Jasper vs Newton

aTmfan06

This is a great week for Kirbyville to cancel. Sorry, that was petty. Anyways, I think Jasper wins in a close one. Newton has a lot of key sophomores in key positions that will end up being very good, but they do not have a varsity game under their belt. Newton will get better every week, sweep their district and be a top 3A team in the state once again. They need time to find their identity, which will come. I just don't think Newton will be polished enough or experienced enough to beat a good Jasper Bulldogs team their first game of the season. Bulldogs in a close one, but I am rooting for my purple Eagles. 

4 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

This is a great week for Kirbyville to cancel. Sorry, that was petty. Anyways, I think Jasper wins in a close one. Newton has a lot of key sophomores in key positions that will end up being very good, but they do not have a varsity game under their belt. Newton will get better every week, sweep their district and be a top 3A team in the state once again. They need time to find their identity, which will come. I just don't think Newton will be polished enough or experienced enough to beat a good Jasper Bulldogs team their first game of the season. Bulldogs in a close one, but I am rooting for my purple Eagles. 

I expect this to be a good defensive game. We played a slobber knocker against a very good Diboll team last year on a short week and lost 14-9. Jasper should play better this time around, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the score is similar to that game. 

28 minutes ago, KB24 said:

We are talking about Newton. When the last time you seen Newton get beat by 3 touchdowns?  

Its been a minute, lol. We really don’t even know what we’ve got yet. We have our RB Gatson that has several d1 offers, Williams is a strong QB and I’m really not sure about the others. Between Covid and the hurricane we haven’t caught a break. Jasper may beat us but even an average Newton football team doesn’t get run all over. 🙃

57 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

over time I think I have made it clear that I am a fan/supporter of our Purple friends to the east of us. I will continue to be regardless of the outcome Friday night.

That said, it surprises me that quiet a few folks seem to think that the DAWGS are gonna win easily. Yes they have a young roster and yes it's their first game.  it is still NEWTON where athletic bloodlines run DEEP and no matter wheny or who they play those young men are gonna "Bring It".

While the DAWGS in a Win against silsbee looked real good at times , not so much other times. Too much of "not so much" and Newton will be giving us our first "L" on the season.

GO DAWGS GO!!

I agree with you to a certain extent. Although Jasper was winning 20-14 in the 2nd quarter with 3:15 left in the half. You can hardly call that a W. But if that’s what feeds the DAWGS their motivation by all means eat it up. Too much game was left to be played. The weather won that game. 

19 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Exactly 5 years ago in a state game. No need to elaborate. 

It was a preseason game.

12 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

mmmmmmmm... I wonder who that state champ was?

WOS, as if you didn't know, my DAWG

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Don't make me do it, my crimson and white friend.

Yea I did that for ya