Jasper vs Newton

aTmfan06

1 minute ago, NEagles95 said:

I made no excuses whatsoever. Bc I think they lack class is not an excuse. We were beat straight up. We have moved on. It was a very tough loss, yes. We have an excellent program and we are proud of it and we can roll with the punches as well. It’s all good.

What made you think they lacked class

1 minute ago, NEagles95 said:

The players and cheerleaders attitudes towards our players after the game. 

Yea I can definitely understand but during the few years I lived in Longview I watched a Gilmer game against Liberty-Eylau I saw class but I can do you one better than what you stated... One year when I attended a Longview-Marshall game back in 2011 or 2012 fans were going at it and it reminded me of a Coldspring vs Cleveland game in either football or basketball and if any bored members know anything about Cleveland they do not take losses well especially against us

13 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

What made you think they lacked class

During the 2014 championship game, there was a group of gilmer fans in a suite box on the WOS side. They were extremely rude, wouldnt speak when I would ask questions. And I attempted to congratulate them and shake their hands afterword, absolutely no response. It was like I was invisible to them. Just my take on it. They thought they were too good or too rich to engage with lil ole WOS. Hopefully someday I can return the favor.

Now back to the upcoming contest...

10 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

During the 2014 championship game, there was a group of gilmer fans in a suite box on the WOS side. They were extremely rude, wouldnt speak when I would ask questions. And I attempted to congratulate them and shake their hands afterword, absolutely no response. It was like I was invisible to them. Just my take on it. They thought they were too good or too rich to engage with lil ole WOS. Hopefully someday I can return the favor.

Now back to the upcoming contest...

I also remember when we were playing Gilmer in the first round in 2017 we were winning at halftime and I was walking to the concession stand and a group of Gilmer dancers and band were starting a ruckus of trash talking to some diboll fans 

38 minutes ago, lumberjack2020 said:

I also remember when we were playing Gilmer in the first round in 2017 we were winning at halftime and I was walking to the concession stand and a group of Gilmer dancers and band were starting a ruckus of trash talking to some diboll fans 

That’s just disrespectful. Their fans were jerks too. 

13 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Especially in the 90s and 00s when Cleveland thought they was something special

I can back this up, used to watch a lot of Silsbee football and basketball in the early 90's and they were always full of themselves then. Lots of fights. 

9 minutes ago, NetCat said:

I can back this up, used to watch a lot of Silsbee football and basketball in the early 90's and it was always bad then. 

Cleveland was the first stadium that I know of that had metal detectors at the gates. At least it was the first one that I ever entered that had them.

31 minutes ago, NetCat said:

I can back this up, used to watch a lot of Silsbee football and basketball in the early 90's and they were always full of themselves then. Lots of fights. 

They were pretty cocky, even when they were terrible. We went down there in '89 with a pretty good group and beat them 82-0 and they were still jawing all night long. 

Just now, JasperDAWG said:

at halftime the Silver&Blue were beating those pesky Buckeyes like 25-7. but lost game 35-25. (I think). 

You are correct.  But for a questionable call, it would have been 31-7 (WO-S was having problems with extra points that day so I couldn't assume that) at the half.

15 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You are correct.  But for a questionable call, it would have been 31-7 (WO-S was having problems with extra points that day so I couldn't assume that) at the half.

I worked with that kicker a few years ago. He wouldn't tell most people his position, just that he didn't play much. I recognized him from the postgame award ceremony, but never really called him out about it. Once, another WOS alum and I were talking about the game. Not knowing that the kicker was standing there with us, he was cussing about how the kicker blew the game. I felt so bad for that kid. You could see in his eyes the pain. I went on to let the other guy know the kicker wasn't solely responsible. Young team, bad calls, DT being double teamed, and gilmer bringing in fresh DBs to cover him when he went both ways almost all game long. Along with our first trip to Jerryworld and playing on national TV at like 11am. Those kids learned alot that day, and it showed in 2015, 16 and even 17. The kicker also went on to be an outstanding, respectful young man. I'm glad to be able to call him a friend now.

Like I said in another post. Can't you see how bad I'm missing our WOS football?

Maybe now we can get back to the regularly scheduled programming.

WOS 2020

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

😞 extra pts were the difference in 2004 in state championship game loss 49-47 for my DAWGS against  the Orange&Black horse chestnuts (Buckeyes)

It's easy to blame the officials at the end of that game, but we never should have gotten so far behind. Those Dawgs had some heart and a bunch of good players. I watched the Gilmer feed of that game on YouTube about a year ago and they were talking about blowing us out for a good chunk of the game, but they were amazed with how we outplayed the Buckeyes in the second half.