East Chambers vs Lumberton

SeTX_PLMR

8 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yes enrollment numbers

2 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

Lumberton has size ? Are you referring to enrollment size ?From  what I watched of the Silsbee/Lumberton game, Lumberton is very small.

i have seen both teams play and i'm willing to bet EC wins by 14-20 points

5 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

Since Lumberton was the larger school, I thought they might have more size on the line.  But them boys from Winnie may eat a little more rice and gravy.

3 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

Lumberton has size ? Are you referring to enrollment size ?From  what I watched of the Silsbee/Lumberton game, Lumberton is very small.

And lets all be honest with ourselves....East Chambers has 30-35 kids on varsity every year with 12-20 seniors participating so its not like they are lacking when it comes to getting the most out of their program.  there is literally one school in the state that may do better in this classification when it comes to participation

See: Brock 

Even though EC has struggled a little defending the passing game, they still have their best athletes playing the DB positions.  Last week Boykin over threw a lot of balls, if he can hit those open receivers this week they COULD stay with EC.   The EC running game is just so good and even when they do decide to pass Perrault can tuck it an run for 40+.  He escaped some Longhorns last week and made me think of Deshaun Watson the way he escaped!  I can't wait for this game... Ground v Air, gonna be a lot of action for sure!

In the end I think EC wins by two scores.

SETXsports.com Audio Broadcast Link: 

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

I just can’t understand why a D1 4A program can’t compete with smaller schools. Is it a lack of talent, a lack of effort, poor coaching, or a combination. They were good in 2097 and 2008, but other than that not very 

many thoughts on the reason

To be honest. I think it has to do with mental toughness. I know some guys on the 07,08 and 09 Team they would grind it out. I think it’s no reason for Lumberton Not  to have a good football ball team but it takes the community to support the program and not crying to the coach if he’s yelling at a kid. 

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

To be honest. I think it has to do with mental toughness. I know some guys on the 07,08 and 09 Team they would grind it out. I think it’s no reason for Lumberton Not  to have a good football ball team but it takes the community to support the program and not crying to the coach if he’s yelling at a kid. 

Mental toughness. @BMTSoulja1 cue Dove ☕😁

8 hours ago, spidersal said:

I just can’t understand why a D1 4A program can’t compete with smaller schools. Is it a lack of talent, a lack of effort, poor coaching, or a combination. They were good in 2097 and 2008, but other than that not very 

many thoughts on the reason

Sometimes you just have to have a few good athletes. 

7 hours ago, LC-M said:

I think you’re spot on for lots of programs. I just do t think that’s the case in this instance.