Can You Hear Me Now?

UT alum

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And those 1000 people were all just wanting skittles and doing nothing wrong?

I don’t know how you figure death is something to constantly make light of. Of course my guess would be at least 99% of them were guilty of some type of criminal activity. Or at least I really hope so. Some were completely innocent which should never happen. Some of the killings were completely unavoidable and that’s understandable. But based off the numbers of other countries that require more training for police officers, at least 75% of the killings could be avoided. 

I am making light of your logic or lack thereof.  Precisely how do you know how many were completely innocent?  How do you know what countries require more training for police officers?  That sounds great but I think you  have absolutely ZERO idea about how any country trains its peace officers.  When an individual has been retained by police, tries to escape, and is tasered and because of the drugs in his system, the taser has no impact on him and he then tries to  harm the officer, tell me what special training is there that solves that issue?  I ask you once again, how about training for those who get in those situations?  How about training them to avoid putting their own lives at risk?   How about "training" your children to respect authority rather than have hatred and disrespect for it?  They didnt get that hate and disrespect on their own, it was taught to them, most likely by example.  Many are also "trained" that they have every right to resist arrest.   Talk about poor training!!!  

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I am making light of your logic or lack thereof.  Precisely how do you know how many were completely innocent?  How do you know what countries require more training for police officers?  That sounds great but I think you  have absolutely ZERO idea about how any country trains its peace officers.  When an individual has been retained by police, tries to escape, and is tasered and because of the drugs in his system, the taser has no impact on him and he then tries to  harm the officer, tell me what special training is there that solves that issue?  I ask you once again, how about training for those who get in those situations?  How about training them to avoid putting their own lives at risk?   How about "training" your children to respect authority rather than have hatred and disrespect for it?  They didnt get that hate and disrespect on their own, it was taught to them, most likely by example.  Many are also "trained" that they have every right to resist arrest.   Talk about poor training!!!  

Bingo!!  Exactly where LeBron and others should be directing their actions, not by stoking more fear and hatred towards the police.  

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Most people are already taught to respect police officers. Fact is police are not trained well in America. 1. They’re scared of the neighborhoods and people they’re supposed to protect and serve 2. They don’t use deesculation technique. 3. Half of em can’t physically handle themselves.

6 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Most people are already taught to respect police officers. Fact is police are not trained well in America. 1. They’re scared of the neighborhoods and people they’re supposed to protect and serve 2. They don’t use deesculation technique. 3. Half of em can’t physically handle themselves.

That’s why they need guns! 🤓

More unsubstantiated allegations.  You havent the foggiest idea whether "half of them cant physically handle themselves".  I ask you again, if tasering fails to subdue someone who is resisting, do you HONESTLY believe there is a deescalation ( not ulation) technique that works?  I am suggesting to you that in the two most recent deaths of note ( Minneapolis and Kenosha) there was ZERO, ZILCH, NADA respect for police officers by the suspects.

De-escalation technique? What? When an officer tells you to STOP or GET ON THE GROUND or PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK and you choose to do something else (like fight or reach in your car or walk toward the armed officer) - and the officer has a weapon drawn on you, you pretty much decided how it’s gonna play out. Look. It’s not supposed to be a fair fight. It’s not supposed to be a fight at all. Do what the police say and you’ll come out alive probably 100% of the time. End of story. 

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

More unsubstantiated allegations.  You havent the foggiest idea whether "half of them cant physically handle themselves".  I ask you again, if tasering fails to subdue someone who is resisting, do you HONESTLY believe there is a deescalation ( not ulation) technique that works?  I am suggesting to you that in the two most recent deaths of note ( Minneapolis and Kenosha) there was ZERO, ZILCH, NADA respect for police officers by the suspects.

Once your to the point where your tasering  them you’ve already bypassed the deesculation part. So now your at the point where your physical unable to handle the situation. Thanks for proving my point. So cops killing 1000 people a year means they 1. weren’t able to deescalate the situation and then 2. weren’t able to physically handle the situation. So they had to resort to 3. kill the suspect. Other countries with more well trained officers don’t have this happen 1000 times each year 

5 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Once your to the point where your tasering  them you’ve already bypassed the deesculation part. So now your at the point where your physical unable to handle the situation. Thanks for proving my point. So cops killing 1000 people a year means they 1. weren’t able to deescalate the situation and then 2. weren’t able to physically handle the situation. So they had to resort to 3. kill the suspect. Other countries with more well trained officers don’t have this happen 1000 times each year 

Is there any responsibility for those who can’t be “de-escalated” to follow the law?

39 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

SETX Fan earlier post:

”Stevenash, I have specialized training and decades of experience in forensic psychology and have seen some of the worst people in this world.”

You would think someone with an advanced degree would not have such prejudicial views toward an entire profession.  Having worked the streets, primarily in minority areas, for the past 28 years I can tell you (for a fact) that your assumptions are categorically false.  It’s easy to want to take it personally and fire back with sarcasm and vitriol but it would do no good.  I truly find it sad when someone is so entrenched in their views they cannot see alternative viewpoints.  Best of luck to you and keep searching for Utopia.  We shall only see it after the Lord comes and takes His people home.

15 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

You guys are right. Law enforcement doesn’t need much training to protect and serve U.S. citizens. Just give em their gun and badge and let em go get the bad guys.  

Did you answer the question though? Is there any responsibility on the law breakers to follow the law before “de-escalation” becomes necessary?

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Did you answer the question though? Is there any responsibility on the law breakers to follow the law before “de-escalation” becomes necessary?

That’s common sense but that’s a deflector question to get away from the fact that law enforcement is not well trained in the U.S. 

On 9/13/2020 at 9:06 PM, SW1966 said:

Stevenash, I have specialized training and decades of experience in forensic psychology and have seen some of the worst people in this world.

@Chester86

@SETXFan

Dont get them confused, they are separate but equal.

Edited by WOSdrummer99
Added people involved

5 hours ago, Setx fan said:

The link contained a lot of info. Some interesting/some irrelevant concerning BT. It proves a lot more about Glover and his organization than it does BT. It proves Glover was a criminal and BT had off and on relations with him. The things that stuck out to me were the red charger that detectives said seemed to show up when the trap on Elliot Ave needed a re-up. They said they put a GPS tracker on it and traced it to Breonna’s house 6 times within 2 weeks. That proves the driver of that vehicle (who happened to be Glover during these trips) had some type of relationship with BT. We allready know this. Then one time out of the 6 times Glover walks out with a mail package. We also know Glover gets mail to BT’s house time to time. Detectives think it may be narcotics. Glover claims he orders clothes, floor mats, and things of that nature online. Then detectives see him get in the red charger and drive to another address. Not the Elliot Ave address but a W. Muhammad Ali Blvd address. Detectives say they observe the activity going on at this address and decide it could be a secondary trap spot. That is the only decent evidence they had that BT might be involved in a drug operation. There are no other reported incidents of them witnessing packages being picked up from BT’s house to either of the addresses perceived to be trap spots. There is no way to be a 100% sure the package they did witness was actually narcotics. The means for a no-knock warrant includes if the suspect is considered a violent criminal(which Breonna was not), if the suspect has cameras to watch for law enforcement(which Breonna didn’t), or if the suspect is known to hide evidence or attempt to flee from law enforcement(she’d never really been in trouble with law enforcement). That one package, which they perceived to be a suspicious package but were affirmed by a U.S. Postal inspector it was not, was not a good reason for a no knock warrant. I would say the better place to hit would have been Muhammed Ali Blvd which they did not execute although it was also stamped by Judge Mary. Seems backwards to me 

I really appreciate that you took the time to read that. Thanks.  I just took from it that BT wasn’t the ex gf from two years ago, and was likely up to her eyeballs in the illegal activities. I knew a guy one time that called his Xanax as “footballs“ in passing and I mentioned to my gf that he calling his meds by their names... that was street slang. I kinda got the same impression when BT was talking about Big Doug being in the “trap.” It indicates that she’s a little more familiar with the drug enterprise than we would have preferred. 
The police didn’t know where they would find Jamarcus. He’d used BT’s address as his own within the last month... it was entirely possible that he (a dangerous subject, unlike BT) would be at her house. I’m aware that they had already arrested him a few hours earlier, so it’s possible that the police knocked at BT’s door before blasting in because they no longer felt that the danger was imminent. I’ll be honest... I believe the police version of “we announced” about as much as I believe the neighbor’s account of “they didn’t announce.”  Kinda like when eyewitness swore that Michael Brown had his hands up when in reality that was just what they’d been told.  I really wish we had definitive proof. 
I’m pretty sure that they were done executing warrants right about that time that the shootout happened. 
I mostly took from the report that Breonna wasn’t as far removed from the business as we were initially led to believe, and that including her place in the group of warrants was reasonable, not an error. 
I also saw where Louisville went on ahead and paid the family 12 milly before the investigation even wrapped up.  That’s laughable. 

3 hours ago, Setx fan said:

That’s common sense but that’s a deflector question to get away from the fact that law enforcement is not well trained in the U.S. 

If it’s common sense, then why don’t you concentrate on that. Quit giving your friends, the criminals, a pass. Let’s get them straightened out, because they are they cause. You’re putting the horse before the cart.