sure he gets involved with the boys early on. If you can’t win over the parents you won’t have much success at the HS level. Get the parents to buy in early and their kid will want to play for you. Use the WOS model, them boys want to play for the Varsity team so bad nothing will stop them from achieving their goal.

1 minute ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

Like I said all the parents and kids never the coaches.  If a parent says anything they are upset because their kid is not playing.  Not the case here.  

You’re the one who said a kids last name influences who starts.. so yeah, that seems to be the case here. Tell your kid to go out there and work harder. Makes him a better player and young man and That usually works better than bashing the coach on a public forum.

6 minutes ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

Like I said all the parents and kids never the coaches.  If a parent says anything they are upset because their kid is not playing.  Not the case here.  

Lumberton made the playoffs 5 times Babin has done it 3 times as a head coach and twice as the OC. He’s a winner!! Sometimes you just don’t have the athletes  to compete. 

10 minutes ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

Only reason is 4 out of 6 go to the playoffs.  Ok that is a winner?  I give up yall are all correct he is the greatest coach ever and should never be criticized.  

What place was Lumberton last year in district? 2nd behind undefeated Huffman. So if only 2 were able to go to the playoffs, Lumberton would still have gone. Nobody said he’s the greatest coach ever. He’s a good coach though and a good person who cares about the kids. Just like Jeff over in Vidor. I’ll pick someone like that to look after my kid any day of the week. Lumberton’s success/failure is based on lots of things - Not just the coach, not just the kids, not just the community. All you have done is griped and complained. Do you have any constructive criticism? What should the coaches be doing differently based on the number of starting athletes that are sidelined with injuries? Your son is an awesome kid and a good athlete. I’ve known him since he was in elementary school. Quit embarrassing him and yourself. You’re an embarrassment. You always have been, and it’s not good for your son. 

23 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

It doesn't matter how long Babin is there if he keeps changing the playbook every single year.  It's like starting over every season. Lumberton has got to stick with a certain system for a extended length of time .

I can’t disagree about consistency, but I won’t say it has changed every single year. What’s tough is that if you don’t “produce” a winning product every year, then your job is up for grabs.

37 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

What place was Lumberton last year in district? 2nd behind undefeated Huffman. So if only 2 were able to go to the playoffs, Lumberton would still have gone. Nobody said he’s the greatest coach ever. He’s a good coach though and a good person who cares about the kids. Just like Jeff over in Vidor. I’ll pick someone like that to look after my kid any day of the week. Lumberton’s success/failure is based on lots of things - Not just the coach, not just the kids, not just the community. All you have done is griped and complained. Do you have any constructive criticism? What should the coaches be doing differently based on the number of starting athletes that are sidelined with injuries? Your son is an awesome kid and a good athlete. I’ve known him since he was in elementary school. Quit embarrassing him and yourself. You’re an embarrassment. You always have been, and it’s not good for your son. 

Lol you are a funny guy.  you obviously have no idea.

51 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

It doesn't matter how long Babin is there if he keeps changing the playbook every single year.  It's like starting over every season. Lumberton has got to stick with a certain system for a extended length of time .

Babin was Gun Run for his first four years. Lots of downhill run and play-action pass. He tweaked stuff every year but largely ran the same stuff. In year 5 he switched to the Slot-T. They won 7 games but he decided that their future looks better back in the gun. He went back to the gun this year with an elevated focus on the passing game. I respect your constructive criticism, but he hasn’t changed the offense “every year”. He changed last year, then changed back to the gun this year.

1 hour ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

Only reason is 4 out of 6 go to the playoffs.  Ok that is a winner?  I give up yall are all correct he is the greatest coach ever and should never be criticized.  

Lumberton has made the playoffs what 5 times in 55 years and the head coach has been a part of it all 5 years!!! You are clueless man !! 

1 hour ago, Fizz At said:

Got to be dedicated to a particular system or it negates your time spent there advantage. 

I'm not hating on him like some. Everyone wants the coaches head during the down years and they want him franchised during his good years.

I definitely agree about being dedicated to a system. I think/hope Babin is gonna stick with the system in place now. Lumberton has some really good young players coming through the system. I think the future is bright if they maintain continuity with the system and the coaching staff. 

21 hours ago, LC-M said:

CHRIS BABIN
8 years; 45-39-0; 5-1-0

—staff, Lumberton—
2012   Deweyville                   8-3-0*
2013   Deweyville                   9-2-0 R
2014   Warren                        1-9-0
2015   Lumberton                   7-4-0 F
2016   Lumberton                   3-6-0
2017   Lumberton                   4-5-0
2018   Lumberton                   6-6-0 R
2019   Lumberton                   7-4-0 R

Looks like a pretty good record for a place with the talent pool of Lumberton, if you ask me.  Not saying there is no talent there.  He's got a tall order to start the year, almost every year from the jump, so I give kudos to Mr. Babin for the work he has put into that program.

13 minutes ago, Fizz At said:

I didn't ,  I just shortened it to FIZZ AT for the day. I thought I would appear more "HIP" if I did so. FIZZ ATMO was my first choice but I figured ; the shorter the hipper. I can't grow a full beard , won't grow a handlebar mustache and dislike IPA beer so this is my last hope at being "HIP".

Now we're talking alternative personalities for our anonymous online alternative personalities... I like it, just call me ByB.