New DCTF Top 10

WOSdrummer99

They have Jasper as 0-0, but they show a 20-14 score and a win right next to it on the site. I don't agree with what they did here. Jasper shouldn't be in the top 10 and Silsbee shouldn't have dropped out of it. The game didn't count and shouldn't have influenced the rankings. Hopefully, we'll justify what they did by playing better than we did in the game last week. #6 is too high. 

29 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

They have Jasper as 0-0, but they show a 20-14 score and a win right next to it on the site. I don't agree with what they did here. Jasper shouldn't be in the top 10 and Silsbee shouldn't have dropped out of it. The game didn't count and shouldn't have influenced the rankings. Hopefully, we'll justify what they did by playing better than we did in the game last week. #6 is too high. 

Matt Stepp told me that he changed the records for both teams to reflect the game being ruled a no contest but the rankings would have to remain as is. Rankings were submitted on Sunday before they were informed of the ruling.

He did tell me that had they known of the ruling before the rankings would not have came out this way.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Matt Stepp told me that he changed the records for both teams to reflect the game being ruled a no contest but the rankings would have to remain as is. Rankings were submitted on Sunday before they were informed of the ruling.

He did tell me that had they known of the ruling before the rankings would not have came out this way.

Keep grasping for straws, sir. Maybe a poll by the members of this site, who actually watched the @Texanlive broadcast would influence who won, no strike that, appeared to play better in the non contest.

Delete this if you want. But we know what happened.

22 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That makes sense. I'm really impressed with the Tigers and how they took a punch in the mouth from us and came right back. That's a great coaching point for both teams. 

Just now, WOSdrummer99 said:

Keep grasping for straws, sir. Maybe a poll by the members of this site, who actually watched the @Texanlive broadcast would influence who won, no strike that, appeared to play better in the non contest.

I'm just relaying what Stepp told me.

I was at the game and also watched the game film. Both coaches agreed that not enough of game was played to determine a winner.

Our rankings shows Jasper ahead of Silsbee. I ranked Jasper ahead of Silsbee this week. Thought they were the better team. But no one got the win.

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Um, Matt Stepp himself has indicated that was the case.

People are really griping and crying over rankings... lord lol I’ll take not being ranked all season long with a state championship than ranked number 1 with a 4th round visit. Y’all have this talk come December on who really is better when who is still alive come playoff time. 

On 9/7/2020 at 8:52 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Lets try this again. Way to go Jasper for making a jump into the 4Ad2 Top 10. Silsbee falls out after a "No Contest"

Well someone has reverted the rankings to show siLsbee is back in and Jasper isn't. Guess I underestimated the power of some of you guys. 

Matt Stepp (@Matt_Stepp817) Tweeted: Coaches, my advice when dealing with weather issues on Friday night....this year...even in non-district games, try to come back and play on Saturday...the game the next week isn't promised... #txhsfb

Excellent advice.

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Well someone has reverted the rankings to show siLsbee is back in and Jasper isn't. Guess I underestimated the power of some of you guys. 

Matt Stepp (@Matt_Stepp817) Tweeted: Coaches, my advice when dealing with weather issues on Friday night....this year...even in non-district games, try to come back and play on Saturday...the game the next week isn't promised... #txhsfb

Excellent advice.

That's great advice for this year. It's been nuts! 

11 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Excellent advice.

I 1000% agree. That game, even though a non-district game, was pretty important and based on how it was played, would of been interesting to see the final outcome.

12 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Or you could be like Waskom who was supposed to play San Augustine last week...they got rained out...didnt come back Saturday and play and now their game this week is canceled....ironically San Augustine is looking for a game on the 18th...they should have come back and played last Saturday..

Agreed. With how things are, this high school season will be week to week.

Just looked at DC rankings.   Calallen has dropped to #8, and they’re 1-2.  Yes, lost by one TD to La Vega, #1, but it’s unusual to have a 1-2 team ranked in the top ten, even if they lost to Alabama and Nortre Dame.   😂😂😂

Calallen must have some kind of PR Department.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Just looked at DC rankings.   Calallen has dropped to #8, and they’re 1-2.  Yes, lost by one TD to La Vega, #1, but it’s unusual to have a 1-2 team ranked in the top ten, even if they lost to Alabama and Nortre Dame.   😂😂😂

Calallen must have some kind of PR Department.

It's called the "Phil Danaher Effect."