Can You Hear Me Now?

UT alum

1 hour ago, SW1966 said:

Let me say this.  I do not glorify or support criminals of any group.  I have evaluated hundreds of criminals and absolutely do not consider their ethnic group, sex, or religion.  Those demographics are irrelevant, and I have a responsibility to my profession to remain objective and act ethically.  Unfortunately, our justice system is fraught with bias.  But that still does not change the fact THAT person committed the crime.  If you support BLM and kill someone for that, this is a crime and you pay the consequences.  Killing a police officer - or anyone - as a protest is abhorrent.  So is it when a police officer commits a crime against ANY citizen.

Help me out here. I can’t help but notice Breonna Taylor’s name on the back of NFL players’ helmets. What crime(s) if any, did those police officers commit during the execution of the search warrant?

I see her case as the most glaring example of misguided angst by BLM and its supporters (peaceful and violent).  

11 hours ago, stevenash said:

I disagree.   The numbers that would interest me are not what percentage of population are black but rather the percentage of crimes committed by them.

Can you not look beyond the percentage of crimes committed to the disparity in sentencing?  The thirteenth amendment abolished involuntary labor “except for punishment of crime whereas the party shall have been duly convicted”. After the civil war, this was used primarily in the south to convict black people and conscript them to service as criminals. Hence the proliferation of the “chain gang”. This societal view of African Americans as a whole being a criminal people is self fulfilling prophecy created by generations of unequal justice. I know you’ll hold me to a factual standard that does not exist for your cohorts in here, so believe me, I’m gathering the data to back my assertion.

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Help me out here. I can’t help but notice Breonna Taylor’s name on the back of NFL players’ helmets. What crime(s) if any, did those police officers commit during the execution of the search warrant?

I see her case as the most glaring example of misguided angst by BLM and its supporters (peaceful and violent).  

Detective Joshua Jaynes should have never had that search warrant approved by Judge Mary Shaw. You also had officer Brett Hankinson blindly shooting from the outside through a patio door. Multiple people should be punished for that foolishness. 

19 minutes ago, Realville said:

I assume you agree with the statement in the introduction that blacks are shot by police at a rate 2.5x that of white counterparts, and that at the time of the report there were over 180,00 Covid-19 deaths. And, reading further it also states the protests are “overwhelmingly peaceful”. Also, it’s implication of a”violent government response” and a “militarized federal reaction” helping to stoke violence. In conclusion, it says that increasingly, the protests are being “met with violence by state actors, non-state actors, and counter protestors”.  What point were you trying to make, exactly? 

21 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Detective Joshua Jaynes should have never had that search warrant approved by Judge Mary Shaw. You also had officer Brett Hankinson blindly shooting from the outside through a patio door. Multiple people should be punished for that foolishness. 

Have you read any of the recent information released recently that clearly (to me) indicated that Ms. Taylor was an ongoing active participant in the drug enterprise, as verified by recorded phone conversations as well as photos of Ms. Taylor with the subject of those warrants at a known drug distribution location as recently as two months before the shooting?  This stuff all got dumped recently (and ignored by the media), and it make it obvious (in the words of the drug guy) that she was a key part of the operation, "holding his money?"

To me it makes the warrant 100% justified.  

So you feel that the officer should be punished for returning fire, and criminals should be allowed to empty their weapons at police officers without fear of return fire?

I'll try to find a link to that info... it was something like 40 pages. 

34 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

This is the hidden content, please

I read through some of the actual docs a week or two ago and it was pretty convincing.  I can't find them now.

Walker thought that they were being robbed.  The police claim that they announced, the occupants say that they didn't.  It really doesn't matter because they had a no-knock warrant.  

I think the question is whether or not no-knock warrants are something that should be eliminated (I disagree), not about whether these officers did anything wrong.  I feel for the victim in this case, because I could easily see myself in her situation if the police were trying to bust into my house unannounced.  It's a horrible situation, but I don't see the criminality.  

And I don't care how much training a human has.  When somebody starts shooting at you in the dark, you're probably going to fire indiscriminately.  It's all so unfortunate.  Somebody described such instances as "lawful but awful" and I think the description fits. 

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Can you not look beyond the percentage of crimes committed to the disparity in sentencing?  The thirteenth amendment abolished involuntary labor “except for punishment of crime whereas the party shall have been duly convicted”. After the civil war, this was used primarily in the south to convict black people and conscript them to service as criminals. Hence the proliferation of the “chain gang”. This societal view of African Americans as a whole being a criminal people is self fulfilling prophecy created by generations of unequal justice. I know you’ll hold me to a factual standard that does not exist for your cohorts in here, so believe me, I’m gathering the data to back my assertion.

Yes, I can look beyond that and agree that if the stats legitimately show sentencing disparity, that needs to be addressed.  HOWEVER, it has little if anything to do with the policemen doing their job.

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

I've seen a few examples here and there, but no real indication that blacks are punished more severely than white when charged with the same crime and with similar backgrounds.  I can point you towards a certain person recently convicted for their first ever felony drug possession charge and receiving 17 years... possession of 14 grams of meth in Tyler County, Texas.  That's enough for 28 really, really small doses, according to the DA.  The convicted guy was a habitual offender for driving without a license, though.  17 years, my man.... 17 long years for a first felony conviction.

The problem is this.  You say that "This societal view of African Americans as a whole being a criminal people is self fulfilling prophecy created by generations of unequal justice.'  Basically saying that because things used to be bad, black people are just living up to our lower expectations.  That's complete crap, BTW.  It's like your husband saying "well, if you're going to keep accusing me of cheating, then I'm just gonna do it" when in reality, he just wants some strange. 

If a young man is 19 years old, a high school dropout, a convicted felon, has multiple kids he can't provide for, and neck tattoos..... that's not society's fault- it's poor choices.  No matter what color the young man is. 

Well stated.   Poor choices seems to always get lost in these conversations.  Someone must teach the  young people about poor choices and the government is not the answer.   The family is.  If the family is not properly constructed, then much of the demands for training ought to be directed to that type of training.

40 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I read through some of the actual docs a week or two ago and it was pretty convincing.  I can't find them now.

Walker thought that they were being robbed.  The police claim that they announced, the occupants say that they didn't.  It really doesn't matter because they had a no-knock warrant.  

I think the question is whether or not no-knock warrants are something that should be eliminated (I disagree), not about whether these officers did anything wrong.  I feel for the victim in this case, because I could easily see myself in her situation if the police were trying to bust into my house unannounced.  It's a horrible situation, but I don't see the criminality.  

And I don't care how much training a human has.  When somebody starts shooting at you in the dark, you're probably going to fire indiscriminately.  It's all so unfortunate.  Somebody described such instances as "lawful but awful" and I think the description fits. 

She had an off and on relationship with Marcus Glover. Him giving her money does not mean she’s part of a drug operation although the way he says it on the phone recording may imply that she is “holding it for him” which would mean she’s an active participant in a drug operation. You have to keep in mind he’s on the phone with his girlfriend and trying to help her understand his relationship with Breonna. You also have to keep in mind he’s been offered a plea deal to implicate Breonna in a drug operation. You should also take notice of him saying he hasn’t seen Breonna in 2 months. It’s kind of hard to be part of a drug operation without being in contact for that long.  Fact is they broke in and killed a human being that definitely didn’t deserve to die that way. After all that they found nothing illegal in the apartment. If you think that’s good police work idk what to tell you. 

Detective Joshua Haynes lied in his affidavits to Judge Mary Shaw seeking no knock warrants. He claimed a U.S. Postal inspector verified suspicious packages being delivered to Breonna’s house for him. Inspector Tony Gooden verified he nor any inspector was contacted directly by JH but a different agency contacted them and they affirmed them no suspicious packages were being mailed to that address. JH also claimed he saw a white 2016 Chevy Impala that belonged to Breonna parked outside Glover’s home on several occasions. Breonna had traded that car in and no longer possessed it. Officers also claim they announced themselves but witnesses verify that’s not true. And you are correct in your belief that it does not matter. But that is exactly what bothers me. Why are you lying about announcing yourself when you have a no-knock warrant? Sometimes people just  over do it in effort to cover things up. I trust none of these officers claims about the incident because there’s too much lying going on.  

Judge Mary Shaw signed off on 5 no-knock warrants within 12 minutes. She couldn’t have given it much consideration within 12 minutes. Seems like she has the same mindset as a lot of you guys. Just blindly supporting law enforcement. 

24 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

She had an off and on relationship with Marcus Glover. Him giving her money does not mean she’s part of a drug operation although the way he says it on the phone recording may imply that she is “holding it for him” which would mean she’s an active participant in a drug operation. You have to keep in mind he’s on the phone with his girlfriend and trying to help her understand his relationship with Breonna. You also have to keep in mind he’s been offered a plea deal to implicate Breonna in a drug operation. You should also take notice of him saying he hasn’t seen Breonna in 2 months. It’s kind of hard to be part of a drug operation without being in contact for that long.  Fact is they broke in and killed a human being that definitely didn’t deserve to die that way. After all that they found nothing illegal in the apartment. If you think that’s good police work idk what to tell you. 

Detective Joshua Haynes lied in his affidavits to Judge Mary Shaw seeking no knock warrants. He claimed a U.S. Postal inspector verified suspicious packages being delivered to Breonna’s house for him. Inspector Tony Gooden verified he nor any inspector was contacted directly by JH but a different agency contacted them and they affirmed them no suspicious packages were being mailed to that address. JH also claimed he saw a white 2016 Chevy Impala that belonged to Breonna parked outside Glover’s home on several occasions. Breonna had traded that car in and no longer possessed it. Officers also claim they announced themselves but witnesses verify that’s not true. And you are correct in your belief that it does not matter. But that is exactly what bothers me. Why are you lying about announcing yourself when you have a no-knock warrant? Sometimes people just  over do it in effort to cover things up. I trust none of these officers claims about the incident because there’s too much lying going on.  

Judge Mary Shaw signed off on 5 no-knock warrants within 12 minutes. She couldn’t have given it much consideration within 12 minutes. Seems like she has the same mindset as a lot of you guys. Just blindly supporting law enforcement. 

Gee, much of what you claim happened sounds exactly how the FISA warrant was obtained by the FBI for Trump.  Does that bother you as well?

Even a no knock, they still announce. POLICE....C-R-A-S-H. The element of surprise favors the police. Thought they was being robbed...... yeah right. Keep on blindly following the criminal element and making flaky excuses for their violent behavior and you will eventually be ruled by them. I’d say south side of Chicago already is. Isn’t that a lovely way to live? She shouldn’t have been there. End of story.

I could be like that guy in the video of the two officers that were cowardly ambushed in LA and say “I’m glad she’s dead”. Alas, I don’t have that in me. The people who shot at the cops deserved to die and asked for it. 

9 minutes ago, baddog said:

Even a no knock, they still announce. POLICE....C-R-A-S-H. The element of surprise favors the police. Thought they was being robbed...... yeah right. Keep on blindly following the criminal element and making flaky excuses for their violent behavior and you will eventually be ruled by them. I’d say south side of Chicago already is. Isn’t that a lovely way to live? She shouldn’t have been there. End of story.

I could be like that guy in the video of the two officers that were cowardly ambushed in LA and say “I’m glad she’s dead”. Alas, I don’t have that in me. The people who shot at the cops deserved to die and asked for it. 

There were no criminals in the house that was raided by cops idiot. Smh 

7 minutes ago, baddog said:

That’s all you gleaned from my post? Amazing. Don’t start with the name calling either. 

That was the only thing relevant to the topic I was discussing. The rest was deflection. The one statement of relevance happened to also be pure ignorance. My apologies for name calling though 

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

One of the things that I took from transcripts i read a couple of days ago was that the guys in jail (not Walker, but the other members of the drug outfit) were wondering why the police were around at that time of the morning, because "that's when the robbers are out."   Perhaps Mr. Walker (if he believed that the people pounding on his door were actually cops and not robbers) would have complied with officers' directives.  But we all know that yelling "Police!" is one of the actual robbers favorite ploys.   More often announcing one's self as an officer before entering would only give the really bad guys a heads-up and time to spring into action against the police. and I think that this is a prime example of why no-knock warrants are needed.

It's not just a racial thing, either... There was a white couple killed in Houston a year or two ago under similar circumstances.  In that case the warrant was drawn up with two numbers on the address transposed.  Unlike Breonna (who was obviously a part of the ongoing criminal operation), these folks were in no way involved or related to the police business at hand, and they were both killed by officers after the victims initially fired upon officers executing a warrant.  

Imagine this... There are two guys standing on the side of the street one day and one whips out his pistola and starts cranking off rounds at a nearby police officer who returns fire and kills the unarmed man who was just standing there next to the gunman. You'd have that officer fired, tried, and hopefully executed because of his negligence, lack of training, bad marksmanship, etc.....   Most people don't see things that way, and honestly, if most people knew half as much about this case as you or I, they'd be completely irritated at how the situation has been misrepresented in the media.  You have to dig really deep to find an account that even mentions that Walker shot a cop and Taylor was killed by return fire. 

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

I assume you agree with the statement in the introduction that blacks are shot by police at a rate 2.5x that of white counterparts, and that at the time of the report there were over 180,00 Covid-19 deaths. And, reading further it also states the protests are “overwhelmingly peaceful”. Also, it’s implication of a”violent government response” and a “militarized federal reaction” helping to stoke violence. In conclusion, it says that increasingly, the protests are being “met with violence by state actors, non-state actors, and counter protestors”.  What point were you trying to make, exactly? 

So you cherry picked 2 things in the 1st paragraph of a 23 page article an that’s your conclusion of what the article said. Good Grief! Continue on with your manufactured outrage of victimhood and Trump her my feelings!

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

One of the things that I took from transcripts i read a couple of days ago was that the guys in jail (not Walker, but the other members of the drug outfit) were wondering why the police were around at that time of the morning, because "that's when the robbers are out."   Perhaps Mr. Walker (if he believed that the people pounding on his door were actually cops and not robbers) would have complied with officers' directives.  But we all know that yelling "Police!" is one of the actual robbers favorite ploys.   More often announcing one's self as an officer before entering would only give the really bad guys a heads-up and time to spring into action against the police. and I think that this is a prime example of why no-knock warrants are needed.

It's not just a racial thing, either... There was a white couple killed in Houston a year or two ago under similar circumstances.  In that case the warrant was drawn up with two numbers on the address transposed.  Unlike Breonna (who was obviously a part of the ongoing criminal operation), these folks were in no way involved or related to the police business at hand, and they were both killed by officers after the victims initially fired upon officers executing a warrant.  

Imagine this... There are two guys standing on the side of the street one day and one whips out his pistola and starts cranking off rounds at a nearby police officer who returns fire and kills the unarmed man who was just standing there next to the gunman. You'd have that officer fired, tried, and hopefully executed because of his negligence, lack of training, bad marksmanship, etc.....   Most people don't see things that way, and honestly, if most people knew half as much about this case as you or I, they'd be completely irritated at how the situation has been misrepresented in the media.  You have to dig really deep to find an account that even mentions that Walker shot a cop and Taylor was killed by return fire. 

1. I think your mistaking Kenneth Walker for Adrien Walker

2. You seem to be hell bent on believing BT was part of a drug operation based on a recorded phone call of an inmate with his gf while he was being offered a plea deal to implicate her. That’s a lot of guys go-to move when caught cheating on their spouse. To pretend it’s a business relationship. I’ve seen it far too many times, especially with an inmate who needs support from the outside. 

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

1. I think your mistaking Kenneth Walker for Adrien Walker

2. You seem to be hell bent on believing BT was part of a drug operation based on a recorded phone call of an inmate with his gf while he was being offered a plea deal to implicate her. That’s a lot of guys go-to move when caught cheating on their spouse. To pretend it’s a business relationship. I’ve seen it far too many times, especially with an inmate who needs support from the outside. 

Kenneth Walker was the guy that was at Breonna's apartment and shot the cop during the execution of the search warrant.  I'm not sure who Adrien Walker is.  Kenneth Walker is the one that initially claimed that Breonna had shot the officer, not himself, further clouding the initial investigation.  

It wasn't just that.  The police had photos of Breonna and Jamarcus arriving at one of his trap houses in her car within two months of the shooting.  Jamarcus and at least one other inmate mentioned that "Bre" held Jamarcus' money for him.  Jamarcus had also changed his bank statement address to Breonna's address in February.  

I'm not trying to steer you wrong... There were tons and tons of pages of evidence released by one of the LE groups (I think Sheriff, but I can't remember) and it was pretty incriminating.  The gang (Jamarcus and the rest of the crew) were highly critical of Walker, blaming him for getting Breonna killed.  Mentioned that he was walking around lockup with her brains staining his shirt.  Like i said....an interesting read, for sure.