Jasper 63 Newton 20 FINAL

WOSgrad

17 minutes ago, dj said:

Newton upfront isn't that gud against bigger teams.there inexperienced is showing right now.they have a long way to go. Jasper will need to do something besides running limerick and thomas.thats not gonna work against better teams.

Newton plays bigger teams consistently and beats a lot of them, especially in the past 5 years. But you are right, we’re very inexperienced and have a long way to go. Jasper looks good but do need to do more than running those 2 RB’s to beat better teams.

10 minutes ago, NEagles95 said:

Newton plays bigger teams consistently and beats a lot of them, especially in the past 5 years. But you are right, we’re very inexperienced and have a long way to go. Jasper looks good but do need to do more than running those 2 RB’s to beat better teams.

Newton coaches will have them 10 better by district. 

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Ouch... when is the last time Newton got smoked like that? And Jasper... we have to play them at their place in two weeks.

In 2015 they lost by 42 to WOS. We won state that year. Maybe that's a sign of what Jasper is capable of this year. So far, Dawgs "haven't lost" to a ranked team in 2020.

11 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

In 2015 they lost by 42 to WOS. We won state that year. Maybe that's a sign of what Jasper is capable of this year. So far, Dawgs "haven't lost" to a ranked team in 2020.

True. Maybe Jasper will finally get a title. Not saying Jasper isn’t good but Newton needs a lot of work. 

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

5 hours ago, NEagles95 said:

True. Maybe Jasper will finally get a title. Not saying Jasper isn’t good but Newton needs a lot of work. 

Must be nice to have a goal of state title every year you two lol. We just want to win the dc and make a little noise in the playoffs. Lucky to be 1-0 right now but if we beat Jasper I think that 0 might be there until the end of the season.

24 minutes ago, Balanor said:

Jasper is one of the top 4A schools in state with over twice the enrollment than Newton. Newton will be just fine once they get back to a little normalcy and play schools closer to their size. 

I sure wish Silsbee and Jasper could schedule a rematch though! 

I’m not saying your using it as a crutch for Newton or anything but enrollment was never a issue or mentioned when Newton was beating the bigger schools. This was a quality win for Jasper IMO. People were saying the same when we beat Cameron Yoe last week. But I do agree that Newton will get it together.

5 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Must be nice to have a goal of state title every year you two lol. We just want to win the dc and make a little noise in the playoffs. Lucky to be 1-0 right now but if we beat Jasper I think that 0 might be there until the end of the season.

Beating WOS is almost the equivalent of winning state to Newton, lol. 

Newton able to afford some decent looking uniforms that all match yet with modern helmets? Gosh a few years back, at AT&T stadium nonetheless, the poor Eagles had mismatching uniforms with incredibly outdated helmets. I wanted to start a go fund me for them. I mean these guys have been incredibly successful and the school district can’t bite the bullet and outfit them in some top of the line uniforms and equipment? JMO

16 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Now i wonder what Jasper would've done to Wos tonight....(stirs spoon😁)

Truthfully, not much different than what they did do to Newton for a couple of reasons!

First and foremost, Jasper is that good.

Secondly, though, I think you have seen what a layoff involving no games and sporadic practice can do to a team.

That is the reason Newton has a better chance with WO-S than many think right now.

3 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Truthfully, not much different than what they did do to Newton for a couple of reasons!

First and foremost ,Jasper is that good.

Secondlym though, I think you have seen what a layoff involving no games and sporadic practice can do to a team.

That is the reason Newton has a better chance with WO-S than many think right now.

If Newton somehow nips WOS in 2020............... Know what, im just gonna stop right there. 😁

35 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Newton able to afford some decent looking uniforms that all match yet with modern helmets? Gosh a few years back, at AT&T stadium nonetheless, the poor Eagles had mismatching uniforms with incredibly outdated helmets. I wanted to start a go fund me for them. I mean these guys have been incredibly successful and the school district can’t bite the bullet and outfit them in some top of the line uniforms and equipment? JMO

Got new helmets last year with WT’s initials on them. Not sure about uniforms.