Lumberton 14 Silsbee 56/FINAL

WOSgrad

13 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

Dang Lumberton needs to learn to take care of the ball. It looks like they got penalties under control but Silsbee has scored at least 42 of their points on turnovers.

Lumberton had 4 turnovers (2 fumbles, 2 INT's). Two were returned for TD's and the other two set up 2 TD's.

28 points off turnovers, not 42.

5 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Only excuse you can make for Foster is he's playing with a lot of new kids on offense. Maybe they need a few games together before things start to improve. He doesn't get better in the very near future, then maybe it's time for a change.

I wouldn’t say a change, but there needs to be a heart to heart talk.  This the starting QB for TWO state simifinal teams.  Can’t throw that to the wayside.  The experience and talent is there somewhere...

Just a few quick stats:

Raiders      0 - 7 -  0-7          14

Tigers      22-14-13-7          56

Silsbee                                       Lumberton

Passing

R. Foster           2-5-11-0-0       D. Boykin   17-35-188-0-2

Mas. Brisbane  2-2-15-1-0

Rushing                                      

M. Jones         8-170  4TDs     C. Sellers       13-46  TD

K. Lockett      10-91                  D. Boykin       13-8    TD

M. Dodd           7-54                  K. Marcantel   2-2

D. Miller            6-24                 C. Danna          1-8

R. Baltrip          4-26  TD

Receiving 

R. Baltrip           2-6                   T. Kersh           4-49

Q. Kelly              1-11  TD          K. Marcantel  3-46

Max Brisbane   1-8                   B. Fuselier      3-43

N. Stapleton   2-16

C. Flowers      1-18

B. Mercer        1-10

Total Yards     414                                  249

First Downs       17                                    19

TOP                21:13                               26:47

Turnovers          1                                       4

11 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Silsbee only had 26 yds total passing?

Now I understand the talk about replacing the QB.

Only 7 total attempts between the two QB's the entire game. (rushing for 390 yards kind of keeps the passing attempts down)

Foster did have two completions for about a total of 25 yards that were negated by penalties. He could have gone 4-7 for 36 yards.

30 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Only 7 total attempts between the two QB's the entire game. (rushing for 390 yards kind of keeps the passing attempts down)

Foster did have two completions for about a total of 25 yards that were negated by penalties. He could have gone 4-7 for 36 yards.

Maybe instead of sticking with the rush, they should have tried to get the pass going. Sounds like the more he throws the better he gets. I'm sorry but those 2 completions were like a no contest... they don't count. Predictions for next week... 2-14 for 18 yds. Unless more yellow hankies

9 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Maybe instead of sticking with the rush, they should have tried to get the pass going. Sounds like the more he throws the better he gets. I'm sorry but those 2 completions were like a no contest... they don't count. Predictions for next week... 2-14 for 18 yds. Unless more yellow hankies

Correct on the potential 2 completions. Don't count.

Coach Smith is going to run the ball till a team stops him and he is not going to start passing the ball when up by 4+ TD's.

I expect the passing game to get better as the season progresses just like it has since Smith took over as head coach.

Silsbee will have to get better at passing the ball to advance deep into the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Correct on the potential 2 completions. Don't count.

Coach Smith is going to run the ball till a team stops him and he is not going to start passing the ball when up by 4+ TD's.

I expect the passing game to get better as the season progresses just like it has since Smith took over as head coach.

Silsbee will have to get better at passing the ball to advance deep into the playoffs.

Wow thanks for responding and locking it.

When another team does stop the run is not the time to "try" the pass. He needs practice against quality varsity players under the Friday night lights. Not JV on the practice field.

Oh wait, nevermind. Why am I trying to help the competition? Carry on coach smith.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Wow thanks for responding and locking it.

When another team does stop the run is not the time to "try" the pass. He needs practice against quality varsity players under the Friday night lights. Not JV on the practice field.

Oh wait, nevermind. Why am I trying to help the competition? Carry on coach smith.

Locking it? What are you talking about?

On 9/11/2020 at 11:50 PM, spidersal said:

lumberton coaches need to sit down and try to figure out why they are so bad. Are they not teaching fundamentals, is the new offense too complicated, are they playing the wrong personnel, is it a lack of talent?  Hopefully they can figure it out.  After that they need to meet with the team and try and find out why they won’t compete.  I know Silsbee has much more talent than Lumberton, but this score is ridiculous 

Maybe they can drop down to a lower classification.😄