Can You Hear Me Now?

UT alum

14 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I really appreciate that you took the time to read that. Thanks.  I just took from it that BT wasn’t the ex gf from two years ago, and was likely up to her eyeballs in the illegal activities. I knew a guy one time that called his Xanax as “footballs“ in passing and I mentioned to my gf that he calling his meds by their names... that was street slang. I kinda got the same impression when BT was talking about Big Doug being in the “trap.” It indicates that she’s a little more familiar with the drug enterprise than we would have preferred. 
The police didn’t know where they would find Jamarcus. He’d used BT’s address as his own within the last month... it was entirely possible that he (a dangerous subject, unlike BT) would be at her house. I’m aware that they had already arrested him a few hours earlier, so it’s possible that the police knocked at BT’s door before blasting in because they no longer felt that the danger was imminent. I’ll be honest... I believe the police version of “we announced” about as much as I believe the neighbor’s account of “they didn’t announce.”  Kinda like when eyewitness swore that Michael Brown had his hands up when in reality that was just what they’d been told.  I really wish we had definitive proof. 
I’m pretty sure that they were done executing warrants right about that time that the shootout happened. 
I mostly took from the report that Breonna wasn’t as far removed from the business as we were initially led to believe, and that including her place in the group of warrants was reasonable, not an error. 
I also saw where Louisville went on ahead and paid the family 12 milly before the investigation even wrapped up.  That’s laughable. 

1. Of course BT was very familiar with the drug enterprise. She’d dated a mid level drug dealer. Not to mention anyone under 40 who hasn’t been living under a rock know’s what a trap is. That doesn’t make you a part of a drug operation. 

2. The police knew exactly where they would find Jamarcus. They found him the same night they raided BT’s apartment and many more times before and after that. Each time they found him at the trap spot on Elliot Ave. He wasn’t hard to find at all. They knew he wasn’t at BT’s because they have made that clear in publicized statements.

3. Rather they knocked or not is not the issue. The issue is rather they announced themselves. Kenny had never been in trouble his whole life. I don’t think he would have willingly made his first criminal act attempted murder against law enforcement. It doesn’t work like that. He had no reason to shoot at cops had he known they were cops. They didn’t announce themselves. But I’m glad you admitted you just automatically took the cops word.

4. There’s no reason to raid BT’s apartment at all. There was no proof she was involved in criminal activity and there was no unusual traffic or anything like that going on at her address. So why would they raid her apartment and not Muhammad Ali Blvd?

5. Good for her family on the settlement but that doesn’t fix reckless police work. 

3 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I took a step or 2 in a none threatening manner and he drew down. I almost lost my life while trying to be respectful to a cop who was harassing me for no good reason. 

After that did you stop? And when you said you almost lost your life, did he fire and miss? And when you said you took a few steps in a none threatening manner, do you think he felt they were non-threatening? You should put yourself in his shoes. And quit exaggerating. Your life was never in danger. 

21 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I took a step or 2 in a none threatening manner and he drew down. I almost lost my life while trying to be respectful to a cop who was harassing me for no good reason. 

How do you know if he was harrassing you if you couldnt hear him?   How did you already know it was for no good reason?

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

1. Of course BT was very familiar with the drug enterprise. She’d dated a mid level drug dealer. Not to mention anyone under 40 who hasn’t been living under a rock know’s what a trap is. That doesn’t make you a part of a drug operation. 

2. The police knew exactly where they would find Jamarcus. They found him the same night they raided BT’s apartment and many more times before and after that. Each time they found him at the trap spot on Elliot Ave. He wasn’t hard to find at all. They knew he wasn’t at BT’s because they have made that clear in publicized statements.

3. Rather they knocked or not is not the issue. The issue is rather they announced themselves. Kenny had never been in trouble his whole life. I don’t think he would have willingly made his first criminal act attempted murder against law enforcement. It doesn’t work like that. He had no reason to shoot at cops had he known they were cops. They didn’t announce themselves. But I’m glad you admitted you just automatically took the cops word.

4. There’s no reason to raid BT’s apartment at all. There was no proof she was involved in criminal activity and there was no unusual traffic or anything like that going on at her address. So why would they raid her apartment and not Muhammad Ali Blvd?

5. Good for her family on the settlement but that doesn’t fix reckless police work. 

When Jamarcus listed Breonna's place as his home address as recently as February, he guaranteed that the police would go there if they hadn't already found him.  Stop making excuses.  Even Jamarcus and the rest of his gang understood the situation for what it was.  Kenny got Breonna killed.  Their words, not mine.  Actually, Jamarcus said "If I'd been there that night, she'd still be alive because I don't shoot at cops."

Boom. 

40 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I hadn’t done anything 

I’m a white guy and if I venture into a predominantly black party of town, late at night, where there is a high incidence of drug selling, cops would pull me over because I look suspicious. Really, that’s all they need. I didn’t do anything. I was just riding around killing time. That’s why I would like to hear his side. 

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

When Jamarcus listed Breonna's place as his home address as recently as February, he guaranteed that the police would go there if they hadn't already found him.  Stop making excuses.  Even Jamarcus and the rest of his gang understood the situation for what it was.  Kenny got Breonna killed.  Their words, not mine.  Actually, Jamarcus said "If I'd been there that night, she'd still be alive because I don't shoot at cops."

Boom. 

Am I making excuses or are you making excuses for the cops? They knew Jamarcus didn’t live there and they definitely knew he wasn’t there on that night. It’s all on record. In fact records initially showed they had already arrested him on Elliot Ave before they raided BT’s apartment. They later changed it to make it appear it all happened at the same time. 

Of course Marcus wouldn’t shoot at the cops because he would be expecting them. Kenny didn’t live a life of crime so he wasn’t expecting cops to be kicking down his door at midnight. He suspected it was more likely to be robbers than cops. That’s why he shot at the cops in “plain clothes” who didn’t announce themselves. 

53 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I hadn’t done anything 

You may have not done anything.  He may have needed information from you regarding a nearby incident.  Sounds to me  like you "assumed" he was harrassing you and that is something you learned at home and probably will teach at home.  Very unhealthy.  Just as it is wrong for  a policeman to assume that every black person is a criminal, it is equally wrong for a black person to assume a police officer seeks an opportunity to harm said black person.

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Am I making excuses or are you making excuses for the cops? They knew Jamarcus didn’t live there and they definitely knew he wasn’t there on that night. It’s all on record. In fact records initially showed they had already arrested him on Elliot Ave before they raided BT’s apartment. They later changed it to make it appear it all happened at the same time. 

Of course Marcus wouldn’t shoot at the cops because he would be expecting them. Kenny didn’t live a life of crime so he wasn’t expecting cops to be kicking down his door at midnight. He suspected it was more likely to be robbers than cops. That’s why he shot at the cops in “plain clothes” who didn’t announce themselves. 

When you associate with dangerous felons there are inherent risks. Don’t associate with felons.