Jasper vs Newton

aTmfan06

3 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I expect this to be a good defensive game. We played a slobber knocker against a very good Diboll team last year on a short week and lost 14-9. Jasper should play better this time around, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the score is similar to that game. 

I also expect this to be a low scoring game maybe 21-14 but it’s a tossup on who wins both some of my favorite east texas teams

6 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

These Wos guys seem to be hard on Newton.. let's bring up the most recent years  .. not 2015 ..Didnt Newton beat Wos in their last  2 match-up ?Thought so ..!!

But the question was asked "when was the last time a Newton team lost by 3 TD's or more?"  It was simply answered. Just happened to be answered by a fan of the team who beat Newton.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But the question was asked "when was the last time a Newton team lost by 3 TD's or more?"  It was simply answered. Just happened to be answered by a fan of the team who beat Newton.

Yea... just reminding them who won the last 2 match up between Newton and Wos.. No big deal..

50 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

These Wos guys seem to be hard on Newton.. let's bring up the most recent years  .. not 2015 ..Didnt Newton beat Wos in their last  2 match-up ?Thought so ..!!

No sir, not at all. I have always been a big fan of my purple friends to the north. It's very much a mutual respect. My boss is a former newton qb from back in the day. It does get heated that week though. All in good fun.

4 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No sir, not at all. I have always been a big fan of my purple friends to the north. It's very much a mutual respect. My boss is a former newton qb from back in the day. It does get heated that week though. All in good fun.

Likewise. We always pull for you guys. Outstanding program with class. Good luck this season.

34 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

Yea... just reminding them who won the last 2 match up between Newton and Wos.. No big deal..

Actually, Newton's current run is better than that.  They have taken 3 of the last 4 from the Mustangs (they won the 2014 game as well).

AND NOW, you know why I didn't West Orange-Stark when answering the question and just stated Class 4A Division II State Champs to show that it takes a pretty good team to do what one person, who has happened to be documented as wrong here 3 times in the last 2 days (at least), cavalierly believes will happen Friday night.

My fondest hope is that next week there is a WO-S/Newton thread because that would indicate progress on a number of levels.  However, let's wait until then.

10 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Actually, Newton's current run is better than that.  They have taken 3 of the last 4 from the Mustangs (they won the 2014 game as well).

AND NOW, you know why I didn't West Orange-Stark when answering the question and just stated Class 4A Division II State Champs to show that it takes a pretty good team to do what one person, who has happened to be documented as wrong here 3 times in the last 2 days (at least), cavalierly believes will happen Friday night.

My fondest hope is that next week there is a WO-S/Newton thread because that would indicate progress on a number of levels.  However, let's wait until then.

Did y’all end up winning state 2014? I remember listening to the game on the radio on the way home the next day but can’t remember if y’all won. & 2014 was the first time we beat y’all, right? My memory isn’t as good as it once was, lol.

4 minutes ago, NEagles95 said:

Did y’all end up winning state 2014? I remember listening to the game on the radio on the way home the next day but can’t remember if y’all won. & 2014 was the first time we beat y’all, right? My memory isn’t as good as it once was, lol.

Let's see:

1.  No, they didn't win state in 2014.  They lost to Gilmer in the finals.

2.  Yes, 2014 was Newton's first ever win over WO-S.

23 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Oh the masses will come out for that WO-S and Newton thread

1 minute ago, NEagles95 said:

I’m pretty sure I just said they had a good program. 

Exactly so there shouldn't be any excuses why y'all loss that year and if I remember correctly most of you guys key players with the exception of a few was there... But y'all also have a good program as well so just chalk it up as a loss and one day hopefully if y'all can get them on the schedule again extract your revenge just like I know that the Newton Eagles can

Just now, JasperDAWG said:

no thank you,  as I was in all honesty making a fun post. don't be so uptight. in no way was it a challenge to your post nor a claim you disputed anything.

You are indeed quiet welcome.

Take care.

Oh no sir I wasn't uptight I honestly thought you were talking about this game not the other one which I was glad Newton had beat Gilmer and I for one definitely like to stuff it in East Texas teams faces (have friends from Tatum, Longview, Henderson, and Carthage) and it wasn't a shot at you personally just was saying in general

18 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Exactly so there shouldn't be any excuses why y'all loss that year and if I remember correctly most of you guys key players with the exception of a few was there... But y'all also have a good program as well so just chalk it up as a loss and one day hopefully if y'all can get them on the schedule again extract your revenge just like I know that the Newton Eagles can

I made no excuses whatsoever. Bc I think they lack class is not an excuse. We were beat straight up. We have moved on. It was a very tough loss, yes. We have an excellent program and we are proud of it and we can roll with the punches as well. It’s all good.

6 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

no thank you,  as I was in all honesty making a fun post. don't be so uptight. in no way was it a challenge to your post nor a claim you disputed anything.

You are indeed quiet welcome.

Take care.

But hopefully y'all guys can do very well against Newton especially like how y'all handled us in the scrimmage against yall