WO-S/Newton

WOSdrummer99

11 hours ago, dj said:

There defense is legit. As the season goes along they will get even better.lbs and secondary strengths.but its not abt running any score up.they have to find consistency on offense for up the road.pop is a 3yr starter and its time for him to cash in.the offense has struggle with t/o and inconsistent running game.even with gales and #3,shaw.and if they offense clicks early. There gonna be a tough out for anyone. If its played next Friday u want be disappointed.in what I just said.

Well Newton will be pulling for WOS this season as always with the exception of Friday night lol. I just hope we don’t sit through another blowout Friday! 

15 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

This is good to know.,you mentioned some teams in your early post  that will  be contenders as well. You forgot one those pesty Brahma bulls are a very good team. They have a big running back and their defense is good and big.

Right now the Brahmas defense isn’t the worry for teams if I’m being honest lol

27 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Wished we could give y’all better game. Afraid this one is going to disappoint.

It should be closer than expectations based on the jasper game. Make no mistakes, jasper is good and IMO has a real shot this year. @ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING picked them over everybody and we see why. No losses to top 10 teams so far. I think newton wasn't fully prepared and the kids didn't have a normal routine leading up to the game. WOS has the depth and weapons to do the same as the dawgs. But it's the first game and this year it's anybody's guess.

WOS 2020

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It should be closer than expectations based on the jasper game. Make no mistakes, jasper is good and IMO has a real shot this year. @ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING picked them over everybody and we see why. No losses to top 10 teams so far. I think newton wasn't fully prepared and the kids didn't have a normal routine leading up to the game. WOS has the depth and weapons to do the same as the dawgs. But it's the first game and this year it's anybody's guess.

WOS 2020

Yeah baby my CRYSTAL ball is looking good.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Has anybody seen when ticket sales open for fans? Is it online, at the gate, or a certain time frame to purchase at the school? Please any info would be appreciated. 

FROM THE OFFICE OF ATHLETICS Tickets for the WOS Home Varsity football game vs. Newton on Friday, September 18th at 7:30pm, will be on sale in the Athletic Office the following dates and times:

This is the hidden content, please

55 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

FROM THE OFFICE OF ATHLETICS Tickets for the WOS Home Varsity football game vs. Newton on Friday, September 18th at 7:30pm, will be on sale in the Athletic Office the following dates and times:

Thanks. I just received a text and was gonna post the link. Looks like I'll be there friday night.

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You’re being nice, aren’t you?...

I really don't think he is.  While Jasper is that good, I think Newton had a bit of rust to shake off.  The Mustangs will have that problem this week.  They practiced about a total of 8 days since closing school to evacuate fpr Laura and haven't been on the field against another school since their scrimmage with Vidor back on August 20th. 

Not to say that the Eagles still don't have some rust to shake off. But one of the precious few positives that they can take from that game is that they did get some playing time in.  I expect the Stangs to have some of the same issues that Newton had last week.

Do the Mustangs win?  I think so.  Do they blow Newton out? No.

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I really don't think he is.  While Jasper is that good, I think Newton had a bit of rust to shake off.  The Mustangs will have that problem this week.  They practiced about a total of 8 days since closing school to evacuate fpr Laura and haven't been on the field against another school since their scrimmage with Vidor back on August 20th. 

Not to say that the Eagles still don't have some rust to shake off. But one of the precious few positives that they can take from that game is that they did get some playing time in.  I expect the Stangs to have some of the same issues that Newton had last week.

Do the Mustangs win?  I think so.  Do they blow Newton out? No.

That’s fair. I would say it would be 3 scores though. Most importantly, I hope they (Both teams) get some much needed playing time under their belt, and those seniors get to play some football. 

On 9/14/2020 at 11:17 AM, SmashMouth said:

Could you sway your crystal ball to hook Lumberton up against EC Bucs this week? 🤭

Early  prediction THE CRYSTAL BALL  HAS IT EC 21 RAIDERS 17. I dont make the pics the ball does my friend but tomorrow its will give me the final prediction so stay tuned.

Newton will end being a very good 3A football team this year. For the past 4 years, Newton has been one of the top teams in the entire state from 4A D1 and down. Newton is back down to reality and will compete well against any 3A team, just not the top 4A teams anymore. Though, playing Jasper and WOS before hitting the small 3A teams will help Newton's young players out tremendously. I honestly see Newton possibly bringing home a state title next year. Back to this game, WOS by 2 touchdowns. Go Eagles!