4A-1A Week 3 Game Cancellations/Changes

AggiesAreWe

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The school and athletic facilities had damage. Have you been in town since the storm?

Correct, the high school, Dan R. Hooks Stadium, Ronnie Anderson Park and several other facilities were damaged.  Specifically at the stadium, the scoreboard was blown down and goal posts were twisted.  Plus in an article (I believe with the Enterprise), Cornel Thompson indicated that there are still players that are evacuated to San Antonio and Austin and didn't know when they would be back.

In fact, the district has closed for all of next week and said they would make an announcement on when they would return.

The power may be on, but things are far from normal in Orange, TX.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Appears some don’t realize how bad Orange was hit.  I’ve lived in this area for 75 years, and will admit I don’t remember a hurricane virtually becoming a hugh tornado.   Orange with severe damage, and 20 miles down I-10 in Beaumont, relatively minor damage.  Very uncharacteristic.

ur absolutely correct. Some really don't know how bad it is at the high school and I know some of the kids are just now getting back bcz of power. And the team hasn't practiced in a week.

On 9/5/2020 at 9:18 PM, Hagar said:

Appears some don’t realize how bad Orange was hit.  I’ve lived in this area for 75 years, and will admit I don’t remember a hurricane virtually becoming a hugh tornado.   Orange with severe damage, and 20 miles down I-10 in Beaumont, relatively minor damage.  Very uncharacteristic.

Hurricane Ike did the same thing in galveston..once u got past the causeway and tiki island, which had big boats on the road, La Marque and further up 45 wasnt even touched, besides no power.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to our schedules from earlier in the year, it has always been scheduled for Saturday at Randall Reed.

Coach Bass informed me of that in the early summer.  He did acknowledge at the time that because of the COVID scare that might not take place. I'll check with him this week and see what the status is.