East Chambers vs Lumberton

SeTX_PLMR

1 minute ago, spidersal said:

He is a good person and coaches hard. He is now 27-28 at lumberton. He does a great job of getting people to play. His 1st head coaching job was Houston Scarborough who is always bad. He did about as good as you can do. Dewey I’ll was his 2nd head coaching stint and he did well because the players had some toughness. Warren had players that were very soft, slow, and used to losing. At lumberton, they are slow, soft, and have low expectations 

I agree. I do think there is a softness. I hope one day it will change for the program. 

38 minutes ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

I don't think 7-4 is right from last year they didn't play the Jasper game.  20 min. Lightning delay and Lumberton got on the bus and went home.  But they were able to play football in Newton that night.

That was a mutual decision by both coaches. But keep trying to make Babin look bad. You’re not succeeding judging by the responses on here.

1 hour ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

I don't think 7-4 is right from last year they didn't play the Jasper game.  20 min. Lightning delay and Lumberton got on the bus and went home.  But they were able to play football in Newton that night.

It is correct:

LUMBERTON RAIDERS (7-4, 3-2)

Aug. 30 - at Jasper, ccl

Sept. 6 - at Kirbyville, 52-7

Sept. 13 - Houston Furr, 34-13

Sept. 20 - Tomball Concordia Lutheran, ccl

Sept. 21 - Evadale, 54-6

Sept. 27 - Silsbee, 12-24

Oct. 4 - OPEN

Oct. 11 - at Huffman Hargrave, 18-35*

Oct. 18 - at Livingston, 21-9*

Oct. 25 - Bridge City, 29-0*

Nov. 1 - at Splendora, 7-14*

Nov. 8 - Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 24-20 (OT)*

Nov. 14 - Houston Wheatley, 34-17**

Nov. 22 - Carthage, 17-55**

1 hour ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

He has been trying to leave for 3 years and can't get hired anywhere else.  Has nothing to do with support from the community if you act like a jerk people are never going to support you.

With folks like you, can you blame him for looking elsewhere? I mean this is a guy who is a Lumberton grad, came back to be an OC (twice) and to be a head coach and this is how he gets treated?  And this was before he even set foot on campus.

Folks like me?  What people that don't drink the kool-aid.  You sure like you some Babin.  Look at what you posted Kirbyville, Furr, and Evadale that is how a big 4A pads the record. I honestly do not think he runs a good program and the results show that.  He has been very lucky staying in 4A and being in a weak district.  

“Lumberton has been competitive every year Babin has been there. His non-district schedule always has balance - you are sighting Kirbyville, Furr, and Evadale (which was an impromptu game). You are leaving out Jasper, Silsbee, HF, East Chambers. They play good teams and weaker teams. They win some and lose some. Football participation is higher than its ever been at Lumberton and fans show up every week in support. Obviously you don’t like Babin for some personal reason on top of the fact that you are mad that your son isn’t on the field in front of some other kid with “a certain last name”. You are a bad Lumberton citizen. You are publicly hurting your kids program with your eyes wide open. Shame on you.”

2 hours ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

Folks like me?  What people that don't drink the kool-aid.  You sure like you some Babin.  Look at what you posted Kirbyville, Furr, and Evadale that is how a big 4A pads the record. I honestly do not think he runs a good program and the results show that.  He has been very lucky staying in 4A and being in a weak district.  

No folks like you meaning chill out and quit whining. Your son will be a starter next year. Quit having a sore butt. You’re gonna slip on all those tears you’re crying and sprain your female parts.