SETX Player Rankings

Cardinal 1

13 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

You got a point.  They haven't stepped on the court as varsity players yet.   The fact that D Miller plays  RB on the football team  concerns me too about as much as it should.  His choice.

His ticket to the next level is football, not basketball. He may be a super basketball player, but football is his real game.

43 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

His ticket to the next level is football, not basketball. He may be a super basketball player, but football is his real game.

He his dad was basketball star.  I dunno if he played football or not.  He also has a grand uncle who got a Super Bowl ring with the steelers during the steel curtain era.  He may be the only person from Silsbee that has that.  And another grand uncle who was a stellar basketball pg for Silsbee circa 1969, 1970.  So u are probably right.  He has the dna and bloodline for both sports.

16 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

He his dad was basketball star.  I dunno if he played football or not.  He also has a grand uncle who got a Super Bowl ring with the steelers during the steel curtain era.  He may be the only person from Silsbee that has that.  And another grand uncle who was a stellar basketball pg for Silsbee circa 1969, 1970.  So u are probably right.  He has the dna and bloodline for both sports.

His dad Chris was a star football player on that 1998 regional final team.

His dad will tell you (like he has told me) that Draylon's ticket is football. From what I see of the young man, I agree with his dad.

4 hours ago, whsalum said:

Any area list that doesn’t have Kevin Foster in the top 10 needs to spend more time in the gym. With today’s playoff format simply making the playoffs should not carry much weight. 

I agree!

These guys throwing out these coach rankings simply haven't been around enough or have not seen enough of the area to be making any kind of ranking.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

His dad Chris was a star football player on that 1998 regional final team.

His dad will tell you (like he has told me) that Draylon's ticket is football. From what I see of the young man, I agree with his dad.

Couple of years ago, Silsbee had a home & and away series of basketball games with The Woodlands high school.  I was at the game in the Woodlands and Chris & I struck up a conversation.  He is the one who clued me in on his uncles and their sports accomplishments, etc. I remember both uncles.  I didn't keep up with Silsbee when Chris was playing ball in both sports.  I knew he was a basketball star.  I used to listen to KTSU radio when he played for that University, just like I listened to his uncle, ..Garrett who played pg for Silsbee around 1969.  I would listen in on Silsbee radio station KKAS.   His sister was a classmate of mine.  My half brother was on the basketball team with him.   it was a good conversation.  Nice guy.

16 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

I'm not trying to disrespect anyone!  I think these dudes are all good coaches.  I just think that Lumberton and Hampshire Fannett are on the rise.  If Mitchell can win year in year out with average Lumberton kids whats he gonna do with a Division 1 kid?  He mentored Rideaux and now Rideaux has talent to go with his expertise.  

From what I heard Redeaux may have mentored him...he just had the title from what some say...

7 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

From what I heard Redeaux may have mentored him...he just had the title from what some say...

2 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Lol at this post, from what some say?? I have never heard that ever come on man. 

They both would tell you it was very much a collaboration and they both learned from each other.  Tigee always carried a bigger load than your average assistant, going back to his days as an assistant at Central under Coach Paul.  All you had to do is go to one of the Jags’ games or practices and see he was extremely active on that bench.  As with most really good coaches, Coach Mitchell knee what he had when he hired Rideaux and utilized him to the fullest.  They were fun to watch. 

On 9/18/2020 at 1:11 PM, bballfan342 said:

Imagine thinking Lumberton basketball is "fun to watch". You need to get out more. 

Aw come on man!  Those boys play hard and the community is out to support them.  Add a coach that demands excellence and it is fun to watch!!!  L-Town has on of the best gameday atmospheres around!!!

On 9/13/2020 at 10:05 PM, whsalum said:

I know everyone has a different opinion but are you saying the 3rd best player in the area was on a losing team last year that got beat by 30 by Lumberton and lost to West Hardin? Your #10 guy was a JV player on a team that didn’t win their district? Surely Memorial has some players who belong on this list. 

Teams lose to better teams, how a player plays against those teams tells who they are. Scoring 39 against West Hardin and 26 against Lumberton in a losing effort isn't a reflection on the player at all. He's there because of his state ranking in his class and previous two years. He's joining a team that has talent this year. Dorsey was the starting PG for HF and if anyone saw him play, they would know he's legit. Anyway that was my list and opinion, which I figure would have others post theirs so that folks could see every player in the area. 

On 9/13/2020 at 10:47 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

All depends on what you consider SETX.

If it is what this site goes by (every team in all the districts that we cover) then your list will be leaving out several deserving players.

Players like the following:

Kaleb Stewart       Atascocita

Javon Jackson      Summer Creek

LaVar Johnson       CE King

Reyce Allen             Summer Creek

Tom Hart               Atascocita

Christian Ashby     Atascocita

Cameron Morris     Atascocita

Jacob Harvey         Huffman

Justin Collins         Atascocita

Jakori Marshall      North Shore

PJ Haggerty            Crosby

Amaree Abram       Summer Creek

Sam Bradford          Goose Creek Memorial

Sean Elkington        Crosby

Karter Dutton           Summer Creek

Jaylen Johnson        Summer Creek

Conner Miller            Summer Creek

Joey Hubbard          New Caney

Demi Areola             Kingwood

Angel Johnson       Atascocita

Avant Coleman       Goose Creek Memorial

Clovis McCain         Texas City

Marquis Neal           Channelview

Just to name a few.

That's Houston area

On 9/14/2020 at 12:07 AM, Hooohead.com said:

From reading past post sounds like this could be Mr. Ardoin...if so let your sons game speak for itself 

😂 no just some one who knows hoops both during high school season and summer. You can't deny a kid's talent when 4 ranking systems has him on it. My list was based on the players that were on those list from our area. The top 9 were on all 4 ranking systems, then you break it down by skill and stats. I don't know every player in SETX because a lot of them just play for their school and not AAU or high profile camps. Arceneaux, Yates, Porchie, Ardoin, Sears, Dorsey, Dews, Brock, and Jackson  (Abrams as well he just moved to summer Creek from memorial and is now considered Houston area) all are ranked in multiple rankings, all are selected for high profile camps such as the Pangos, SW Exposure, Next Wave, OTR Exposure camp, etc... If there are other kids in SETX with those credentials then post them so everyone can see. The objective is to know all the players in our area, not criticize kids because of personal opinions. 

On 9/12/2020 at 11:25 PM, Cardinal 1 said:

Who do you think the top 10 are in SETX this upcoming year? Class doesn't matter.

PNG kid Brady Nail. 3 year Letterman in both basketball and football. Good athlete.  Plays PG and makes plays on both ends. All district honors in both sports. Played with a broken wrist in a playoff loss but dropped 18 pts and played some great defense on D1 kid.  Under the radar kid to watch.